Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon Ball Xenoverse

Go down 
+3
Golden Boy
SimianWonder
Talking Sock
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 3:57 pm

Wait, I forgot there are some that can be bought in the skill shop. Chain Destructo Disk Barrage is one of the really good ones and can be gotten there. All the other super good ones are from mentors and rare PQ drops, though.

One super good one would be Death Ball, and is gotten in the PQ "Earth in Danger." It only drops if you get an Ultimate Finish, so you gotta make sure to defeat all the grunts(like Saibamen and Freeza soldiers) before taking on the major foes, as the requirement for getting the UF fights is to beat everyone and not let those weak dudes run away.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 5:07 pm

OMG I beat Vegeta. Final Flash is mine.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 5:13 pm

So if I make another character, will he have access to the items and skills/Z-souls I've already unlocked? Will I've to unlock PQs and play story mode again?
Also, PQ 52 is absolutely crazy. Super easy and I went from level 66 to 80 in 30 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 5:37 pm

Oh my god, even the mentors that appear are random generated.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 5:44 pm

Golden Boy wrote:
So if I make another character, will he have access to the items and skills/Z-souls I've already unlocked? Will I've to unlock PQs and play story mode again?
Also, PQ 52 is absolutely crazy. Super easy and I went from level 66 to 80 in 30 minutes.

Everything carries over except for your guy's level.

Also, I realized I was mistaken on the secret ending. Apparently, the one I got where Schmohawk wins through the power of animu friendship WAS the secret one, and the other's just Goku butting in on your shining moment.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 6:55 pm

You guys are all waaaaay ahead of me in terms of progress. I've only just beaten the Cell arc (involving much kiting and spamming of basic ki blasts to not get two-shotted) and PQs I've only unlocked up to and including the later three star and early four star quests, and those are too tough for my poor level 23 Simihan to handle.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 7:23 pm

You should grind for Deathball and the Z-soul that provides infinite ki. It's Xenoverse's "Gjallarhorn".
If you want to level up fast, Sora or I could take you to PQ 52 for some power-leveling.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 7:35 pm

I haven't spent much time yet looking up what Z-souls I "should" be using. I'd rather just have fun with the game first time around, though that said I have done a couple of PQs using Cell-arc Gohan - at Super Saiyan 2, naturally - and he absolutely wrecked everything. He's so much stronger than my character, I really need to get in on some SSj action.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 7:44 pm

I'm lvl 33 but I'm only at the Majin Buu saga myself. There's a battle where you have to fight a billion Fat Buus. Not fun.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 8:24 pm

I got the Scum drop on the second try. Yay.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 10:12 pm

I've spent 2 hours grinding PQ22 for the Death Ball. I hate RNG!
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 11:04 pm

I got the drop Vegeta wanted, "Strongest on Earth", which he turned into something else that gave a pretty nice boost to my ki-based supers. He then wanted to fight, which I was happy to do. Almost beat him too, at least until he went Super Saiyan 2 with an enormous health bar and beat me in a single melee combo.

Progressed through the story slightly, and got the part Kai was talking about earlier, where you get bumrushed my Fat Buus. What was annoying was that my Ultimate Move, Weekend, is a blast move that can be avoided by standing directly in front of me when I use it. Ergo, if Buu is at melee range, he often avoids it entirely simply be virtue of being right in my face. As it was, SSJ3 Goku took out all three of the regular Buus before the mini-Buus swarmed me. At this stage, I had no health left so died pretty rapidly.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 11:26 pm

Do what I did and get the Scum Z-Soul from PQ 16. If you don't get a notice that you got an item during the fight with 1st form Freeza, you should restart.

What it does is give you infinite ki once you die. So once that happens go SSJ (and heal a little) and constantly spam your supers and ultimates. I got through it pretty quickly (and the second half of the Buu saga is much easier thanks to Mystic Gohan's ridiculous stats).

Also, one thing I almost find as annoying as RNG is the CPU enemy's ability to use non-stop ultimates and that super explosive wave thing that does stupid amounts of damage to my ally CPU (and myself, but I can use healing items).
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 1:43 am

I didn't get the secret ending. ;_;
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 6:23 am

Golden Boy wrote:
I've spent 2 hours grinding PQ22 for the Death Ball. I hate RNG!

Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 11:07 am

Does the rank have anything to do with triggering the bonus fights in PQs and getting the drops? I noticed that when I kill my enemies in one combo I get a D or C and the special event won't happen. On the other hand, when I pick Ult. Gohan and spam Super Kamehamehas, I usually get an A or S and the PQ continues.
Even the ranking system favors ki blast super/ultimate spamming.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 11:38 am

Possibly, but I think the only thing you get with a higher rank is just a better score and more EXP. I wish having a high rank would increase the drop rate or something. 'Nothin' more annoying that Z ranking some tough ass Ultimate Finish and getting NUTHANG.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 1:42 pm

The Beerus arc made me realise he's one of the best DBZ characters (even though his movie sucked).

Have you guys found a way yet to quickly level the mentor friendship bar?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 1:52 pm

I've read that spamming their moves, picking them twice as CPU partners in PQs and getting high ranks/ playing the harder missions speeds up the process. You can check your progress at the Play Data log.
I was caught by surprise when a mentor asked me to spar with him after I had completed his training; I got a different soul from winning that fight. Also, I've heard that if you use the ultimate attack of your current mentor in a fight, he'll join and boost the attack or something. You also receive extra score from this.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 2:03 pm

I'm currently leveling mentor levels in the 5 minute Freeza fight. It's really short and there's a chance a time patroller shows up after.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 2:03 pm

Golden Boy wrote:
I've read that spamming their moves, picking them twice as CPU partners in PQs and getting high ranks/ playing the harder missions speeds up the process. You can check your progress at the Play Data log.
I was caught by surprise when a mentor asked me to spar with him after I had completed his training; I got a different soul from winning that fight. Also, I've heard that if you use the ultimate attack of your current mentor in a fight, he'll join and boost the attack or something. You also receive extra score from this.

Yeah, it's called Z-assist.

I am saving Perfect Cell for last, as he would totally give me a hug if that was something he did.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 3:40 pm

I'm so sick of the fucking RNG. I have like five Scums but I haven't been able to get to the UF a single time.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 3:40 pm

I'm so sick of the fucking RNG. I have like five Scums but I haven't been able to get to the UF a single time.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 7:47 pm

The Bardock mission is utterly retarded. He's too fucking stupid to get the mission done.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 8:15 pm

Kaio wrote:
Do what I did and get the Scum Z-Soul from PQ 16. If you don't get a notice that you got an item during the fight with 1st form Freeza, you should restart.

What it does is give you infinite ki once you die. So once that happens go SSJ (and heal a little) and constantly spam your supers and ultimates. I got through it pretty quickly (and the second half of the Buu saga is much easier thanks to Mystic Gohan's ridiculous stats).

Also, one thing I almost find as annoying as RNG is the CPU enemy's ability to use non-stop ultimates and that super explosive wave thing that does stupid amounts of damage to my ally CPU (and myself, but I can use healing items).

Did this to take down Vegeta in my mentor training. SSj2 Vegeta is super aggressive, so I used the Fighting Bomber from Recoome to beat him. And by used, I do mean spammed non-stop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next