Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recently Watched

Go down 
+24
Casa
Rman
Ntity
testtubebaby
Talking Sock
KittensOnACloud
Old School
Mishimi
L Ron Hubbard
Charlie Sheen
MustyElbow
Eevil-Psycho
Zero
Neo
Ace
SimianWonder
Baal
Kaio
Ellis
Skip
Kaede
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Dr. Chocolate
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Recently Watched - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:10 am

I recently watched War of the Worlds and was surprised to find that most annoying character wasn't the 10 year old girl who screamed the whole time but the teenage son who was obsessed with the military for no damn reason. "Oh hey look the army is fighting the invincible giant alien death robots, I must get closer". Twat.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 4:57 pm

I stopped my Netflix subscription to try out Lovefilm instant for a while. It's a pound cheaper and they seem have more recent movies, although the TV catalogue isn't as good and for some reason they take stuff off the service sometimes. Checking out the stuff Netflix doesn't have I watched Paul, Ghostrider 2, and Man From Nowhere.

Paul was decent. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost meet an alien and help him escape the government. Not as good as Shaun or Fuzz, but that's asking a lot and Edgar Wright wasn't involved.

Ghostrider 2 was... strange. Less action than the first film I think. There's only 3 action scenes with Ghostrider and only 1 proper villain fight. But they were better than the scenes in the first one, as far as I remember.

Man from Nowhere is a Korean action film. The action was a lot like the Bourne movies, except it was all close combat rather than chase scenes and stuff. It was alright.
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Official Sandwich Maker
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 3:55 am

Finally saw inception. Loved it.

I was quite edgy and jumpy throughout the entire film but I am kind of paranoid so give or take what you will..
Ended up shedding a tear, maybe two. Beautifully done thriller, I expected some big reveal for the ending that would do my head in but nonetheless I am satisfied with how it ended. I was informed Memento was equally good so I think I will take that in sometime soon.
I'd give it 8.9/10 for me!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 4:00 am

Memento is a noir kind of thriller, rather than an action thriller like Inception.
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Official Sandwich Maker
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 5:36 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Memento is a noir kind of thriller, rather than an action thriller like Inception.

Oh? Well that's quite alright.
Do you recommend the watch though?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 5:55 am

Memento is good, yes.
Back to top Go down
Rman
Deck Hand
Rman

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 1:06 am

Recently saw Movie 43 and What to Expect when You are Expecting.

Movie 43 was cheesy but had its moments that had me laughing. A very odd combination of clips put together with a loose plot.

The other was much funnier than I was expecting it to be. I thought it was something to slog through but I ended up cracking up.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:54 am

KittensOnACloud wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

Oh? Well that's quite alright.
Do you recommend the watch though?
How have you not seen Memento? Man I feel like i need to educate you about the history of cinema.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 5:39 pm

I saw Fast and Furious 6 last night. Utterly ludicrous but massively entertaining.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 12:50 am

The Dinosaur Project. A found footage dinosaur movie.

More than any other found footage movie I've seen, this one showed up two of the biggest problems with the found footage genre.

1. The usually fimsy excuse for why someone is constantly filming everything. This film happens to feature a film crew going off to film a documentary about the search for a mysterious river animal. But that apparently wasn't enough so the main explorer guy's tech-nerd son somehow tags along without being noticed until it's too late. And he brings his little cameras that record in HD and can be stuck anywhere and send the footage wirelessly back to the videodrives from up to 2 miles away with him.

2. Something amazing can be happening, and rather than film it, the dumbass main character is just filming themselves going "Oh wow that's amazing".
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Official Sandwich Maker
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 2:41 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
I saw Fast and Furious 6 last night. Utterly ludicrous but massively entertaining.

I am suppose to go watch that tomorrow, is it worth it?
I've been getting mixed reviews. Some even say its the worst movie of the Saga.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 2:50 am

Home Movie

Don't know what it is with me and fount footage movies lately. This one is a found footage movie about the worst parents ever. Apart from the Tecas Chainsaw family, no one comes close to being as bad as these two.

