Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Problems with Devil May Cry 2

Go down 
+2
Maskull
Baal
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:51 am

Bolverk and Sparda.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:54 am

yeah
would be cool
i wonder if sparda is gonna be in any of the later games
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:57 am

Dude that would ruin his Legacy. Sparda needs to stay unseen. I couldn't imagine the Dark Knight that defeated the King of Hell going "Like shooting monkeys in a barrel!"

NO thank you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:58 am

Well, that mah opinon, blah, blah, yatta yatta.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:00 am

never even imagined him with guns

i thought he lookd like dantes ddt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:00 am

Who said he needed a gun? Does Vergil use guns? They can easily make a game without Sparda using new age weapons, BALLZ.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:01 am

Vergil wrote:
The fact that Capcom took the easy way out and made this NON CANON. Instead of coming back with a good story.

No they didn't. I don't remember who it was, but someone from Capcom said that DMC2 is, in fact, canon, but it takes place in the distant future, well after DMC 1 & 4.

As evidenced by the installer video in DMC4. Something like "The last time Dante was seen he was riding a motorcycle into hell"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:03 am

OH SNAP! This is great news. Baal told me the story had been scrapped.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:06 am

The story was scrapped. They added that in because do you know how many people would go "Wasn't there a Devil May Cry 2? Why isn't that in there?"
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:06 am

Vergil wrote:
Who said he needed a gun? Does Vergil use guns? They can easily make a game without Sparda using new age weapons, BALLZ.

Spara did use guns. Luce and Umbra.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:08 am

if sparda was anywhere near as cool as despair embodied i'd be happy
i really enjoyed the two despair embodieds you had to fight simultaneously on DMD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:07 am

No. It's not scrapped if it's still part of the time line. It's kinda like him dying or something. "That was the last time he was seen." So, maybe he got trapped in hell forever and thats the end of the story. Since it's the end maybe that's why they keep pushing it to the end of the time line.

Last edited by Vergil on Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:08 am

But then again i could be wrong about them removing it from the canon. Fans just remove it because it was a huge failure.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

DevilKingBaal wrote:
The story was scrapped. They added that in because do you know how many people would go "Wasn't there a Devil May Cry 2? Why isn't that in there?"

It was in one of my game magazines, either the OPM or GameInformer. I don't remember which. I could look up the interview if you don't believe me. DMC 2 really is canon.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:09 am

Vergil wrote:
No. It's not scrapped if it's still part of the time line. It's kinda like him dying or something. "That was the last time he was seen." So, maybe he got trapped in hell forever and thats the end of the story. Since it's the end maybe that's why the keep pushing it to the end of the time line.

Well like I just said. i could be wrong. I haven't ever actually seen any sources proving this. It's just set FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR in the future.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:10 am

i thought it was meant to signify the end of the fight with the demons as he took the fight to them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:10 am

God damn baal. My ex was right. Now I look like a DERP.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Raziel wrote:
i thought it was meant to signify the end of the fight with the demons as he took the fight to them

No. Dante still fights them. Devils are just like humans. They are their own race.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:11 am

Vergil wrote:
SHouldn't you be happy? It is still canon after all.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:12 am

Vergil wrote:

whats a DERP?
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:12 am

DevilKingBaal wrote:
But then again i could be wrong about them removing it from the canon. Fans just remove it because it was a huge failure.

Yeah, that's what Capcom said.

[Magazine] Is DMC2 canon?

[Capcom] Yup. The fans just think it isn't, because they didn't like the game. ...We don't really like the game either, but we aren't technically supposed to say that. It IS canon, though. It just takes place in the distant future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:13 am

DevilKingBaal wrote:
Vergil wrote:

Not the point. That's last time I take your word for somethin. <_<
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:14 am

Raziel wrote:
Vergil wrote:

whats a DERP?

Ignorant person.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:14 am

Vergil wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
Vergil wrote:

Not the point. That's last time I take your word for somethin. <_<

;__;

I was wrong! I'm sorry! I'll never be wrong again!
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:15 am

Dirjel wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:

Yeah, that's what Capcom said.

[Magazine] Is DMC2 canon?

[Capcom] Yup. The fans just think it isn't, because they didn't like the game. ...We don't really like the game either, but we aren't technically supposed to say that. It IS canon, though. It just takes place in the distant future.

Well that's enough for me. But it's just set in the distant future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Problems with Devil May Cry 2   The Problems with Devil May Cry 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Problems with Devil May Cry 2
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next