Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon Ball Xenoverse

Go down 
+3
Golden Boy
SimianWonder
Talking Sock
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Ball Xenoverse Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Upcoming DB fighting game for last and current gen consoles(Nintendo ones excluded) as well as PC.

One of the main draws to this title is the new story based on ideas that originated from the now dead Korean DB MMORPG. You create your own Original Character(do not steal) and prevent the timeline from being muddled up by villains from the aforementioned dead MMO working alongside/under a new unrevealed bad guy. You can mess around with your OC in online hub areas, meet up with other people and go on quests together n' stuff. There seems to be a good deal of customization options, and a nice handful of races to choose from. The races are: Earthling, Saiyan, Namek, Majin, and Whatever-Freeza's-Race-Is. I imagine online is gonna be littered with Earthlings, though.

It's being made by Dimps and has been in development for some time so there's a chance it might be pretty good. If nothing else, being able to create a Broly and Freeza lovechild and Gary Stu your way through what's sure to be a ridiculous story mode would be a dream come true.

Here is an image of the returning DBO characters being presented by a somewhat enthusiastic presenter.

Spoiler:

And here's a pic of two new characters being unveiled. The presenter clearly can't contain himself.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 5:25 pm

Or everyone will just make their fanfic characters. I know I will.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 5:31 pm

That trailer is great.
What makes you think that Earthlings will be the most popular race?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 5:42 pm

Yeah, I think Saiyans will be the most popular. Does look good though. As poor as the actual game was, Ultimate Tenkaichi did at least have a reasonable stab at CaC, this looks much better.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 1:23 am

Golden Boy wrote:
That trailer is great.

I'm kidding. Absolutely no one's gonna actually pick Earthling over any of the other choices.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 2:47 am

If you don't make an earthling and roleplay Mr. Satan you are objectively playing the game wrong.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 3:58 am

There's only so much one can do if someone attempts that. My hope goes out to any Mr. Satan role players that his skill set is available for OCs.

One move that just HAS to be able to be taught is this one:

If that can actually be taught, then you too can learn to suck just like Yamcha.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 10:33 am

SOK wrote:
Golden Boy wrote:
That trailer is great.

I'm kidding. Absolutely no one's gonna actually pick Earthling over any of the other choices.

I will. May pick a Saiyan though if humans are underpowered, but there's no way I'm playing as a green or pink alien.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 10:49 am

Will you get Ginyu spandex and pose with my dude?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 5:21 am

Just some chocolate.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 4:34 am

I've returned from my turdtacular trip the other day, so I just saw this. Looks gud.

Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 6:46 pm

I really hope this doesn't suck. We've not had a really good DB game since Budokai Tenkaichi 3.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 4:51 am

Well, Attack of the Saiyans was a thing, but disregarding handheld titles, that's mostly true. I had some fun with BoZ despite its numerous issues, and Burst Limit was a relatively refined and decent title that showed potential for something better. Of course, it didn't receive succeeding installments to build up from it and we got the Raging Turd games and Ultimate Turd instead. Spike really ruined last gen, jeez.  

Dimps has pretty much excelled with content going by what has been showcased, so now all that's left is the combat. Hopefully it is very good and polished. I wish I signed up for that network test a while back to get a feel for it, but oh well.

I really look forward to doing Ginyu poses(in spandex) with as much people as possible in those online hubs.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 7:32 pm

BoZ's combat mechanics were pretty solid.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 6:27 am

I think I'd rank the gameplay in terms of polish and how "finished" it was as:

Burst Limit
Battle of Z
Raging Blast 2/Ultimate Tenkaichi
Vomit
Raging Blast 1

The funny thing is, I don't actually like BL's mechanics all that much. I favor the Budokai Punch & Kick style instead of the Light & Heavy one. Also, they slowed down the movement a tad(even though the actual attacks and stuff were bitchingly fast and sexy to look at), those drama pieces were lame, and the way ki was handled was flawed too. However, despite not liking a lot of aspects of the game, it's really the only one where one can honestly say their vision was at least close to being fully realized(with Battle of Z as a close follow up that just needed a little bit more refinement).

Those issues were just unfavorable decisions and implementations made, not because the game was left broken and half-assed, which is a far lesser crime than how Namco Bandai had Spike go about doing things. You could also pretty much expect that Dimps would have fixed any problems with a BL2 and added those left over Buu stuff that people whined about the original lacking.

Xenoverse seems like a blessing and a gigantic sorry from the universe for those who longed for more after BL and Infinite World came about. I really hope it turns out to be a fun and smooth experienced. I don't expect the combat to be completely perfect and 100% balanced, but so long as it doesn't function like an abysmal turd, I'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 5:25 pm

Ultimate Tenkaichi was the worst.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 6:44 pm

Perhaps. But like I said, that list was ranking them in terms of polish, and Raging Blast definitely beats out its two succeeding Spike titles in terms of sheer brokenness and the lack of refinement. RB2 and UT were built off of its assets, with things smoothed out a little as they went from one game to the next, even if the last one was overhauled into a rock-paper-scissors title with a make-your-own-douchebag thrown in.

RB2 and UT still have their share of clunkiness of course, but RB1 almost looked and performed like something still in the middle of production. In terms of fun, RB1 would just barely beat out UT by default due to being an actual fighter instead of a QTE-fest, but it's obviously the least finished and functional title of the lot.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 10:19 am

You do well, huhuhu, you do well.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 10:47 pm

Looks too good for a DB game.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 3:14 am

https://youtu.be/sKWxRtn5-Yg?t=17m46s

Takahata101(one of the DBZ Abridged dudes) is playing one of the CAC voices.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:13 am

This game could have really done with a practice mode. It opens so suddenly with those three quick matches from the very first gameplay video(Goku vs Freeza, then Cell, then Kid Buu) and only after that do you make your CAC and go through a short tutorial.

Still, it doesn't seem too hard to pick up on the combat system after a few fights. However, The default control scheme's a bit unintuitive(X to ascend, pressing down on L3 to descend, lolwut?), and I don't doubt many players will be switching to the Type C controls, which are akin to the old Tenkaichi layout and are a lot more comfortable to utilize. I like to torture myself, so I've been sticking with the default set up, though. Razz

The game itself seems fun so far. I haven't played much, but it certainly doesn't feel as unpolished as some of the preceding games before it. It's so nice to have Dimps grace the DB gaming world their presence once again. Can't wait to beef up my Human dude, Schmohawk.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:33 pm

Finally got this poop game. Idiots at the store put the PS4 disc in the PS3 package so I had to go back today and change it.

I'm making a saiyan because lol I'm awful.

Wish there was a tutorial. I appreciate those when you have a game with such a complex control scheme. Also I always changed the BT controls to Budokai-esque controls, so I might be fucked now.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 8:06 pm

So is this any good? Is the CaC half-decent?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 8:12 pm

There's a lot of CaC options. You can choose from 5 races (human, Saiyan, Majin, Namekian and Freeza) with the former three also allowing you to choose gender. All races have different ups and downs and when you finish a character you can choose between melee, ki or balanced (I chose melee because I forgot Sora told me to choose ki and now I'm fucked because the game is littered with mega-armored broken characters).

There's a standard costume for every character for which you can change the color scheme, but there's tons of options to change your character's look from hairstyle to the size of a character's ears and chin.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 8:32 pm

I'm still undecided, especially since the Ps3/360 era DBZ games were pretty average. SO, the real question; does this feel like it could ever be better than BT3?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse   Dragon Ball Xenoverse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next