Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vita game general discussion

Go down 
+11
Baal
Talking Sock
Korin
Rman
Skip
testtubebaby
Rosalyn_86
Kaede
BlackChaosDragon
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:59 am

I never bothered with the books but I seen all the films, they get much better from the fifth one
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 5:01 am

I'm in the party that actually prefers the first four. Even though the latter two of those ones contain some changes and axed content that fans dislike, they all still work as much tighter and coherent movies. The Yates ones on the other hand felt like they didn't know which audience they were trying to please. They tried to shove in a little bit of everything(excluding the 6th film where they some how managed to cut out the majority of the main plot because apparently teen romance nonsense was much more integral), and became a bit disjointed and poorly paced. Ultimately, they just assumed everyone had read the books and decided to not even share entire plot threads which caused a few holes in the story that could have been avoided.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 1:08 pm

Movies 5 and 6 were quite weak. Yet Order of the Phoenix was my favourite book of the series.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 1:14 pm

I could watch spend my time watching the Harry Potter series or I could watch Die Hard 10 times. Its clear what the right decision is.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 1:59 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
I could watch spend my time watching the Harry Potter series or I could watch Die Hard 10 times.  Its clear what the right decision is.
That's kind of fair enough, as Die Hard is pretty great.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:08 pm

did they really miss loads of stuff out? i heard that they had to cut them down to fit them to movie size but its just plain stupid to dismiss half the plot
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:12 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
did they really miss loads of stuff out? i heard that they had to cut them down to fit them to movie size but its just plain stupid to dismiss half the plot
Well you can cutaway and cutaway, but when something is made of pure awesome only awesome can sill be left, but I guess thats Die Hard for you.

Die Hard with a Vengeance doesn't feel like a Die Hard movie at all though. I still need to watch 5, watched 4.0 again yesterday such a great film and McClane still feels like McClane, which is good.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:16 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
There's quite a bit cut out. I'd only recommend reading them at this stage though if you enjoyed the movies. They're technically for all ages but really you appreciate them most as a kid. Alternatively, you could find a way to get a-hold of the audiobook of Stephen Fry reading it. I imagine that'd be awesome as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:23 pm

Skipio wrote:
testtubebaby wrote:
There's quite a bit cut out. I'd only recommend reading them at this stage though if you enjoyed the movies. They're technically for all ages but really you appreciate them most as a kid. Alternatively, you could find a way to get a-hold of the audiobook of Stephen Fry reading it. I imagine that'd be awesome as fuck.
I really can't stand audio books everyone reads too slowly.  I had this awesome one when I was kid of Snow White though and I'm certain it was the best audio book reading ever it even had music to set the mood.

While we're recommending books though I'd suggest reading Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zaffon I own hardback versions of all his books becaue I read shadow of the wind loved it so much I assumed I'd read the others, which i didn't because I forgot where I put them >_>.

Also if you like audio books I recommend this its about pirates, it seems quite immersive to:
Spoiler:

You most likely will feel like a fully fledged pirate by the end. If you doubt me consider that the best pirate song ever was in lazytown.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:33 pm

Ha, I totally have Shadow of the Wind sitting on my shelf, quite high in my 'to read' list. The premise sounds really cool, so I'm looking forward to it. First I'm going to finish The Inimitable Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse, and maybe read Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. But I might bump Shadow of the Wind up before the latter now that it's been recommended by two people.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Skipio wrote:
Ha, I totally have Shadow of the Wind sitting on my shelf, quite high in my 'to read' list. The premise sounds really cool, so I'm looking forward to it. First I'm going to finish The Inimitable Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse, and maybe read Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. But I might bump Shadow of the Wind up before the latter now that it's been recommended by two people.

Dunno if this is a selling point or not, but I honestly find a lot of adult books shit and boring. But Shadow of the Wind had me gripped from beginning to the end and not just in a page turner way, I was legitimately interested and not just teased throughout.

Also my brother borrowed it finished it and then lent it to his mate to read, which really pissed me off because the book ooked ugly when it was returned so i bought it again in hardback and never let anyone touch my books again... although this may have led to the problem where I can't currently find my books >_>.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:58 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Skipio wrote:

Dunno if this is a selling point or not, but I honestly find a lot of adult books shit and boring.  But Shadow of the Wind had me gripped from beginning to the end and not just in a page turner way, I was legitimately interested and not just teased throughout.  
Well I may just bump it up in fact. You may like P.G. Wodehouse though, here's an exert I typed out that won me over.

