Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vita game general discussion

Go down 
+11
Baal
Talking Sock
Korin
Rman
Skip
testtubebaby
Rosalyn_86
Kaede
BlackChaosDragon
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Vita game general discussion - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 6:18 pm

No, I never beat it. It was fun, but the pacing of the story got to the stage where it was just dragging things on longer than I'd have liked. I lost interest for a couple of months, and when I went back I struggled to remember where I was (even with the excellent reminder system) so I went back to playing P4G instead.

I will get back into it at some point, my Vita backlog is horrendous!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 9:51 pm

I'm playing Kick & Fennick now. Going through my PS+ backlog (or trying, some I played for 5 minutes and gave up on). It's really good. It's simple and easy 2D platformer, but the mechanics are precise and very satisfying. Weight and momentum feel just right. Basically you can't jump, but you have this super powerful gun and you use the recoil from the shots the propel yourself around. Very nifty.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 3:09 pm

I really enjoyed kick and fennick, I got to somewhere in the second chapter and the levels felt a bit samey.

Also bought Tales of Hearts R meaning I now have every tales game that got localised.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 5:38 pm

It does add a few new things later, like bounce pads and underwater stages. But I realise after playing Mario 3 recently that modern platformers are incredibly simple.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 10:36 am

I've had an issue with my Vita since one of the software updates that my power button basically wouldn't work. You couldn't enter sleep mode by pressing it, not could you turn off the Vita by holding it. I just downloaded Castlestorm, and for whatever reason, the power button is now working as it should. Weird.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 10:07 pm

I last played the Vita around five-six weeks ago, then left it in sleep mode when I was done. Went to check PS store yesterday, and nothing doing. No problem, battery has likely gone flat. I put it on charge, Home button went orange as normal and I left it for a few hours. Now, when I went back to it, it won't turn on. At all.

I've tried pretty much everything else that other similar topics have suggested, and nothing works; holding the power button for longer periods (upwards of 60 secs) and also tried holding power + home + volume up / right shoulder for equal periods of time, with or without memory cards but I cannot get the system to power up. When I plug it into my PC, the Home button lights up momentarily then goes off again, and even connected it won't power up.

Any one got any ideas?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 10:36 pm

Is the orange light blinking when charging?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 10:44 pm

It was yesterday when it was on the initial charge, but it stopped after a couple of hours and now doesn't do anything.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 11:23 pm

When the Vita completely runs out the battery, the charge light blinks for a while, and you can't turn it on while it's doing that. But if it's charged enough then I don't know what's up with it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 11:19 am

You likely killed the battery and gave it negative charge.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 1:24 pm

Hmm, Youre probably right Buu. The battery is most likey dead. Those Li-ion batteies are pretty shit, if they dont recive a constant charge. It'll begin to lose life (the length it lasts) and then die out if not . My guess is that simian put it on sleep mode whilst it had little power left.

So Simian, you're gonna have to replace the battery, Its not hard but takes a little while. I already replaced mine after i got harrased by that "low battery" glitch, It was extremely annoying. All in all its a fairly easy process,

And if that doesnt work then im not sure what will Sad.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 9:30 pm

I'll order a battery from ebay, see if that changes things. Cheers for the feedback, gents.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 8:46 am

Battery arrived yesterday, took the Vita apart (which is more complicated than you might expect) and replaced said battery. It made no difference what so ever, sadly.

I've got a couple of decisions to make now; Firstly, do I replace the Vita? Granted, I haven't used it for a few weeks, but its a great bit of kit, I've got some fantastic games for it and remote play is becoming indispensable. Secondly, If I do choose to replace it, do I opt to buy a new one (OLED model, not Slim, the screens aren't as good!) or do I choose one with a cracked screen or some other physical defect for far less money and just try and swap the working guts over into my more-or-less mint Vita body?

Hmm.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 4:52 pm

have a look in cex or game for a pre-owned one, you can see if it is cracked etc but they usually have a mint one in so no need to open and try to swap stuff over
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Being an enterprising chap, I thought I'd try one last avenue before resorting to buying another Vita; I ordered a new power button off ebay for a fiver, and guess what?

It only went and bloody worked!

Managed to grab Freedom Wars off PS+ for the month as well, so was pretty happy with myself.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 5:20 pm

Finally got God Eater Resurrection, Honestly I don't quite get the point of sending you a 12 digit code to go to their site then getting another 12 digit code for PSN.

https://www.dlc-god-eater.com/

But it is a code for both PSV and PS4 so thats cool, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 5:07 pm

Got it to might start playing today.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 6:27 pm

Good stuff man. Though we're still playing catch up with those of the US by a whole game.
Still it a decent enough game so far
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vita game general discussion
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15