Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moose watches 24

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:05 pm

Spoilers etc for the rest of the topic.

Season 1: 12:00am-1:00am

So this Jack Bauer bloke has a complicated life. He's some government agent who turned in some of his own people because they were dirty and he's also just moved back in with his wife and also has a daughter who has snuck out for the night. First impressions... he seems a bit mental. He's the kind of guy who will tranquilise and blackmail you if you know something he wants to know.

The whole plot with the daughter was a bore. Young girl and her friend sneak out to meet a couple of older guys, yadda yadda, something is obviously going to go wrong. Because it's not enough that Jack has to stop an assassination attempt on a presidential candidate, he also has to rescue his annoying daughter as well. I presume anyway. Everything happens in real time so only an hour has passed, but already the daughter's (I'll remember her name next time) has had sex and she's basically been kidnapped and dragged to a party she doesn't want to go to.

Plus she told one of the guys her dad was dead. Her email password is "lifesucks". I have seen nothing that justifies this attitude from her. She'd better be damn grateful when she gets saved from whatever trouble she's clearly going to get into.

Last edited by A_Nonny_Moose on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:35 pm

Kim Bauer is the worst thing about 24. Get used to her getting into trouble.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:21 am

Season 1: 1am-2am

Oh so now that she realises she's in trouble Kim's all "My dad's a government agent guys". She's been kidnapped or something, not exactly sure what's going on with her yet.

Meanwhile people are getting shot all over the place trying to get info on the inside man who helped set up the assassination. Apparently it's Nina, some woman Jack works with. I'm assuming they had an affair at some point going by what's been said.

At least it gives Jack someone to assault in the next episode though. He's already killed two hitmen and knocked out a senior director.

Still don't really know any characters well enough to like them yet. That woman who stole the ID for the assassin seems to be the most intriguing person so far, but I can't imagine she'll feature that heavily.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:10 am

Season 1: 2am - 3am

Well at least Kim actually did something and tried to escape. Even managed to phone for help. I dislike her a bit less now. The guys who kidnapped her are somehow involved with the guys behind the assassination.

Also turns out the information was just taken from Nina's computer, but Nina didn't actually do it. Jack's wife continued to sit around for the whole episode. But then hey, it's real time and she did say she was going to wait for her daughter to come back, so there's not much to be done about it. I'm awaiting a stretch of 4 or 5 episodes where one character is absent because they're sleeping.

The presidential candidate has some shady doings as well, talking to some guy about silencing accusations against his son and stuff.

I guess this show is going to be mainly about the plot with loads of twists and turns and top secret hoohaa rather than focusing on the characters too much. So let's take a few guesses. The obviously evil guy with the little beard could be a red herring, but the little beard is so twattish that I'm going to say he's the inside man.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:58 am

Season 1: 3am - 4am

Jack spent nearly the whole episode chasing down some guy in a warehouse. The guy eventually killed a cop, so he got arrested and Jack couldn't question him much, but the guy knows about Kim's kidnapping, so I'm guessing Jack will pay him a visit soon enough.

Things are starting to come together now though. I guess the assassin guys also kidnapped Bauer's daughter so they could make sure Bauer wouldn't interfere with the assassination. Something tells me it's not going to work.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:37 pm

Season 1: 4am - 5am

Jack ended up breaking that guy out of the police station because the guy was supposed to get a phone call and Jack needed to know what it was about. It lead to a man's body, but I don't know who it is yet. Can't think of anyone who's gone missing. I guess it could be unrelated but I doubt it.

Meanwhile that girl that Kim was with, Janet, has ended up in hospital. She got by a car while they were escaping and the two guys left her, assuming she was dead. But she's not, so that complicates things. Kim's mum and Janet's dad get there and wait. Janet's dad is totally hitting on Teri Bauer.

I'm hooked now. It feels like things are about to heat up.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:45 pm

Season 1: 5am - 6am

Jack finally makes time to get to the hospital and meet up with his wife. He explains that he thinks Kim has been kidnapped because of the assassination attempt on Palmer. He beefs up security at the hospital so no one can get to Janet because she can ID the guys who took Kim. And it seems to be working but HOLY SHIT JANET'S DAD IS A FAKE DAD AND HE'S REALLY A HITMAN AND HE KILLED JANET. That means the mystery body has to be Janet's real dad. It totally is.

I'm starting to like Kim, if only because Elisha Cuthbery is very pretty and her sweaty cleavage is prominently displayed 99% of the time she's screen. Damn. She's with Gaines now, the main bad guy.

Janet's fake dad is my favourite character now. It all makes sense. I thought he might have recognised his own daughter when they drove past them in the first episode, and I thought it was a bit odd he'd have a go at that police officer and nearly get arrested while they were on their way to find the girls, but now I get it. That's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:48 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
HOLY SHIT JANET'S DAD IS A FAKE DAD AND HE'S REALLY A HITMAN AND HE KILLED JANET.

