Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moose watches Dexter.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 11:42 pm

Season 4 Episode 7

It just occured to me that Dexter is literally stalling for time on the Trinity thing. He knows who he is and wanted to kill him for shooting Deb, but he's just stalling to draw the season out. That's the writers needing to get 12 episodesn out of a story so the character says "No, I won't do that yet". I mean that's the finale, right? Dexter and Trinity head to head? It could have happened already.

I know he wants to learn from him and they have good scenes together, but it feels weird.

Also he killed an innocent man, which is apparently a big deal, despite not being that big a deal last season with Oscar. It's kind of different because Oscar started the fight, and he went through the whole ritual with this Farrow guy, but eh... I suppose the point is his family is taking up so much of his time that didn't bother properly investigating his victim. He needed to kill someone and didn't follow the code very well.

Showing that wouldn't go amiss, you know? I don't think it's been mentioned since season 1 that he has an urge or impulse that he can't fully control. Seems like now he kills people because he's gotten used to it. Like it's a hobby, rather than a compulsion. It would be neat to have him go for ages without killing someone and see what effect that has on him, because so far when something interrupts his killing he just gets a bit peeved.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 1:25 am

Season 4 Episode 9

Oooh dang, Arthut is that reporter's father? Didn't see that coming. So she's probably the one that shot Deb and Lundy.

Good episode. Dexter seeing how his family could end up, how he could end up. The previous one was good too, with Arthur revealing his past. Again though I wish their relationship was different somehow. I dunno, Dexter befriending another serial killer to understand his family life and possibly learn from him is great idea. I just wish his own family wasn't completely seperate from it, or that Arthur knew more about Dexter, or something. Something extra.

I can see what they're going for, that Dexter is lying to and isolating his family even more by trying to learn how to be a good family man from another killer. I think it's because how his actions and decisions will affect his family is such a long term thing that it feels a little empty. Like what he learns about Arthur isn't going to have any serious immediate impact on his own family. So while it's a good story for Dexter everyone is a bit flat, when it feels like they should really important.

Maybe that's just me though. Like I said it's a good story for Dexter.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 3:22 am

Season 4 Episode 11

This is getting good. Love a good cat and mouse game. Episode 10, with the little, was practically an episode of Arthur, which could be a cool show on it's own. And now the back and forth between Dexter and Arthur, Arthur finally finding out who Dexter is, this is what I like.

Still a bit bothered about Dexter's need to get Arthur himself. It should have more emphasis. Less time spent elaborating his plans to set up a decoy for the police, more time spent on why it's important to Dexter that this guy die rather than go to prison for life.

I mean with Arthur we see him relive his past through his victims. There's a really vivid sense of why he's doing it. I don't get that from Dexter. He's passionate when someone else is involved, when he has to save someone from Arthur, but not when it comes to actually killing him. It's something he decided to do and he's just following through. Feels like it should be more personal.

It's probably about to become personal though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 3:32 am

Season 4 Episode 12

Okay, so. What is it with shows killing a character in the final minute of the final episode? It's not fair damn it! 24 was the first show that got to me that way, and more recently the Hannibal season 2 finale tore me up. This wasn't quite on that scale, but still. Damn.

Overall it was a good season. The Trinity Killer was a good enough character to carry a whole season, but still I think it could have been better. Like season 3, I don't think it reached it's full potential.

So far, seasons 1 and 2 are equal. Although S1 stands on it's own while S2 is really a compliment to S1. At it's best season 4 was as good, but there were some rough patches. Season 3 was mostly rough patches, but still good.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 3:32 am

Season 5 Episode 2

Awww, sad Dexter is so sad. But it looks like after 2 good episodes to deal with the fallout, and getting the kids out of the way, we're on track and back to the killing.

Thinking about what people said, stopping at season 4 would paint an interesting picture of Dexter. Season 1 tells the story of a killer and ends with the slight redemption that Dexter does care for his sister. She's not a shield or part of his act, but she's his family.

Season 2 builds on that with Dexter's love life, and Rita stops being part of his act. If it ended it there it would be a story of emotional growth. Dexter was shaped by this horrible thing that happened, and his entire upbringing, but he's able to step out of it. He can choose how he lives and really connect with another person who doesn't share, accept, or even know about his secret. This can have a real family, and can have a real love.

Season 3 asks if he can have a real friend, and the answer is pretty much no, he can't. Which is my problem with it looking back. Season 1 and 2 have that choice between between the "real" Dexter that this one other person sees, and the "fake" Dexter that the rest of the world sees. It was a question raised a couple times in the flashbacks. Dexter asked Harry if he faked it enough, would he eventually feel it for real? Seasons 1 and 2 say yes, season 3 says no. There wasn't that other character, the fake friend that Dexter chooses to be his real friend in the end. You could say that pattern would have gotten old, or that with a lack of a good friend during season 1 and 2 to take on that role in would have come out of nowhere, but that's what would have made season 3 work.

