Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon Ball Xenoverse

Go down 
+3
Golden Boy
SimianWonder
Talking Sock
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 10:40 pm

So, how the **** do you get the bonus event to proc on PQ25? I've done it at least a dozen times today, kept Vegeta and Piccolo alive on all but one of them, utterly murdered #17 and #18 yet cannot get it to happen. Infuriating.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 10:14 am

Keep Vegie and Pickle alive till it finally works.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 7:15 pm

I love spamming ultimate moves with my new character. I think Death Ball is my favorite so far; fast start-up, full invincibility, hits behind my character, ridiculous tracking and very high damage.
I should find a new Z-soul to use though since scum will be nerfed.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 8:54 pm

Still don't have Death Ball but Buu's Super Vanishing Ball is pretty similar. The start up is a bit longer, but it hits really hard, has good tracking and has a wide AoE, often hitting two or three targets at the same time. It's not the hardest hitting Ultimate I've seen, that honour going to Recoome's Ultra Fighting Bomber, which obviously has a far shorter range but can comfortably do 1/2 a full bar of damage if the enemy takes the full brunt of it. Perfect Kamehameha is extremely powerful as well, it's just easy to dodge at long range.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 9:24 pm

Death Ball also hits for half a full bar and it combos into itself again. However I'm using the 4-star costume and my character is a tiny female Saiyan, which also buff significantly the ki blast damage.
It took me a few hours of grinding the ball, but it was totally worth it; Freeza drops it in the UF fight of PQ 22 (if you don't see the "you got a skill" message, retry the mission, unless you are also missing Cell's drain skill). I actually think I've gotten most skills at this point as the mentors comment on the number of skills I've gathered.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 9:41 pm

Just got a Dragon Ball from PQ22 as well, so farming it may be well worth the effort, even if I can't get Death Ball to drop.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 12:18 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
It's not the hardest hitting Ultimate I've seen, that honour going to Recoome's Ultra Fighting Bomber

What about those Giant Storms I was using in the PQs yesterday? That move is glorious! And Kamicollo users never see it comin'...
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 3:58 pm

Picture time.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 4:01 pm

Giant Storm whiffs too often though. I tried Supernova with Freeza as my master too and even though the damage was great, it also regularly missed due to no tracking.
Btw, was the ultimate you were looking for Prelude to Destruction, Dora? Whis dropped when we did the mission together, but it's just a super. It's the crappy finger laser I was spamming in the last game.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 4:06 pm

How did you take these pictures? Your characters look great, especially Luke and Ronald. I need to step up my customization game.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 4:15 pm

Golden Boy wrote:
Giant Storm whiffs too often though. I tried Supernova with Freeza as my master too and even though the damage was great, it also regularly missed due to no tracking.
Btw, was the ultimate you were looking for Prelude to Destruction, Dora? Whis dropped when we did the mission together, but it's just a super. It's the crappy finger laser I was spamming in the last game.

Oh well, I still want it anyway. He didn't drop it for me, so I'll get it next time.

Also, if you keep saying Dora, I WILL make a Majin CAC to look like her and haunt your nightmares forever, mark my words.

Actually, I think I'll do it next time I play, anyway. While it's not exactly her hair style, maybe I can still pull it off with a Mr. Satan wig.

Quote :
How did you take these pictures? Your characters look great, especially Luke and Ronald. I need to step up my customization game.

I may have been friendly towards this Luke character that day, but if we meet again, I shall destroy him for copying me.

And you take pictures with the Share button.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 4:29 pm

If you manage to make Dora, I'll make Diego.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 8:00 pm

I've still only got Simihan at the moment, though his wardrobe is vast and varied; I've filled the preset slots with everything from his trademark orange gi, through to the student blazer, and the android-esque Pilot suit.  I'll try and get some pics up later.