This is the moment where you get hooked on the show.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:42 am

Season 1: 6am - 7am

Hooray for Teri for actually being pro-active and almost getting herself out of the kidnapping. On a side note fuck Jamie for being a traitor. No wonder she was always stalling with the keycard.

Slight hooray for Kim for almost escaping too, but she stopped because they brought her mother in so she decided to stay.

Did not for a moment believe Jack had actually killed Nina.

These terrorists or assassins or whatever don't seem particularly organised sometimes. I mean, did they think no one would notice the card was different after they were switched? I don't see how it wouldn't be obvious. And you'd think that since Jamie is working with them, and she was the person working on extracting data from the card, that it would have been better to get her to switch it somehow.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:33 am

Season 1: 7am - 8am

Well that was a packed episode. Nina got back into CTU undetected and got to Jamie, Bauer managed to stop the assassination attempt and Teri and Kim nearly got killed.

I'm surprised the assassination attempt came so early. There's still 16 episodes to go so I assumed it would come later. I guess it'll mostly be about rescuing Jack's family now. I very much doubt they'll die but I would exactly miss Kim. I like Teri though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 2:24 am

Season 1: 8am - 9am

I think Jamie's dead now, not that I care. I already didn't like her but then she went and killed herself and just made it worse. So selfish. Yeah, yeah, I get her line of thinking that if she's already dead Gaines has no reason to go after her son but still, I don't like her.

Jack's escape from secret service custody was a tad far-fetched, but his scenes with that waitress kind of made up for it. Then she went and told secret serivce where he was. Not that it seemed to make much difference because he still got out and got to the car.

Teri is one kickass mother.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:17 pm

Season 1: 9am - 10am

Jamey's definitely dead. Oh well. Teri managed to call Nina and get through to Jack, but she couldn't keep the call open long enough for it to be traced. The guy she stole the phone from realised it was gone and found it.

There's been this whole thing going on with Palmer about his son being accused of murder but I don't really care about it. Although I think it might be part of the reason for his assassination. We got to see the guy who hired the assassins and he said it was a personal matter for his family so I guess the boy that Palmer's son did/didn't kill was related to him or something.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:16 am

Season 1: 10am - 11am

Teri is so cool. I'm so glad she's there with Kim to actually get stuff done instead of moping around or waiting some boy to save her.

The assassination plan is starting to come together as well. The people behind were as much after Jack as they were Palmer, presumably because of something Jack did on a mission in Serbia. Still not clear why exactly they want Palmer dead as well, unless it's just a race thing. I guess the boy Keith killed isn't involved that much then. Palmer seems to know something about Jack too. Maybe his side of the show will end up being interesting after all.

Jack was pretty damn good this episode. Kidnapped some rich dude and managed to trap the guy who was pretending to be Janet's father. He's on his way to get his family now, although I somehow doubt the guy is giving him real directions.

The story is picking up and it feels like the climax is only a few episodes away, but I'm only halfway through. I wonder how it's going to continue on for that long without at least two more outlandish twists.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:55 am

Season 1: 11am - 12pm

Great episode. Jack got in and got his family back. Well almost, they're still in the middle of escaping, but Jack called in to CTU and back up should be on the way. They'll get out. Then Jack can go looking for the people responsible and we can find out more about this mission in Serbia.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:43 am

Season 1: 12pm - 1pm

Oh for fuck's sake Kimberly. You've been kidnapped, nearly raped, nearly killed at least 4 times, you've just been in a car chase and a shoot out and the guys chasing you are still out there, your father tells you to STAY DOWN and what's your response? "Oh come daddy there's no one around I have to go and see Rick so I'm just gonna walk out into the open oh no someone's shooting at me what a FUCKING SURPRISE I'M SUCH A DUMB TWAT".

Christ that was annoying. But otherwise another great episode. Jack got the drop on Gaines and killed him, so his whole operation is over with. Jack got his family back.

But the people behind it have their own backup plan which is now going into action. Another assassin is on the way to kill Palmer, Palmer continues with his boring presidential intrigue, and I assume Jack is going to have to kill some more people.

Other than that this could have been the finale and I'd have been happy.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 8:23 am

Jesus Henry, this show sounds far out. I'm almost tempted to watch it, even after reading this topic.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:37 am

Season 1: 1pm - 2pm

Since Gaines failed, Dresin (I assume that's how it's spelled, he's the guy the that wants Jack and Palmer dead) brought in his own people. Quickly too, they were at the hospital with Teri and Kim and almost had a chance to kill them. Nina caught on that something was wrong and moved them though.

Meanwhile Jack got arrested for all the crazy shit he did and Palmer did some digging on Jack. He found that Jack headed up a team on something called the "Dresin mission", which Palmer authorised, and Jack's whole team died. So Palmer thinks Jack wants to kill him because of that.

