Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moose watches Dexter.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches Dexter. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 10:11 pm

That sounds weird.

Season 7 Episode 9

Hmm, this is showing some cracks now. It seems like everything has been resolved. Isaac's dead, Dexter loves Hannah, Deb saved Hannah's life, she told Dexter she loved him and they kind of just got through it.

But then this episode started to set up another killer, with the burnings. That's just weird with only 3 episodes left. It has to related to the plot somehow, it can't just be a random thing. That would be pretty bad. I have no clue what it could be though.

For a moment it seemed like the show was setting up a choice between Hannah and Deb, because the big deal with Hannah is that Dexter doesn't have to hide anything from her. But he has that with Deb now too, and she loves him. Then I thought that even though I could imagine that happening I wouldn't really want it. It's not that fair on Deb. Not everything has to be about giving Dexter whatever he needs to feel happy or normal.

Disregarding the sibling relationship, Deb tolerates Dexter because she loves him, but it would be fucking stupid for them to be partners. She couldn't ever do that.

So, hats off, wild guess time. I don't think Hannah is going to be around forever, but I reckon she and Dexter will be together for a bit. She'll probably try to poison Deb or maybe Jamie and Dexter will kill her.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 3:36 am

Season 7 Episode 10

Oh, the arsonist was just a way for Dexter to realise his "dark passenger" wasn't real, and that he just likes killing people. Which is odd because I'm sure we've been over that plenty of times, and in better, much less blunt ways. I might be mistaken, but I remember the phrase "dark passenger" coming from Lila, in reference to addiction. Not from Dexter when he was a kid or whatever it was he said in this episode. I don't think it was ever mentioned in season 1 at least.

So it looks like the finale is going to be Dexter vs Deb with Hannah in the middle.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 5:57 am

In one of the novels it's revealed that the Dark Passenger is actually the god Moloch, who has existed since the dawn of time and has been possessing living things to make them kill each other since there was life on Earth. A cult devoted to Moloch kidnaps Cody and Astor (who Dexter is training to become serial killers) with the intention of using them as a blood sacrifice to rip Moloch out of Dexter and implant him in an avatar of their own choosing, the leader of the cult. Dexter has a knife fight with the cult leader (who has taken the name of Moloch) and is almost killed but Cody stabs Moloch to death and it's implied that he has his own evil murder spirit now too.

I stopped reading Dexter after that book.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 1:15 pm

Neo wrote:
In one of the novels it's revealed that the Dark Passenger is actually the god Moloch, who has existed since the dawn of time and has been possessing living things to make them kill each other since there was life on Earth. A cult devoted to Moloch kidnaps Cody and Astor (who Dexter is training to become serial killers) with the intention of using them as a blood sacrifice to rip Moloch out of Dexter and implant him in an avatar of their own choosing, the leader of the cult. Dexter has a knife fight with the cult leader (who has taken the name of Moloch) and is almost killed but Cody stabs Moloch to death and it's implied that he has his own evil murder spirit now too.

I stopped reading Dexter after that book.
Woah, really? You're not just taking the piss?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 4:12 pm

Unfortunately that is exactly what happens.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 4:21 pm

Well, shit. I guess at least that's something I can cross off my 'to read' list.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 4:57 pm

The first two books are pretty good, especially if you liked the series. Book 1 is somewhat similar to the first season of the show but you get a lot more internal monologue from Dexter (which I like) and the second is completely different. Just pretend 3 and onwards don't exist.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 7:08 pm

Season 7 Episode 12

Well well well. That was an interesting finale. Dexter got Hannah put in prison because she poisoned Deb, and then she escaped. So she's still on the loose going into season 8. For a moment I thought she didn't poison Deb because as she said, she could have just killed her. I thought maybe Deb and done it to herself to frame Hannah and get Dexter to leave her. Which would have been a bit crazy, sure, but it didn't happen so whatever.

Meanwhile LaGuerta set Dexter up by having the last person alive involved in his mother's murder released. Dexter walked right into that trap, almost got away with it by setting up LaGuerta for framing him, but then had to kill her because she found out he and Deb burned down the church.

Except he didn't kill her. Deb did. Didn't see that coming. When it came to that point I honestly didn't know what would happen. There's only one season left, they could have spun out either direction for that long. But she shot LaGuerta.

Not sure what to think about that. I assume Dexter made it look like his original plan but things are pretty fucked now. I don't think Deb is going to be able pretend nothing happened so easily. Oh man Dexter's going to coach her on acting normal or something isn't he.

Weird. It's a weird finale. Oh well, I don't have to wait to see what happens next. On we go, one more season left.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 11:00 pm

Season 8 Episode 1

Whaaaaaaaaat? Whhhaaaaaaaaaaatt?

Why do Dexter season openings always jump right into the middle of a story that hasn't been told? It's like when there was a whole season of Batista and LaGuerta getting together and then next season they were suddenly divorced.

...whatever, fine. Deb ran away from everything and got a job at a private firm. Dexter suddenly decides after two months to check up on her. Stuff happens, yada yada, I get it.

But some FBI expert (another one) turns up and she knows all about Dexter or something? Okay, time for another wild guess. Taking this season's reputation into account, what could the situation be here?

