Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Resident Evil Revelations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Resident Evil Revelations Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil Revelations   Resident Evil Revelations Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:00 pm

There's now a demo of this on the 3DS store, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

It's a very old-school RE, far removed from the much more action oriented fourth and fifth installments, not to mention 3DS' Mercenaries spin-off, set somehwere between 4 & 5 and showing us what Jill Valentine has been up to. In many ways it feels like a homage to the original game, in that it's deliberately quite slow paced, ammo is scarce and enemies are used sparingly to build tension. Level design, based on the pretty brief demo, is quite strong and there are a few weapons to use even in a demo; pistol and shotgun are a given, but of more interest was a weapon that has no attacking function, seemingly solely there to scan for hidden items in the field of vision. It also has a second purpose, in that it can also scan enemies which increases a percentage score on the screen as you do so. Enemies are too few to actually get it to 100% inside my play through, but I'd imagine it would reward you with increased damage or research about said target, something that was implemented very well into Bioshock.

Impressions are quite positive really. The controls are a bit slow, though that seems quite deliberate, but the graphics are very good and it moves very smoothly. The only real disappointment is that the 3D is lacking depth - everything seeming to sit an inch behind the screen, but the foreground (nor Jill herself) doesn't really stand out the same way Link does in OoT.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations   Resident Evil Revelations Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:14 pm

does jill still have a rockin booty?
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations   Resident Evil Revelations Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 8:37 pm

i remember in one of the DS games you could poke jills butt and boobs and she'd react
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations   Resident Evil Revelations Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:28 pm

haha how bd of me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations   Resident Evil Revelations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Revelations
Page 1 of 1