So season 3 stalls Dexter's growth a bit, or rather the story of his emotional growth and the story of his killer side aren't connected that well. It's a shame because it would have made season 3 better, and it would have made season 4 better too. Because season 4 says that while Dexter is capable of having these real relationships, he really shouldn't. His dark passenger will always be there and there will always be consequences. If season 3 had continued to build Dexter up in the same way as the first 2 seasons it would have all the more devastating when season 4 tore it all down.

If the show ended with season 1 or 2, it would be kind of hopeful. But if it ended with season 4 it would one huge tragedy. Maybe it'll be a huge tragedy anyway, just in a bad way, judging by what people have said.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 10:09 pm

Season 5 Episode 4

Okay... Not sure where this is going. Dexter inadvertantly rescued this girl. Is he going to kill everyone who hurt her now? That seemed to be the implication at the end of the episode. That can't be right.

The cult beheadings haven't really developed yet. Maybe it'll be like season 3 where it connects right at the end.

On a side note, Mrs. S is probably the best babysitter you could get.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 10:56 pm

Season 5 episode 6

Right, so Dexter is helping Lumen hunt down and kill the people who imprisoned and raped her. This is odd. It's like all the good stories have been told and now it's just a random adventure of Dexter. Always nice to see Julia Stiles though. Like Lithgow she keeps popping up in stuff and she's always good.

But really not much is happening. The beheadings have gone nowhere since episode 1. The show is 50% relationship drama for all the supporting cast at the moment.

I don't think I've mentioned at all so far but I would like to take a moment to appreciate Vince Masuka.

https://i.imgur.com/RhjrImP.gif
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 10:56 pm

Season 5 Episode 8

What is happening in this show right now? Dexter killed that Cole guy, and now he wants to "take down" Jordan Chase, and Lumen is going make him "whole" again. What the fuck? I hope this is just Dexter's equivalent of PTS or something. I don't like how similar Lumen is to Rita either, with the rape backstory. It was different circumstances, but the reason Dexter stayed with Rita initially was because she was "damaged". Which made it easier for him to keep the relationship going without having to take it to the next level, to keep up the pretense that he's a normal guy who has relationships. And now another "damaged" girl pops into his life... Maybe that will be played up, maybe that's why he's so invested, I dunno.

Is anything ever going to happen with the beheadings? Is it just a random adventure of Deb, unrelated but happening alongside Dexter's random adventure? She killed one of the guys, nothing really happened.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 12:07 am

Season 5 Episode 9

I liked that episode. It felt like a continuation of the story I've been watching for 4 seasons. It was nice to see Dexter being a dad. I did feel it was a bit cheap to get Astor and Cody out the picture so quickly so the plot could kick off, even though it was handled well.

This whole thing with Quinn and Robocop investigating Dexter might finally begin paying off, which could be interesting.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 10:35 pm

Season 5 Episode 10

Oh good God that was hilarious. Dexter bought Lumen some murder gloves and he looked like he was about the orgasm watching her put them on. Then she picked her own murder outfit and he nearly fainted. Then they had post-murder sex.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 12:33 am

Season 5 Episode 12

Well. Well. Jonny Lee Miller was really great in his last scene. He should have had the chance to do that more often. You know, there were some really neat ideas in this season. A motivational speaker serial killer who's proud of his victim for taking control and taking revenge. That's great. But it was so long before that angle came in to play, and they only had that one scene all together. The fact that he'd manipulated his first victim into helping and even believing in him was also great, and really creepy. But there were too few scenes of that too.

A person who makes a connection with Dexter through their need to kill, but for them it's just revenge, and when the revenge is over they have to break that connection. That's great too. It just shouldn't have been someone similar to Rita immediately after Rita died. I don't think Dexter should have been so into it either. He was much more emotional in this season. A number of times with Lumen he looked like he was about to cry just talking to her. It was weird. It was a nice touch that he would feel for her pulse when they got close though.

I suppose he was on the rebound. Deb pointing that out good. In the end maybe it just shows how human he is. But I'm still not a fan.

But what the season really didn't need is a cult beheading plot that went absolutely fucking nowhere. Seriously. Even in season 1 I wasn't too keen on the stories with the rest of the station, but this is first time that it was blatantly filler. 7 or 8 episodes of worthless filler. You could cut out so much of this season without losing anything of importance. Robocop spying on Dexter can go too. Cut out the fat, add in some more stuff with Jordan Chase, and you could have a cool 4-6 episode mini series. Or a film even.

There were glimpses of how silly the show could be as well, which could be the way things are going. Don't think I've seen people rank the bad seasons, so whether season 6 is better or worse, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 6:36 pm

Season 6 and 8 are the worst. 5 is a little above them.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 9:45 pm

Season 6 Episode 3

I think I'm going to find this really boring. That old guy and young guy who are killing people have an interesting dynamic, I'd like to find out more about that. But religion is just uninteresting as a motivation.

The set up with the horses at the end of the episode seems way too out there for this show. That would be fit right in in Hannibal.

I liked the Tooth Fairy. Neat idea for Dexter to track down an old serial killer that he idolized and discover he's just an old fart who was never that good. Never meet your heroes, as they say. Probably could have worked as a bigger story, but it was alright as it was.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 1:20 am

Season 6 Episode 5

I am finding this boring.

