Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vita game general discussion

Go down 
+11
Baal
Talking Sock
Korin
Rman
Skip
testtubebaby
Rosalyn_86
Kaede
BlackChaosDragon
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 10:12 pm

16GB of memory gone in less than three hours. Jesus. Couldn't download all my freebies, so will have to ration them somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:16 pm

I really like the vita, i'm addicted to everybody's golf. By the way get Virtue's last reward you owe it to yourself to play it.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 8:48 pm

Buu you told me the Vita had good battery life, three and a half hour of Ys gameplay isn't good.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 9:21 pm

My Vita took six hours of P4G before it flashed the battery warning at me, though given there's minimal use of the touchscreen and zero use of the rear touch pad, it's possible that a game using those more heavily would impact battery life somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 3:06 am

Neo wrote:
Buu you told me the Vita had good battery life, three and a half hour of Ys gameplay isn't good.

Weird. I'm sure i played VLR way longer then that in stretches. Although that said that game turns off network connection automatically. If the game doesn't have any need for online you might wanna try turning off the WiFi. I'm also pretty sure I played Everybody's golf for pretty long today. I normally play with headphones to dunno if that makes a difference. This is my first hand held in god knows how long so i'm not used to the concept of charging and what effects it.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 9:20 pm

my battery only dies quick if i forget to turn wifi off on the train because it just constantly searches for network
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
This is my first hand held in god knows how long so i'm not used to the concept of charging and what effects it.

I'd say the Vita battery lasts longer than the 3DS equivalent. With 3D mode and a live internet connection, I've seen as little as three hours from a fully charged 3DS battery.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 4:16 pm

Toukiden is out on Valentine's Day.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 11:12 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Toukiden is out on Valentine's Day.
We can buy it for each other to celebrate.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 2:38 pm

Toukiden is £25 preorder on zavvi, moose should get it.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 8:57 pm

I'm enjoying the Toukiden demo, it seems much easier to get into than Monster Hunter. Ordered a copy but I'm going to try to complete the demo as saves carry over. Multiplayer has a separate set of missions so I've left them alone for now.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 5:37 pm

Yeah i love this. Moose grab the demo this game is out valentine's day, so you obviously want to spend the day plaing this with me.  I can ignore my gf it will be great.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 5:38 pm

There was a demo? I'll get it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 5:40 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
There was a demo? I'll get it.

If you do the tutorial and the first mission (you kill these little imp things like 10 of them), after that i can try coop with you from that point.  I'm using dual blades and neo was using a spear if you wanna be something different. You can change weapons at anytime so not a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 11:37 am

After trying out a couple of the weapons I think I'm going to use the Spear and Sickle. Spear is extremely good at destroying body parts and has defensive options that make it great against larger Oni but Sickle seems better for just doing damage to the weaker enemies.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 10:11 am

I like the gauntlets, sword and knives. The swords are too comedically oversized though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 2:48 pm

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/10/sony-says-100-games-planned-vita-year-borderlands-2-set-spring-release/

Quote :
Sony Says More 100 Games Are Planned For Vita This Year, Borderlands 2 Set For Spring screenshot Sony Computer Entertainment America is working with Gearbox Software and Iron Galaxy Studios to bring Borderlands 2 to PlayStation Vita. The Vita version includes six downloadable content packs, Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty, Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage, Psycho Character Class, Mechromancer Class, Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1, and Collector’s Edition Pack. Borderlands 2 is slated for spring and a voucher will be bundled with the slim PlayStation Vita plus an 8 GB memory card for $199.99.

Sony says more than 100 games are planned for PlayStation Vita this year including God of War Collection (a compilation of God of War and God of War 2) which is due on May 6 and The Sly Collection which is scheduled for May 27. Other games confirmed for release this year include:

Invizimals: The Alliance
MLB 14: The Show
Murasaki Baby
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
Hohokum
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Minecraft
Metrico
Luftrausers
Fez
1001 Spikes
Helldivers
Destiny of Spirits
No Heroes Allowed: No Puzzles Either!
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma
Conception II
The Walking Dead: Season Two
The Wolf Among Us
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 3:06 pm

100 games seems a lot until you realise most of them are ps3 games made into vita. I have the GOTY borderlands 2, dont suppose ill get the DLC for free because of it?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 3:18 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
100 games seems a lot until you realise most of them are ps3 games made into vita. I have the GOTY borderlands 2, dont suppose ill get the DLC for free because of it?

To my understanding the BL2 version on Vita is the GOTY edition, similar to how injustice gods among us and mortal Kombat had the complete editions on vita.

What i'm considerably more intersted in knowing is if the HD collections will be cross buy. Like the Jak and Daxter one. If thats the case i'm going to buy those games ASAP. Also Sly trilogy on vita if it runs smoothly its a must buy for me I haven't played 2 or 3 and I loved 1.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 11:39 am

Despite the fact my backlog is still pretty huge, I feel I need a new game for the Vita. I fancy another RPG - Persona making a mockery of the £12.49 I paid for it by offering 120-odd hours of gameplay - and I can't make my mind up between Toukiden and Ys.

They're quite different styles of game; I never got on with Monster Hunter, but Toukiden genuinely feels like a clone that does a lot of things better than it's stuck-in-the-past inspiration, and Ys is a proper old-school RPG.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 4:08 pm

Ys is probably the better game I haven't played it, but its meant to be great. Toukiden is a time sink it is fun though, people think its shallow compared to Monster Hunter, but to me MH sounds pretentious.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 6:26 pm

I played MH on the 3DS and didn't get on with it, the combat felt slow and laborious. Toukiden feels more like an RPG with monster bits bolted on. I'm enjoying the demo.

Depressingly, I decided to head into Norwich city centre earlier, with a view to looking at some Vita titles. Yeah, that was an eye opener. Game had one row of Vita games, consisting of around 15 titles repeated a few times, HMV had two - yes, two - on display and that was that. No wonder the format gets so little attention.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 6:39 pm

Ys is a full on action RPG right? Toukiden is just killing the same dozen bosses for hundred of hours, although it is fun. In the end, Toukiden comes down to farming for random item drops to make better equipment, so you can farm for rarer random items to make even better equipment, and so on.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 6:46 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
In the end, Toukiden comes down to farming for random item drops to make better equipment, so you can farm for rarer random items to make even better equipment, and so on.

So were endgame Dragon's Dogma and Borderlands 2, and those were two of my favourite games of the last couple of years.  As long as the combat itself is fun, I don't mind if it repeats itself.  Ys does look like a more traditional RPG.  I'll see how I feel about Toukiden after spending more time with the demo.

Last edited by SimianWonder on Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 6:51 pm

Just know that the Toukiden demo is really generous. Those six weapon types are all there is in the game, so don't expect any more if you end up buying it. There 8 mitama types in total though and that 30 item limit isn't there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vita game general discussion
Page 9 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next