This woman has been working in this field and consulting on cases since Matthews was Captain. So she was around when Harry was a cop. She had drawings that Dexter did as a child. She knows about the code. So... I reckon the code was her idea. Harry realised there was something wrong with Dexter, went to her for help, and she being a crazy person came up with the code as some bizarre case study. She told Harry to raise Dexter a certain way because she wanted to see how he would turn out. It's all some whacked out experiment by her to create the most succesful serial killer ever for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 12:05 am

Season 8 Episode 2

Well, I guess she wasn't really trying to create a perfect killer or anything, but otherwise I was right on the money. She has does have some weird ideas about psychopaths and she did call Dexter perfect at the end. She's basically a fangirl.

Anyway she thinks she's being targeted by another serial killer (someone keeps leaving bits of brain on her doorstep) and she wants Dexter to kill them. She can't go to the police about it because... I'm not sure. Apparently she's done some slightly illegal research or therapy, or something like that. Either way she wants Dexter's help.

This is weird. On the plus side though, it could mean a decent mystery, uncovering the identity of the other killer. Not really since season 1 has there been a (almost) season long hunt exclusively from Dexter's perspective. I hope that's what happens anyway.

That reminds me, the cool thing about season 1 was that Dexter was enthralled by Brian's murders, like he was examining the work of a master and couldn't believe his luck.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 1:46 pm

Season 8 Episode 4

I don't even know what's happening in this season. Dexter has found the brain killer, it's some guy. He was a patient of Vogel's. Seems like a lot of her patients end up being serial killers.

Deb got better but then she tried to kill herself and Dexter. Some guy saved her and then she saved Dexter.

You know, everyone apparently forgot that Dexter was okay with Deb shooting him instead of LaGuerta. Vogel was going on about selfless love being impossible for Dexter and he didn't say "Hey, I would have been okay with Deb killing me because I never wanted her to be a part of this". Vogel was telling Deb that she was forced to do a terrible and Deb didn't say "Well actually LaGuerta was telling me that shooting Dexter was the right thing to do and he agreed".

They were both willing to make that sacrifice for each other. It's just in that specific situation only one of them could.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 8:08 pm

Season 8 Episode 5

I don't think that guy was the Brain Surgeon. Completely different styles. This guy kidnapped women and broke their toes. He didn't force other people to commit murder and cut people's brains open. Plus it's only 5 episodes in and he's already dead. No, the Brain Surgeon is still alive.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 9:06 pm

Season 8 Episode 6

This whole episode was about a kid called Zack that Dexter has decided to take under his wing. Seriously, it took this long for that to happen. It took them until the final half of the final season to have the idea that Dexter could teach another person the code.

And then Hannah showed up at the end. Where is this going? I get the feeling the creators found out this was going to be last season and thought "Shit, we'd better cram all the stuff we had planned for the next 4 seasons into this one".
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 2:42 pm

Season 8 Episode 8

Okay, so just as I was starting to like Zack he gets killed. By the Brain Surgeon. I knew he was still out there. But Zack was framed first, to make Dexter kill him. Only when that didn't work did he get his brain cut out. So the Brain Surgeon seems to have really intimate knowledge of Dexter's life. Hannah's probably going to get her brain scooped out next because Dexter asked her to stay instead of letting her leave.

So Dexter meets the inventor of the code, Dexter tries to teach someone else the code, the code is the focus this season. So the killer would be... Harry. That would certainly be as bad as everyone has suggested. So far this season hasn't been terrible. Better than 6 for sure. It would need one hell of a dumb twist to make it that bad, and Harry being the killer would be it. In the end he thought the code was a mistake, so he faked his death and vanished. He's come back know because Dexter has dragged Deb into it, and that's the one thing Harry never wanted to happen.

Oh, oh! His big reveal scene could be like one of Dexter's imaginary talks with him, only it's the real Harry, and Dexter doesn't realise at first. Now that would be the shit.

That's not going to happen though, and I'm going to be disappointed. It'll probably just be the bland kind of bad instead of the crazy stupid kind.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 3:41 pm

Season 8 Episode 9

Well of course that didn't happen.

The killer is Vogel's long lost son. Which is... good, I guess? Why didn't he just knock on her door and say "Hi, I'm your son"? He seemed happy enough to be with her at the end of this episode know that he knows she doesn't want Dexter to kill him anymore. But he started sending brains to her before she ever went to Dexter for help. If he has some ulterior motive and wants to kill her or something, he could have saved a lot of time and effort.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 12:36 am

The writers knew the show would end with season 8 before they started on season 7.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 1:34 am

Well they fucked that up then.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 3:20 pm

They're good at that.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 3:03 am

Season 8 Episode 12

Seen the whole thing now, and my main thought on the end is that it was completely redundant. Dexter tries tries to lead two lives, fucks it up, loses someone important, realises no one around him is safe. That the was season 4 ending. And it was done a lot better back then. Why bother doing it again?

I mean, I get it. Being alone and unhappy is the sacrifice he makes for his family to be safe, but it would have been better if he'd just died. Or if he'd gone with Hannah and Harrison. Or if Deb hadn't died. I guess they thought it would be wrong to give Dexter any kind of happy ending, but they already did the perfect sad ending halfway through the show.

Saxon was a pretty good villain, although it was kind of a repeat of the first season since they were "spiritual" brothers. Saxon killed his younger brother because their mother favoured him, and then he's mad at Dexter because she favoured him too. But it could have made good season on it's own without having to deal with the series finale at the end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moose watches Dexter.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3