Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today

Go down 
+10
Kaede
Skip
Talking Sock
SimianWonder
Baal
Maskull
Golden Boy
Rockstar_Sinistar
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:04 pm

Thought so.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:11 pm

Be thankful the PSP version doesn't have the Scenario Campaign, which is dedicated to Lars and Alisa. SC is their story mode, filled with incredibly long and boring cut scenes. I didn't watch them the first time round because it was became quickly apparent that they were shit. Then a few days ago I decided to watch them for something to do, and to see the story. Got about half way through the third one and quit.

And you are pretty much forced to play it as well, since it gives you a fuckton more money than any other mode. Some items can only be picked up in SC mode and can't be bought either.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:13 pm

So the PSP version is better?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:21 pm

Well, customisation got simplified a lot. Head, neck, arms, upper body, feet, lower body, back, waist left, waist right, face, etc, as well as all the hair pieces, are all separate on the consoles. Some characters have more options as well. Of course everything costs more, and if you want to change an items colour you just have to buy it again, for the same price, in whatever colour you want.

The 3P costumes aren't included in the PSP version. The Gold Rush mode is a replacement for SC, so the console version doesn't have it. I'm not sure if the PSP version does this, but the endings and prologues unlock on a time release on the console version. So you can either do the Arena mode, or just ignore and play other modes, and still get all the movies eventually. Don't think the PSP version has the replay feature either. Plus there's the online.

Last edited by A_Nonny_Moose on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:21 pm

We will do him! wrote:
So I've been playing Tekken 6 on my PSP and so far my best characters are Miguel, Lars and Bob.

I have no opinion on Lars as a character but he plays very well.

Eww.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:25 pm

So should I get the PS3 Version then?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:27 pm

Well I'd rather have the PS3 version than the PSP one. If the PSP had gotten Tekken Bowl and Command Attack and shit instead of the boring Gold Rush, it would be worth having. The portable aspect is the only benefit of it.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:34 pm

Alright then, Tekken 6 is next on my list then.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:09 am

Oh, and motion blur is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 2:48 am

Chuck Bass wrote:
We will do him! wrote:
So I've been playing Tekken 6 on my PSP and so far my best characters are Miguel, Lars and Bob.

I have no opinion on Lars as a character but he plays very well.

Eww.

Don't have on the unfabulous.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 2:56 am

He's a ridiculous, overpowered character.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:09 am

I only lost to a few Bobs, most of his players I've fought must be terrible if he's considered overpowered.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:23 am

Well, he has a few hard hitting fast moves, but most can be avoided by sidestepping.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:13 pm

Gah I hate Rage Mode, out of all the battles I played tonight with Law, whom I have been getting better with, all those that ended 3 - 2 I lost due to the opponent pulling something out of his ass, amplified by rage mode,, that took anything from a quarter to half of my health....
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:12 pm

GRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAIHATESTEVE!

There's a damn good reason he's always at the top of the tier lists I suppose. Strangely though I'm finding easier to win with Lars online in general, but against Chou it was harder to win than when I was using Lili. I'm sticking with him for a while though.

As for his juggles Chou, they're not really any harder than any other character as long as you don't work his Entry steps into them. They make things complicated. I know after a bound I can DE in to continue. Deals more damage but I can't pull it off consistently at all. He has some irregular launchers too. ff+2 and WS1 both launch the opponent facing downwards, although you can follow with ~f,3. u/f+4 and f+1+2 are his (my) main launchers not including CH. I think d/f+2 is launch on CH, not sure about others.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:32 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

There's a damn good reason he's always at the top of the tier lists I suppose. Strangely though I'm finding easier to win with Lars online in general, but against Chou it was harder to win than when I was using Lili. I'm sticking with him for a while though.

Hey, don't hate him. He's a fellow British after all.
Well, against Lars I play more offensively because he lacks an intimidating sweep. Also, Lars' low moves are pretty weak in general and Lili's juggles do greater damage. But it's so annoying that half of his moves seem to crush high attacks. I almost lost to a Lars player spamming d/f+1.
I'm not sure whether I should learn him or Lili as my secondary character. Lars is better overall, but Lili is easier to use and stronger.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 9:37 am

Chuck Bass wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

Well, against Lars I play more offensively because he lacks an intimidating sweep. Also, Lars' low moves are pretty weak in general and Lili's juggles do greater damage. But it's so annoying that half of his moves seem to crush high attacks. I almost lost to a Lars player spamming d/f+1.
I'm not sure whether I should learn him or Lili as my secondary character. Lars is better overall, but Lili is easier to use and stronger.

Bob's American, But I seldom even look at the guy. >_>

btw, It was awesome finally getting to fight some-one, Nonny. I'm currently at 3-3 right now. XD

2 of those were practically givens for you. I'm not as good with Lee & Bryan as I am with Hwoarang. ...Though, I can usually do better with Hwoarang. scratch Maybe after I get use to the Red Connection effect I'll be a better player and less of a spammer.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 11:57 am

Getting used to the lag won't make you any better. Unless the lag is small enough that you can still react to most stuff in time, it always comes down to mashing. Or throwing out a launch and then dialing in the rest of the combo before you know if the launch landed.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:08 pm

Chuck Bass wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

I need to get back into practice mode with Lars and find out some more stuff about him. Need to find more useful natural combos for one thing. d/b+1,3 is getting overused. One barely useful thing I discovered though, is that d+3,1 traps people who don't know how to side roll. After a knockdown against a wall, all 3 hits connect if they back roll or just lie there.

And while Lili's good, her poke/punish game isn't great. She only really excels in combos. But if you get can get a launcher off, and wall carry, that's half the opponents health bar gone right there, and with pretty simple inputs too. I fought a great Lili on the little jungle level and got destroyed by juggles and wall carries.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:11 pm

Yeah, lag is a bitch, especially when I use Law, because I really have to rely more on instincts then other characters. With Law, his combos are short and you have to string them together. One block and you have to start over.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:13 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Chuck Bass wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

I need to get back into practice mode with Lars and find out some more stuff about him. Need to find more useful natural combos for one thing. d/b+1,3 is getting overused. One barely useful thing I discovered though, is that d+3,1 traps people who don't know how to side roll. After a knockdown against a wall, all 3 hits connect if they back roll or just lie there.

And while Lili's good, her poke/punish game isn't great. She only really excels in combos. But if you get can get a launcher off, and wall carry, that's half the opponents health bar gone right there, and with pretty simple inputs too. I fought a great Lili on the little jungle level and got destroyed by juggles and wall carries.
I just picked Lars up for a bit, and I quite like: f+1, 2+f, 4, u+4, 4
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 2:15 pm

I made you mah bitch, Moose. It was funny when I used both LGF and got a perfect in the same round.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 7:18 pm

Fuck, I was wanting to save replays of my fights. But I can only do that online apparently. >_>
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 7:19 pm

And only in ranked matches.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 7:23 pm

...Well, Time to take my lumps. XD

But seriously, What the fuck, Damnco?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today
Page 8 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next