Spoiler:

Quote :
Also my brother borrowed it finished it and then lent it to his mate to read, which really pissed me off because the book ooked ugly when it was returned so i bought it again in hardback and never let anyone touch my books again...  although this may have led to the problem where I can't currently find my books >_>.
That is pretty much the worst. I'm always super careful with books I'm borrowing because I can imagine how shit that would be.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 3:10 pm

I learned that lesson when some cunt didn't return my Thomas the Tank Engine picture book. Needless to say that was the catalyst for our long running friendship ending.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 3:13 pm

Neo wrote:
I learned that lesson when some cunt didn't return my Thomas the Tank Engine picture book.

Dear God.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 3:30 pm

The twist is Sora was that guy. I think he'd do something so despicable as described.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 3:35 pm

I knew I should have trusted my gut when I thought Sora was a twat.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 4:13 pm

Die Hard 5 isn't a Die Hard movie buu. At least Vengeance had the villain force John to get involved so there was a reason for him to be involved. In Die Hard 5 he goes to Russia looking for his son, and his son's a spy, and John just sort of follows him and blows crap up. And god damn it how many times do I have to tell you Die Hard 3 is better than 2.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 4:15 pm

Buu always has the wrong opinions, I wouldn't worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 4:24 pm

Neo wrote:
I knew I should have trusted my gut when I thought Sora was a twat.

It wasn't me, it was the one-armed kid!
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 1:17 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Die Hard 5 isn't a Die Hard movie buu. At least Vengeance had the villain force John to get involved so there was a reason for him to be involved. In Die Hard 5 he goes to Russia looking for his son, and his son's a spy, and John just sort of follows him and blows crap up. And god damn it how many times do I have to tell you Die Hard 3 is better than 2.
Oh that sounds crap is it worth watching?

Die Hard 3 isn't a Die Hard movie you just like it because you like laughing at black stereotypes and poorly put to gether movies. Seriously wtf kind of ending does that movie even have? John somehow gets hold of a chopper and saves the universe. Its quite blatent they were trying to shovel a different movie and threw in john mcclane, then thought hey jeremy irons is british lets make him hans brother because that would be a great plot twist and also doesn't really seem to have any bearing on the movie.

2 is great it has the terminator in it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:01 pm

If I remember the ending with the chopper was a last minute thing, although I could be wrong. And it did start out as a different film. The writer wrote a thriller called Simon Says, around the idea of someone from your past that you wronged in some way you can't remember calling you up and getting revenge. The studio bought it and got him to rewrite it into a Die Hard movie.

Die Hard 5 is really short so you could watch it once just to confirm how bad it is.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:14 pm

die hard 5 is pretty bad but then 4.0 was shit aswell, it was thrown together to show the age we live in (PC, smart phone, etc) die hard & die hard 2 were both set in 1 place which set the precedent for how die hard movies should be. That said vengeance was half decent
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:25 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
die hard 5 is pretty bad but then 4.0 was shit aswell, it was thrown together to show the age we live in (PC, smart phone, etc) die hard & die hard 2 were both set in 1 place which set the precedent for how die hard movies should be. That said vengeance was  half decent

But he shoots a helicopter into a car. I really can't stand Samuel L. Jackson, his best role was in Goodfellas, everything post that he just yells and screams like a stereotype. Obviously he's laughing at white people all the while to the bank as he makes money off them laughing at him.

The first two are by the best films in the series. John McClane actuallly felt like John McClane in 4, which is one of the reasons I prefer it to 3. There's no action set pieces in 3 that I like. 4 at least has the good action set pieces and that parkour guy. Also the scene where McClane beats the shit out of asian bitch is freaking hilarious. I don't even recall him saying Yipee Kay Ay in 3 which again means he doesn't even feel like John McClane, that how he ends 3 other films...

Personally I liked McClane being out of his depth in 4. The bad guys funny to. I can't take the film seriously as I don't think it ever really attempted to be serious. 3 just reminds me I could be watching a better film with Alan Rickman like Harry Potter.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:27 pm

I'm fairly certain "Yippee Kay Ay" has to be said at least once for it to count as a Die Hard movie.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:52 pm

Skipio wrote:
I'm fairly certain "Yippee Kay Ay" has to be said at least once for it to count as a Die Hard movie.

Ya mean "yippee ki-yay."

"Yippee kay ay" sounds like how Tommy Wiseau would say it.

"Yippee kay ay, mutharfuckur. Cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep."

Now that would be one hell of a Die Hard film.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vita game general discussion   Vita game general discussion - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vita game general discussion
Page 11 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next