I did like the scene with Dexter and Travis though. It played well, and it could provide an interesting template for the rest of the season. Having Dexter be a counter point to Geller, and having them both pulling Travis in different directions. Geller with God on his side, urging Travis to do horrible things, and Dexter the serial killer, urging Travis not to. Like in cartoons, when a devil and angel would appear and tell the character what to do. Only in this case you don't know which is which.

Well, we would know. But for Travis it would be more complicated. Maybe in the end Travis turns on Geller and puts his faith in Dexter with the same fervour and devotion, which would have it's own problems.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 7:45 pm

Season 6 Episode 8

I'm getting a strong "Is this it?" vibe from this season. It's a bit all over the place. Dexter went to Nebraska, the Doomsday Killer is very slowly doing his thing, Deb is pissed off about stuff. Quite a lot is happening but it feels like nothing is happening.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 12:19 am

Season 6 Episode 12

God damn finally Deb knows. Also what the fuck, she's in love with Dexter? That's fucking dumb.

Anyway in conclusion, yeah, it wasn't very good. Not terrible, mostly just boring, but it did some stupid stuff to the characters. As well as Deb there was Quinn, who acted like a dumbass for the entire season. And I don't think religion fits the show's style. The crime scenes were really bizarre, like I said more similar to Hannibal than Dexter. And Dexter shouldn't talk about light and dark and balance. I could never take that seriously. His little spree in Nebraska was odd too. An odd season all round.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 2:09 am

I'm shocked you hadn't figured the twist out earlier.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 3:13 am

I wasn't thinking about it, just rushing through it mostly. Plus it would have been better without the twist, so I was thinking more about Dexter and Geller meeting.

I started watching season 7 because I was excited to see how Dexter dealt with Deb walking in on him, but he started immediately with the temporary insanity thing and I lost interest. I'll pick it up again in the next few days, but I really wanted Deb to just know everything.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:37 pm

Season 7 Episode 2

I was really disappointed at the beginning of the first episode, when it seemed like Dexter might be able to explain it all away. But then I figured they were going to take it slow and have Deb piece it together over a few episodes, or maybe most of the season. But then at the end of the episode she finds out everything anyway. So, kind of a waste of time.

Of course after how episode 1 ended I had to watch episode 2 straight away, and... You know, even though I really wanted Deb to find out, I'm not sure what I wanted to happen after that. But not this. It takes her one night to pretty much get over it, and she decides to help Dexter never kill again. What I was really looking forward to was just the discovery, which was kind of rushed.

This guy who doesn't like Dexter because Dexter dissed his videogame is dumb, for now. I assume it will progress. The Eastern European mob thing with Viktor is dumb too. Much like season 6 these don't feel like Dexter plots.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 3:58 pm

Season 7 Episode 3

Louis is dead already. He really was just some guy who was annoyed that Dexter didn't like his game. How weird.

I liked the episode though. Dexter trying to talk Deb through his process and explain what he does is more like what I wanted. And her realising that even if he only kills bad guys he still does it because he likes it.

There's still a lot she doesn't know as well. She doesn't know that he's messed with investigations so he can get the killer before the cops do. She doesn't know his involvement with Trinity, or with Lumen. Dexter should have brought up Lumen really, might have helped.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 2:19 am

Season 7 Episode 6

Huh, all the stuff I mentioned is coming to light. Deb found out that Dexter has interfered with investigations, and she found out about Lumen. LaGuerta's nibbling away at the Butcher thing, no idea how that's going to resolve itself.

This Hannah character makes a hell of a lot more sense as a partner for Dexter than Lumen did, and enough time has passed since Rita died. It's a weird relationship but I like it. He almost killed her but they ended up fucking on the table. I was sure I recognised her too. For a second I thought it was Olivia Wilde but after looking her up it's Kate from 24. Also nice to see Victor from Dollhouse playing Viktor in this, even if he dies right away.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 2:59 am

You should watch Chuck when you're done with this.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 3:20 am

Chuck's one of those shows I've heard of but have no idea what it's about. Literally nothing.

Season 7 Episode 7

Ohohoho that's great. Have Deb discover Dexter's secret, have her struggle with it, come to an understanding of it, and then push her to the point where she asks Dexter to kill someone. And to top it all off it's someone that Dexter doesn't want to kill, despite it fitting his code.

I didn't like Dexter questioning if he was in love, if he was capable of it, etc. We've been through that. He loved Rita. As far as I'm concerned he did anyway. Sure he had to hide his secret from her but if it comes out now that he never really loved her that would be shit. He had to work hard to love Rita, but that made it special. Not like every other woman he's been into where it's just "This chick knows my secret and is still into me, is this love?". Oooh I'm gonna be mad if that happens.

The European gangsters really don't fit into this plot very well. They're both quite big plots, it should be one or the other, not both. Especially when the other one is much better.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 7:38 am

Kaio wrote:
You should watch Chuck when you're done with this.

That'll be fun for the first two seasons only.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 2:38 pm

It's about a guy who's implanted with a device that gives him all of the CIA and NSA's secrets. It's a nerdy action show. And it stars Yvonne Strahotski.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Dexter.   Moose watches Dexter. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moose watches Dexter.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next