Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Wolverine

Go down 
+6
SSMG
Eevil-Psycho
Neo
SimianWonder
Talking Sock
Kaio
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

The Wolverine - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:01 pm

actually, having just watched X3 again, I hadn't seen the post credits scene..

I thought the post credit scene was the one where Magneto slightly moves that chess piece, but that's the actual end of the movie.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:24 pm

Wait really? What happens in the actual post-credits scene? I was referring to Magneto playing chess.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:32 pm

Annyong.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:13 pm

yeah, what Kaio linked.

also, during the movie he's talking about transferring consciousness to another person as a "case study" for his students. a clip is shown of a man in a hospital bed with that same nurse with him.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:36 pm

That was a great scene because Kitty was in it.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:11 pm

Really? i did not know that charles had been known to be alive for years now. my budy and i were losing our shit at the credits scene for the wolverine. solely based off charles being alive.. but really that's been known for years eh.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:25 am

I liked the movie. The romance thing was unnecessary though. Probably the only thing that I outright didn't like.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:28 pm

No one saw X3s post credit scene as everyone was eager to run out of the cinema and forget it existed. Its probably the only film with a post credit scene i didn't catch and no one i spoke ot had even known there was one.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 6:03 pm

X3 wasn't that bad. Sure it paled in comparison to the first 2, and I don't think you could ever say it was "good", but it wasn't as toe-curlingly awful as Origins.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 8:20 pm

It was pretty horrible. Too many plots, too little character work and Rogue taking the cure completely ruins the whole mutant metaphor. Also, it ignored a dozen subplots that were set up in the previous two movies.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 8:25 pm

X3 was dreadful, remember stupid things like leech being able to neutralise Juggernauts powers?  I mean come on any one familiar with sx-men was cringing hardcore at that.

i agree origins was bad, but part of me was at least able to enjoy some action.  X3 didn't have any noteworthy action implemented weird characters i'm sure never existed i.e. the fast person when magneto has a son who'd have done exactly the same thing.  X3 was a bad x-men movie and a bad movie, Origins was a bad x-men movie, but had some mildly entertaining sections.

Also found it hilarious when cyclops seemed vaguely better in 3 and then his goggles were later flying around the room.  I honestly blame hugh jackman for having a huge hard on for Hugh Jackman i.e. stating his abs are never photoshopped when they blatently were and people like Ryan Gosling admit they are touched up... in a photoshop sense.  His boner for himself kinda makes me cringe I hope we don't get anything like that in the next movie, first class was great.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 8:30 pm

They could hardly introduce Magneto's kids in X3 when there hadn't been a single mention in the first two. That would be even worse writing than what we actually got.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:44 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
X3 was dreadful, remember stupid things like leech being able to neutralise Juggernauts powers?  I mean come on any one familiar with sx-men was cringing hardcore at that.

i agree origins was bad, but part of me was at least able to enjoy some action.  X3 didn't have any noteworthy action implemented weird characters i'm sure never existed i.e. the fast person when magneto has a son who'd have done exactly the same thing.  X3 was a bad x-men movie and a bad movie, Origins was a bad x-men movie, but had some mildly entertaining sections.

Also found it hilarious when cyclops seemed vaguely better in 3 and then his goggles were later flying around the room.  I honestly blame hugh jackman for having a huge hard on for Hugh Jackman i.e. stating his abs are never photoshopped when they blatently were and people like Ryan Gosling admit they are touched up... in a photoshop sense.  His boner for himself kinda makes me cringe I hope we don't get anything like that in the next movie, first class was great.

Hugh Jackman is one of the nicest and down to Eart actors working.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:29 am

I think Buu's just racist against Australians.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:55 am

Oh i don't hate Hugh Jackman, I just hate him in the x-men film after two. In other stuff he's never bothered and he seems nice enough. Still a twat for saying i'm a 40+ guy and I have a buddy that looks like this with no photoshop. I really don't see how being nice and being narcissistic have to be mutually exclusive.

I think you meant tasmanians Skip.

Neo wrote:
They could hardly introduce Magneto's kids in X3 when there hadn't been a single mention in the first two. That would be even worse writing than what we actually got.
Considering Sabertooth and Wolverine are now brothers, there's a lot of retarded shit. Also don't forget Cyclops, prof X, emma frost, magneto had all met wolverine previously. Thats just been completely ignored. They really are making shit up on the fly.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:33 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:

Why?

Juggernaut in the film was just another mutant. Even had he been the more familiar (and infinitely cooler it has to be said) wicked-step-brother-with-the-magic-crystal Juggernaut, Leech's power may still have affected him; dependent on the writer, a few times Leech has been known to strip powers from others who were magically gifted rather than mutant.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:54 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Considering Sabertooth and Wolverine are now brothers, there's a lot of retarded shit.

That's actually a good change from the comics, considering Wolverine's actual half-brother Dog Logan is a Sabretooth rip-off anyway.

The Wolverine - Page 2 Dog_lo10
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 2:57 pm

Have they evet established that charles xavier and cain marko are half brothers in the movies?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 8:06 pm

No.

And they're step-brothers, not half-brothers.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:07 am

Aren't you guys normally complaining about stuff not sticking to canon?

Anyway to me it seems kinda dumb to have people who are brothers when they didn't bother mentioning that while fighting each other.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:08 am

Complaining about canon in a comic book movie is dumb, because there can never be a straight adaptation like with a book.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:19 am

Kaio wrote:
Complaining about canon in a comic book movie is dumb, because there can never be a straight adaptation like with a book.
If superman's girlfriend in the next movie is supergirl is that alright?

Sure some things can be liberally changed by movies, but making two longstanding characters brothers, is an awful choice. Let's make eddie brock and Peter Parker brothers to...
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:34 am

Should they have introduced Dog Logan instead, who is exactly the same character as Sabretooth, except he has a different name?

Also, Sabretooth was originally intended to be Wolverine's father by the definitive X-Men scribe.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:46 am

Kaio wrote:
Should they have introduced Dog Logan instead, who is exactly the same character as Sabretooth, except he has a different name?

Also, Sabretooth was originally intended to be Wolverine's father by the definitive X-Men scribe.
Honestly, I'd rather him be his dad, if someone had actually thought of it being like that at some point.

The whole brother thing was cheesy as hell. If it seemed like an interesting tangent I can roll with anything. It didn't add anything for me and really just raised more questions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wolverine   The Wolverine - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wolverine
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next