Spent a couple of hours farming Death Ball last night, and it just will not drop. I've gotten a Z-Soul from Ginyu five times, and gotten three more Dragon Balls in that time, but Freeze resolutely will not drop it. Incidentally, which Freeza does it drop from? You fight him twice in the regular quest and once more if the extra event procs.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 8:14 pm

PQ's 22 Ultimate Finish Freeza and Cell drop skills. If you don't see the message when you beat them, you didn't get the skill. UF drops are the worst as you're at the mercy of double RNG (triggering the extended fight and getting the reward). It's better to grind those online as your AI teammates are worthless and the PQs take longer to complete.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 11:40 am

Kamiccolo's nerf was too drastic. It's no longer useful for 1vs2 or 3 situations or for dealing with enemies that have super armor. I like the +3 to every stat though, so I'll probably continue using it and rely on items for healing.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 12:03 pm

"Bwahaha... thanks for the energy" seems to be good for all regen needs. Well, until they nerf it back to normal after realizing it ruins pvp even worse than Kamicollo did.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:37 pm

Did they fix the servers? I haven't encountered any connection problems today.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:45 pm

"Have you heard of me? Super Saiyan God Goku?"

Lord, what a dickhole.

Golden Boy wrote:
Did they fix the servers? I haven't encountered any connection problems today.

Seems like it.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 4:18 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t8aF9sII4o&list=PLPoe991QpdP89R89aVd8SKJ2DR1aLM3AS&index=62

Aw, so it seems Nuova and Eis Shenron will actually be for DLC pack 2, which will probably contain the end of the GT story mode.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 6:08 pm

When are they going to fix Bwawawa? I played some PvP matches and a lot of people abused it so many matches ended with a draw. In order to win, I had to throw a Death Ball 10 seconds before time ran out.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 8:26 pm

I believe the PC version has already been patched, so given how long it took PS4 to get the last patch, it'll likely be within the week.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 10:45 pm

In keeping with my tendency to make the same CaCs in every game ever, and given my recent re-reading of the DBD fanfic, I spent some time today making, in no particular order, Kaiolino, Kuriri, Kaiser and Torn.  I don't have any pictres yet, will get them up soon, but one thing I did note was that the size scale is different for each race.  Kuriri is a female earthling, and she's tiny.  I ended up deleting her, and maxing her height which brings her level with Kaiolino and Simihan, who are on notch two out of four in the height scale.  Both Kaiser (Freeza race) and Torn (Namek, duh) are maxed height, but Torn is at least half as tall again as Kaiser.  With Piccolo my current mentor, he's at least a head taller than Kaiser, so it's something I'm reminded of everytime I finish a PQ and get pushed back to the statue area.

It's an odd design choice as I don't remember nameks being noted as particularly tall.  Sure, Piccolo is taller than Goku, Vegeta et al, but he's notably shorter than the likes of Nappa, Cell, Dabura and any form of Buu bar Kid.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 12:03 am

Golden Boy wrote:
When are they going to fix Bwawawa? I played some PvP matches and a lot of people abused it so many matches ended with a draw. In order to win, I had to throw a Death Ball 10 seconds before time ran out.

Word is the patch will be in this Tuesday(US time, probably).

I'm gonna kinda miss those hilarious moments where you successfully nick off a bit of their health, and they're suddenly scrambling to deal some damage during the last few seconds and you're just dashing around like it ain't no thang.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 12:26 am

Yeah, it was fun trolling Bwahaha users, but I can't wait to use Ultimate Gohan once it's fixed.
So which soul(s) are you guys currently using/ will use after the nerf? I was thinking of Vegeto or Broly's soul for my melee character and the Super Saiyan bargain sale for ki blast spamming.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 12:46 am

I'll be going back to "I am... Super Vegeta!"

That + Super Vegeta 1 has a slightly higher damage boost than Bargain Sale + SV2 and retains the slower drain since it's SV1. I'd also like to finally check if it really boosts Vegeta-based moves like some have claimed. Never equipped any to see when using that soul.

If it didn't take ages to start up, I would be using "This isn't a game you know," as the damage boost to your blast supers and ults is great. It's the soul I generally use when we're grinding for stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next