Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today

Go down 
+10
Kaede
Skip
Talking Sock
SimianWonder
Baal
Maskull
Golden Boy
Rockstar_Sinistar
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 11:20 am

Heyhey, hate mail! Almost lost to a Bruce, but he kept using his 10-string and I got used to it. Which makes me "MOTHER FUKER BIG NOVICE".
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 11:33 am

Heh, gotta love people like that. Some people have no grasp of the fact that if they stick to a single patern, people will eventually figure them out.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 12:03 pm

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 8:28 pm

Damn it! I lost to that Ling player again.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 8:46 pm

Decided to try out Lars again. I tried him early on, just like all the new characters, but I never really tried to learn any of them. And damn it if Lars isn't surprisingly hard to get to grips with. You'd think given his design and personality and general "I'm the new badass hero" vibe, he'd be strong and fast and simple so new people could pick him up, like Alisa. Although he has a couple fast flashy moves to satisfy though people (stupid over-powered u/f+3).

But his Entry steps take some time to memorise and his juggle capabilities so seem pretty limited, at least at first glance. I mean with the easier characters you can come up with 70 or 80 damage juggles just by combining simple moves. With Lili, for example, you don't need a massive amount of knowledge or skill to deal some massive damage. But Lars has trouble breaking 65 damage unless you get inventive or carry to wall. Wall game seems solid though. A few very hard hitting moves for that. 1,1,1 is great and gives a B! to follow up from.

Doesn't seem to have great lows, although d+1+2 looks a bit deceptive, which is a plus. Fast tracking mid in b+1 too, which is nice (I'm used to Lili, and she is pretty damn linear with her attacks).

Might stick with him. Haven't been over to TZ yet to check out his strategy threads, so that should help.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 9:07 pm

Lars doesn't need strong juggles. Anyway, a Ling and a Panda player got me demoted. Since I've downloaded the patch I've been fighting all the rare characters. I've yet to encounter Asuka or Alisa.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 9:15 pm

I know, but they could have given him something. f,b+2,1 and WS2,1 and fairly awkward B! moves as well, and 1,1,1, while very simple, only connects at a wall from what I can tell. It's a very different play style to Lili to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 11:56 pm

...I think Imma have to start using the invitation thingy. >_> No-one wants to fight me. Sad Is it because I'm using Hwoarang?
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 12:09 am

Rockstar Forever wrote:
...I think Imma have to start using the invitation thingy. >_> No-one wants to fight me. Sad Is it because I'm using Hwoarang?
Probably. People consider Hwoarang reletively easy to use. I like him though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:13 pm

Took Lars online. Up to 6th kyu and going about 50/50 at the moment. Ran into a few Warriors that destroyed me, as well as one or two really bad spammers who destroyed me. Still not quite used to him.

But of course I had to give him an uber cool look before going online.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:31 pm

Nice, My Hwoarang is black aired with parted bangs. Cool

I have an assortment of outfits for him, Including one based on Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal Outfit.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:33 pm

He'd have a top on if all the hair pieces weren't incompatible with his vest (which is just stupid).
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:15 pm

Some Destroyer level Feng just disconnected on me because I was winning with my 1st Kyu Lars.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:25 pm

Lol, I had a Feng destroy me earlier...
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:34 pm

He certainly can do that.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:44 pm

Also, it's now apparent to me that Miguel is weirdest character in the game. Yes, even more so than Alisa (who's no so much weird, more just a complete bullshit modern anime/hentai archetype). His story is that everyone pretty much hated him his whole life because he was an angry douchebag, but his sister still liked him. He loved his sister so much, he though about killing her boyfriend when he found out they were getting married (that's love that is). Then the wedding gets bombed by the Mishima Zaibatsu (for some reason), so he just goes completely fucking insane and joins the tournament.

It's also hilarious that even though he speaks English with a Spanish accent (rather than just speaking Spanish), they gave him subtitles.

Last edited by A_Nonny_Moose on Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:53 pm

Miguel is a pretty cool guy though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:01 pm

I'm quite enjoying Lars now. Only got 3 simple juggles in my arsenal at the moment, but it doesn't make it any harder to win. So far I'm actually winning more with him than I did with Lili. Just met a Lei player, and when out match got disconnected he demanded a rematch. Played about 10 matches with him, won about half I think. Good opportunity to get used to Lei. The guy wasn't amazing or anything (he lost to me a few times after all), but it's cool to find someone else around your level who plays one of the rarer characters.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:25 pm

Hmm yeah, I might give Lars a shot. Currently I use Lili, but I'm thinking of learning Law.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:30 pm

What they did to Law in T6 is ridiculous. He's a powerhouse now.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:38 pm

So I've been playing Tekken 6 on my PSP and so far my best characters are Miguel, Lars and Bob.

I have no opinion on Lars as a character but he plays very well.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:45 pm

Yeah, he's been one of my favorite characters since Tekken 1
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:51 pm

You got the PSP version Baal?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:52 pm

Until I decide to buy the PS3 version, yeah.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:03 pm

Lars as a character is about as generic as Alisa. Super strong secret love child with amnesia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today
Page 7 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 26  Next