Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN) Empty
PostSubject: Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN)   Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 6:36 pm

The first time I watched this I knew fuck all about the X-Men universe and I want to see how well it holds up now that I'm an expert obsessed fanboy. So I'm rewatching and taking notes of cameos, references, character changes etc. (or I try to because I get bored/lazy real quick).
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN)   Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 6:37 pm

Hindsight, Part 1

• This series starts with Kitty and Nightcrawler. How great! Oh yeah, Colossus is there too, but he doesn’t appear for the rest of the series (even though he was in the promo pics)

• Kitty and Iceman are the only characters with significant redesigns. Kind of weird, though I don’t mind since the designs are really good.

• Nightcrawler and Beast are perfectly in line with his 616 counterpart. Kitty feels more like her Ultimate self (less brainy, more talky). Rogue is like her movie self, including her relationship with Logan. Logan himself is a little nicer than usual.

• Wolverine usheathing his claws and then not using them is so badass

• It’s interesting they used the Magneto/Genosha thing, considering it was bombed two years after he got the island. A concept not fully utilized and it’s nice to see this show giving it some attention

• Cameos in this episode: Pyro, Boom Boom, Rockslide, Dust, Feral (?) Wolfsbane

• Overall the episode was pretty good, though it’s noticeable that it’s a three parter because only Wolvie and Beast have significant screentime
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN)   Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 7:31 pm

Hindsight, Part 2

• Domino is now leading the Brotherhood? Weird, but sure, I’ll deal. Quicksilver is also part of it, that’s what happens when you don’t have an Avengers series yet.

• Rogue is such a whinebag. God.

• Cyke’s a douche very much like his movie counterpart and the current 616 version.

• Angel is always so boring. Only Rick Remender writes an interesting Angel

• Wolverine, Kitty, Iceman and Beast make for a pretty fun team. It makes me look forward to Jason Aaron’s upcoming title

• Not much to say about this episode. Senator Kelly’s done way too many times to still be interesting
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN)   Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:53 pm

Hindsight, Part 3

• I like how Emma’s regular outfit is her Generation X costume and her uniform is her current X-Men costume

• I also like how she’s not completely tied to Boreclops

• Forge is probably the best reimagining in cartoon history

• Epic Astonishing X-Men tribute with THE WALK through the hangar

• Boreclops adds a longcoat to his condom suit, so now he’s badass Boreclops I guess

• Magneto is so awesome

• I do like how much Xavier and Magneto sound like Patrick Steward and Ian McKellen

• Really great episode. Loved the Genosha infiltration, Magneto, the interaction between characters, everything
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN)   Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Kaio wrote:
• Boreclops adds a longcoat to his condom suit, so now he’s badass Boreclops I guess
This is the only X-Men cartoon with Cyclops head condom, I used to prefer this design to the Jim Lee reimagining
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN)   Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 5:07 pm

It makes him look like a dork.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN)   Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Overflow

• Oh no, a Storm episode. This is gonna be the worst.

• Trolling Emma is best Emma

• I like how Cyke automatically loses his stubble when he dons his body condom

• The villain in this episode is Storm’s equally boring nemesis the Shadow King

• We learn that when she was a teenager, Storm had a ambiguous Halle Berry accent

• Emma fighting the Shadow King is the only good thing about the episode

• Storm is staying??? You’re the worst, Storm
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN)   Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 9:43 pm

Thieves’ Gambit

• I wonder which character this episode is about????

• Gambit?!

• Magma, the most un-Brazilian Brazilian girl

• Logan’s shirtless quite often in this show

• This entire episode is centered around Gambit being a smarmy douche. This may have worked in the ‘90s but it’s not interesting anymore
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN)   Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:00 pm

X-Calibre

• omg the title is a reference to one of the best spin-off titles in the franchise

• LOL Squidboy. LOL Chuck Austen

• Isn’t Nightcrawler the best? I think he’s the best

• Pixie!!!!

• Dazzler's there too apparantly

• Just like in real life Germans are haters and bigots and try to kill Nightcrawler. But luckily Xavier shows up. Just like in the comic that introduced Nightcrawler! Cool flashback, braw

• Can’t stop laughing bout Squidboy

• This series needed more Kitty/Nightcrawler interaction

• One of the most fun episodes yet. MORE NIGHTCRAWLER
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN)   Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kaio watches Wolverine and the X-Men (AGAIN)
Page 1 of 1