So this Dresin that's after Palmer and Jack chance wants revenge for this mission. Still don't know what it was but it explains why they want Palmer as well. A black guy running for president is under threat of assassination and it has nothing to do with him being black orhim running for president. Nice.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:40 am

Drazen
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:57 am

Noted.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 11:21 pm

Season 1: 2pm - 3pm

Since Palmer thinks he knows why Jack wants him dead, who goes to confront him about it. But they soon figure what's really going and that Drazen is targeting them both. I assume the Drazen that Jack killed was the father of the two Drazen brothers behind the plot, but what Jack didn't know was that Drazen's wife and daughter also died when they blew up Drazen's house (or whatever it was they blew up). So it really is personal.

So now that we pretty much know the whole story there's 8 more episodes for Jack to fin out exactly where these people are and kill them dead. Or at least arrest, but that would be disappointing.

Also Kim phoned Rick to make sure he was okay and she's going to stick up for him in interviews and such, because hey, her best friend is dead and she nearly got killed too and Rick was pretty heavily involved, but... I don't know. He helped them in the end I guess.

Kim just annoys me. Teri found out she was pregnant and Kim's reaction was "You didn't tell me you and dad were trying to have a baby? LIFE SUCKS!" and she stormed out. Luckily Teri's a great character and went after her and put her straight and then shut the door in her face.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 12:35 am

Season 1: 3pm - 4pm

It's getting silly now how these professional hitmen can infiltrate an FBI monitored hospital or a safehouse guarded by half a dozen counter-terrorism agents, and yet Teri and Kim still get away. They got into a car crash. Teri collapsed and got amnesia it seems, so she woke up and just walked away and got picked up by some friendly woman. Kim got left behind with the assassin still in the area looking for them.

Jack found out that one of the Drazen boys has been dating someone on Palmer's staff, and they're going to get her to plant a tracking device on him so they can follow him around. I doubt it will work out. I reckon she'll be dead by the end of the next episode.

Palmer's son also had this plot where he's trying to expose the murder of his therapist because he revealed a confession about the boy who raped his blah blah blah. Not interested. That's the downside of needing enough plot to show an entire day in real time.

Well, 2/3rds of a day anyway. I don't know how Americans put up with having 10 minutes of adverts for every 20 minutes of show. It's ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:59 am

Season 1: 4pm - 5pm

Well that didn't go down the way I expected. The woman freaked when Drazen told her he loved her, because she knew he was just playing her. She ignored all the instructions Jack gave her, grabbed a knife and stabbed Drazen.

Kim, rather intelligently, found a payphone and phoned CTU. But she couldn't speak to her dad or Nina so she threw a tantrum and phoned Rick. Because that's who you trust. You don't trust the counter-terrorism unit, you trust the boy who kidnapped you. Mind you, CTU are looking pretty incompetent right about now.

Amnesia is a such a weak plot device and it's so annoying that it's happening to Teri, who I liked. Now she's just bumbling around trying to remember stuff.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:05 am

Season 1: 5pm - 6pm

God damn it Kim. She's stuck in another bad situation at Rick's house because she was too dumb to just walk out right away. Teri still can't remember anything and I hate it. She ended up back at her own house but one of the hitmen is also there. Episode ended there so I don't know what happens but I very much doubt she'll die. Her escape will have to be pretty fucking implausible though.

Jack was off doing some meeting with someone Drazen was supposed to pay off. He ended up dead before they could get anything from him. Also some more family drama with Palmer.

This is the first episode where it felt like nothing really happened.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:57 am

Season 1: 6pm - 7pm

Again, not much happened. When Teri entered her house the alarm went off so the assassin backed away, and of course she didn't know the password so the police showed up. When the assassin finally bothered to try to kill her Tony from CTU was there to save her. Looks like she got her memory back though.

Kim got caught up in a drug deal but it was actually a bust so she got arrested. Which is great. She should be safe. All 3 of the known assassin's are dead now, although there's a still a mystery guy out there.

Jack wasn't up to much but I think he's getting closer to finding Andre Drazen who appears to be the one in control of everything.

The whole amnesia/Kim going to Rick's house bit just feels like filler to me. I wouldn't have cared if the family were just safe and not heavily featured for the rest of the season, but for some reason they had to have stuff to do. Again, it's pretty hard to show a day in real time and have it all be interesting.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 3:59 am

Season 1: 7pm - 8pm

Jack's story finally picked up again. Wandering around a field he discovered a top secret prison facility. Alexei Drazen had paid someone to cut the power to the prison at 7:20. That's the time when a mystery prisoner was supposed to arrive. But Jack had already made sure that wouldn't happen, so the prisonder arrived and Andre Drazen and his team couldn't do anything.

The prisoner is Dennis Hopper. Well, it's Victor Drazen, but his accent is so silly it's hard to not to just see Dennis Hopper. Jack thought he had killed Victor two years ago, but he hadn't, so his sons are trying to break him out of jail and get revenge for their mother and sister.

Teri and Kim didn't get up to much. Teri's waiting at CTU and Kim is at the police station. Not sure why they're still involved to be honest. I wouldn't have minded if they had just been safe for the rest of the season after being rescued.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moose watches 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches 24   Moose watches 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moose watches 24
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next