Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon Ball Xenoverse

Go down 
+3
Golden Boy
SimianWonder
Talking Sock
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 4:21 pm

Yeah, Piccolo's and Vegeta's came in handy for me later on. Although, during the post-game, you'll obviously want to start branching out for all the little interesting z-souls you can earn/mix that can prove more fruitful in the long run.

Golden Boy wrote:
Also, fuck Hercule's PQ. I've done it over 10 times and the extra boss won't appear.

Which PQ number is that one? I can check its Ultimate Finish conditions for you if something's missing.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 4:48 pm

iIRC, it's 17. The one where you fight Krillin, Yamcha, Yien and Vegeta with Mr. Satan.
Also, I hired a level 70 CPU to help me and it still sucked.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 4:53 pm

lol I already quit Piccolo after one mission. I needed more blasts.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 5:19 pm

Golden Boy wrote:
iIRC, it's 17. The one where you fight Krillin, Yamcha, Yien and Vegeta with Mr. Satan.
Also, I hired a level 70 CPU to help me and it still sucked.

Oh yeah, you'll need to be blast heavy on that one to ensure Mr. Satan stays above 50% of his health for that Ultimate Finish to pop up. If you want, I can assist you tomorrow, if you feel you can do without getting that Ultimate Finish and reaping whatever reward you're looking for till later.

Kaio wrote:
lol I already quit Piccolo after one mission. I needed more blasts.

If you mean quitting Piccolo's mentorship, he actually gives you some decent moves. Evil Explosion was a tech that took me a long way through story mode.

Also, I forgot to mention before, but a while back, I finally unlocked that Bardock mission I was fearing, and I lucked out and beat it on the first go. "I'll Never Forgive You, Scum!" and Death Ball spam came in handy when Freeza showed up. Razz
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 7:57 pm

SOK wrote:

Oh yeah, you'll need to be blast heavy on that one to ensure Mr. Satan stays above 50% of his health for that Ultimate Finish to pop up. If you want, I can assist you tomorrow, if you feel you can do without getting that Ultimate Finish and reaping whatever reward you're looking for till later.

I've fulfilled this requirement many, many times, but the freaking RNG hates me and Vegeta won't transform. Your assistance is required for the rest of those PQs though. I played with a random guy online who had a ki blast build and made me feel so useless.

Just finished the story mode with my 100 basic attack and 30 stamina Earthling, Louis Vuitton. It was surprisingly good.
Final battles were somewhat annoying as the enemies rarely flinched. Thankfully, the AI wasn't smart enough to escape the infinite loop I used.

So are there any broken Z-souls for melee characters I should be looking out for?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 8:15 pm

I dismissed the complaints about the utterly lacklustre tutorial and lack of training / practice mode but I realise now how big an oversight the lack of said mode is. I'm struggling to get much consistency in terms of chaining my melee combos. Occasionally when using the boost button (X on control type 3) Simihan will dash forward afater a knock away but it only works around half the time. Similarly, sometimes the light attack string will launch an enemy a foot into the air, whereby you can juggle them with a heavy chain. Sometimes. Other times, your target gets launched way too high to chain again, ending the combo.

I may be using a primarily ki-based build, but I'd still like to be able to engage in melee combat without feeling like I'm playing with one hand tied behind my back. So, er, anyone want to help me understand? Tell me what I'm doing wrong in terms of combo specifics or timing?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 8:31 pm

I haven't bothered with the knockback mechanic (triangle + circle on default controls) or chaining supers after my strings, since I haven't invested any points in them, so I've no idea about them. I'm playing with an Earthling so I also don't know how male Saiyan's strings work, but it shouldn't be all that different.

- after a throw you can use a dragon dash light attack to continue the combo (it seems a bit inconsistent though)

- you can spend 2 bars of stamina and teleport by pressing the jump button (X) after the square... triangle, triangle strings

- you can press the jump button and spend 2 bars to teleport after the all-heavy string

- the triangle, square x3 string manually teleports without spending meter to continue the combo; once you teleport, press the guard button to cancel the attack and use another string (I used the same one, hence the infinite loop I mentioned)

- dragon dash light x3 leads also to a vanishing combo without spending meter

- press up + jump during a step-in/sidestep to vanish and avoid projectile supers like death balls

- use the evasive ultimate move which costs 3 bars to get out of super/ultimate attacks
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 11:22 pm

lulz I got the Strongest on Earth Z-Soul on my first try in that particular mission. Also got Z-rank even though I'm struggling a bit through story mode.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 3:30 am

Golden Boy wrote:
- dragon dash light x3 leads also to a vanishing combo without spending meter

The vanishing in that can also be canceled by pressing guard so you can extend your combo, as I may have said before regarding the "ping pong" combo. lol.

Golden Boy wrote:
- press up + jump during a step-in/sidestep to vanish and avoid projectile supers like death balls

Yeah, that's the step vanish I mentioned before. Although, I believe it works in any direction, not just forward. I noticed it seems to not be as responsive when you're in close combat. Still, good for far away dodging and closing in distances.

Kaio wrote:
lulz I got the Strongest on Earth Z-Soul on my first try in that particular mission.

Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 8:29 am

PQ 47... What the hell.
Am I supposed to solo it in order to unlock it?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 8:43 am

Nah, the Ultimate Finish segment can be done in MP. DSK, another GFAQer and I spent rounds and rounds and rounds and rounds and rounds trying to nab that stupid Z-Soul for Gohan and Videl, and the additional fights popped up from time to time. Our prize for all our hard work? Buu's Buu Buu Balls. T_T

Also, attempted my first online match today and beat it swiftly by death ball spamming AND I AM NOT ASHAMED!!!! My opponents were using super armor buffs so nyeh!
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 8:55 am

But I've to do it solo first to unlock it, right? Also, where can I find super armor buffs for my character?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 9:56 am

Oh, I get it. You meant unlocking the mission itself to replay later. Yeah, you need to do it yourself for the first time. There are a small handful of extra PQs that are given out by the series' characters that hang around the hub, and when you beat 'em, they're added to the PQ list and you can do them in co-op like usual.

There are a number of "don't flinch" or "don't stagger" z-souls, but I assume the really useful ones that boosts stats are probably drops in a PQ, or something you have to mix. One decent one is Perfect Cell's Z-Soul(that you must make yourself at the mixing shop) which has some okay stats and revives you when you get K.O'd(with low health like "I'll Never Forgive You, Scum!" I assume), gaining super armor for the rest of the match.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 10:56 am

I finally did it and got the Z-soul Gohan requested.
I used Kamiccolo's Z-soul which I HIGHLY recommend for PQs, especially if you're using a melee character. It adds +3 to every stat, auto-guard if your stamina is full and most importantly HEALTH REGENERATION if your ki is full. You can also get it early on: buy the "Double it..." Z-soul from the store and grind PQs 6 and 14 until Piccolo drops a Z-soul (you'll see the "you got an equip" message; if not, retry the mission) and find a soul echo device from a PQ, then mix them to make Kamiccolo's Z-soul.
It helps tremendously.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 11:23 am

Yeah, Kamiccolo's is one of the most recommended Z-souls in the entire game, barring the broken set ups like Scum!+DB spam and stuff. You lucky jerk, though, finally getting it to drop. S'not fair. S'NOT FAAAAIR. I SHOUDLA BEEN WITH YOU TO NAB IT TOO!

Ah well, at least it's easier for one to just grind offline since it's a drop from Videl in that PQ, and if it doesn't say that you've got an equip after beating her, you can just reset the mission till it drops. The futile farming I did with DSK a while back was online, so we had to complete the whole thing each time. Won't do that for that particular Z-Soul again! Add any other skills and equips that are dropped from a certain character for that matter too. It'd save a lot of grinding time.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 4:09 pm

Y'know, kicking back and farming for various stuff and such doesn't feel as painful now that Online competitive play is effectively ruined by broken z-souls and stuff. Parallel Questin' with friends and eventually messing about and posing with each other in multi-lobbies when Dimps is done doing their maintenance is the main game now as far as I'm concerned.

It's a good game overall, but it is a bit hindered by the MMO-esque aspects and wonky implementations made. Hopefully the inevitable sequel will do away with some that to make things a more enjoyable experience and also more balanced concerning CaCs in online play. Or better yet, hopefully Dimps continues to patch and update the game to fix some of these hindrances, as well as the dopey drop rates for PQ rewards.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 4:22 pm

It's a decent game overall, but it has some flaws.
The netcode in general is disappointing. Also, the balance is kinda scewed; ki blast is way better than melee for story mode and parallel quests. The AI partners are completely useless, some enemies have super armor and you can't get a combo going when you're being constantly interrupted by 2-3 enemies from behind.

IMO, BoZ was better.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 4:49 pm

It's fortunate that there aren't much slowdowns/frame drops(I've yet to pop into a PQ/match with that) or issues like people being unable to connect to the online matches and PQs at least. The really big problem I'm concerned with are the server issues with the lobbies themselves. Namco Bandai/Dimps better finish their work on that soon. And also add proper lobby invite options too.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 6:20 pm

It's a pretty good outing for a first game. I can't wait for Xenoverse 3.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 7:51 pm

Just got to Cell in Story mode and got wrecked. How do I break his Super Armour effect?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 9:51 pm

I put a lot of skill points in blast supers, got Goku's gi (and one ultimate turtle hermit piece iirc) as outfit (+ health and +blast supers), trained under Vegeta and got three of his attacks, as well as the Z-Soul that increases the damage his attacks do. His multiple blast super that I'm forgetting the name of is especially effective.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 3:14 am

Kaio wrote:
It's a pretty good outing for a first game. I can't wait for Xenoverse 3.

It's Dimps, XV2 will probably be a substantial improvement itself. With that said, even though this is rather unlikely now given that the game's been a success, I really hope that they go along with releasing a different title next year to act as a buffer for XV2 so Dimps can keep working on XV's sequel in the background.

BoZ2 or BT3 HD Collection or ZBR port or Super DBZ HD(dooooooowit) or something completely new. Anything not shitty will suffice.

I also hope that upcoming ArcSys 3DS fighter will be fun.

Kaio wrote:
I put a lot of skill points in blast supers, got Goku's gi (and one ultimate turtle hermit piece iirc) as outfit (+ health and +blast supers), trained under Vegeta and got three of his attacks, as well as the Z-Soul that increases the damage his attacks do. His multiple blast super that I'm forgetting the name of is especially effective.

Finish Breaker.

By the way, PQ 53 is pretty good to grind your extra characters when starting at their low levels. Then when you're strong enough, you can move down to PQ52 and take on the Apes. Plus, the UF for the Ape mission is a potential Time Patroller battle, so you may get some DBs outta that while leveling.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 3:13 pm

Where can I get ultimate moves? I just realised that I'm still with the worthless starting move. I can fight Vegeta for Final Flash now, but he's way too tough right now to fight.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 pm

Mentors and, you guessed it, drops from PQs.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 3:41 pm

Ugh. Do you know a worthwile but easy to get ultimate PQ drop?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next