The dad is the most annoying priest ever, who uses ever holiday as an excuse to dress up. Dressing up as Santa is fair enough, but a big pink rabbit outfit for Easter? Weird. He was also probably abusing his children. The mother on the other hand is a professional psycho-pathologist or something, who decided to diagnose and treat her own children without any outside help or consultation whatsoever when they start acting up.

By "acting up", I mean doing like crucifying the cat on Christmas, and attacking a kid at school and biting him all over. The parents literally do fuck all about this crap. The kids are constantly doing fucked up shit and the parents just ignore it. A few weeks later everything is fine again. And dad still thinks it appropriate to teach his mental son how to pick locks.

It's well plotted, with a bunch of little things that pay off if you pay attention, but the parents are too dumb and terrible for it to be a good film.

I Saw The Devil

Korean revenge thriller. A serial killer kills a detective's wife, and the detective goes fucking nuts. He tracks down the killer as he's about to kill someone, beats the shit out of him, and then lets him go. But before that he force feeds the killer a tracking device so he can follow him. Then he just follows the killer around as the killer finds other victims, and every time he does the detective interrupts and beats the crap out of him again.

Fucked up but good film. The guy from Oldboy plays the killer.
Back to top Go down
Rman
Deck Hand
Rman

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 2:11 am

Saw "Silver Linings Playbook".....not bad.  Definitely had its really good moments, but overall was just a 7 out of 10.  Had that indie feel and the camera was a little dark and shaky-ish at times.  I do see the whole Oscar deal and the good acting, but not amazing.  Django was much better....but then its a totally different type of movie.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:28 am

Die Hard 1-4
Wreck-It Ralph
Star wars: New Hope

And a bunch of other films
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 8:51 am

Drive Angry
This movie can burn
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 8:52 am

Drive Angry has one of the greatest scenes in cinema history though.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 4:00 pm

snitch

actually really good.... yes you're reading correctly, dwayne "the rock" johnson has done a really good film. Also makes a change for him to not play a hard person but instead a scared family man
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 4:15 pm

World War Z
It was decent. I gather the book was just several accounts of a zombie apocalypse in a war correspondece style. Obviously the film doesn't do that, but it does follow a UN official as he flies around the world trying to track the origin of the outbreak. Typical disaster movie logic of everthing going wrong at just the right moment, but it was entertaining.

Stormhouse
Good low-budget horror. Not scary but an interesting concept. The military capture and hold a spiritual entity and try to use it as a weapon, and shit goes wrong.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 7:15 pm

Neo wrote:
What scene?
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 9:34 pm

jack the giant slayer

fun... cant really say much more, its worth the watch but it's not something you will want to watch more times
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 1:23 am

Elvis Presley wrote:
Neo wrote:
What scene?
The scene where Nicolas Cage shoots a bunch of guys, smokes a cigar and has sex with some girl simultaneously.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 2:54 am

Unknown
Imagine Taken, but instead of Liam Neeson searching for his kidnapped daughter it's Liam Neeson searching for his stolen identity.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 3:14 am

Better or worse than Taken?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 3:22 am

Worse than Taken, but still alright.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 11:28 pm

American Mary

"horror" movie that promises to be bloody and gory by it's description, but it kind of fails to deliver.

it's about a female surgeon student that goes bad, and she gets into this underground scene of body modifications (and after her teacher having raped her, she doesn't really hold back on experimenting on him and other people either).

and don't get me wrong, some of the procedures that people in the movie ask for are downright insane, and shocking on it's own, but if it's a horror movie, I actually expect to see these things happening when she does it... I wanna see blood and gore and all that shit, but it doesn't really happen.

the one time you see a severed arm it looks fake as hell, and i think that's about the goriest thing that was in the movie.

anyways, I don't know, I guess the idea of people willingly wanting some of these body modifications done, is shocking and horror enough for some people, but I need to actually see that she did this stuff..now you just know she did some awfully wrong and probably gory stuff, but you don't get to see it, which kind of defeats the purpose of the horror for me..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recently Watched
Page 9 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next