Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)

Go down 
+7
DarkAkatosh
Neo
SimianWonder
Skip
Kaio
Talking Sock
Superbuu3
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:53 pm

There are cutscenes in solo play, but nothing special, I think. Just your guy entering the stage, and the boss popping up near the end. That's how it went when I did the Buggy level in Another Log anyway.
Back to top Go down
DarkAkatosh
Deck Hand
DarkAkatosh

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:02 pm

This is coming to the US right?
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:06 pm

DarkAkatosh wrote:
This is coming to the US right?

On the 25th, yes.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:20 pm

All round i can say this game will entertain us as an online game for a while, there's a lot of cool things in there. The characters really play very differently. Getting S ranks is harder then you'd think to. I do really hope there is a 4th unlockable difficulty level though.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:26 pm

So, being fairly comfortable using Luffy and his wacky, fast moves during our recent online sessions, he shall be my main in co-op.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:38 pm

I'm gonna pretty much always play as zoro in coop.

That said I was shocked how fun chopper was to play having had his cameo in the main log.

Currently in terms of fun playing as them:

Zoro>Luffy>Chopper>Sanji

That said as they level they'll probably get a lot better. Especially once luffy gets second gear.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:42 pm

How many characters are playable?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:48 pm

13 not sure if there are two movesets for luffy, zoro and sanji though:

Monkey D. Luffy (Pre-Timeskip) (Post-Timeskip)
Roronoa Zoro (Pre-Timeskip) (Post-Timeskip)
Usopp (Pre-Timeskip)
Sanji (Pre-Timeskip) (Post-Timeskip)
Nami (Pre-Timeskip)
Tony Tony Chopper (Pre-Timeskip)
Nico Robin (Pre-Timeskip)
Franky (Pre-Timeskip)
Brook (Pre-Timeskip)
Portgas D. Ace
Edward Newgate
Boa Hancock (Pre-Timeskip)
Jinbe (Pre-Timeskip)
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:50 pm

Man I'm so psyched for this, I need it to arrive already.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:57 pm

As i try out the characters i'll let you now if they seem good or not (but keep in mind the bias as they won't be levelled, because i'm waiting for you guys)

I'm worried ussop and nico robin will be crap as ranged fighters generally don't work well in these kinds of games.

I really am looking forward to unlocking brooke and whitebeard though, sword fighters are epic due to being melee and having a hug range off the bat for area attacks.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 7:09 pm

Hopefully those new scenario's in the DLC are Skypiea.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 3:56 am

Nearing story mode's end now. Just beat Magellan and now I gotta finish off the rest of the Impel Down stuff and then that war part. That Sabaody level was nuts, running all over the place trying to stop Kizaru from taking down your allies.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 12:35 pm

Calm down sora if you level the shit out of your characters you'll end up having no one wanting to play online with you. I think my luffy is only level 10 or something, and zoro like level 3.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 12:40 pm

You'll just have to catch up. Very Happy

But no worries, it's only Luffy that's leveled high right now, and I'll spend some game time on TTT2 as well.

Anyway, that final mission was one hell of a climax. I played it out like in the manga and got a trophy for it too. Gonna have to replay it differently again so I can do that Akainu fight as Luffy and do that hilariously ridiculous DBZ-esque bit I recall from the stream ages back.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 12:54 pm

lol is the final mission carrying Luffy from the battlefield or something
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:20 pm

Nah. You just play as Luffy, Hancock, Whitebeard, and Ace curbstomping the marines. If you meet certain requirements, the ending will play out like in the manga, but if you just go around taking over most of the territories, you get the over the top DBZ battle against Akainu.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:44 pm

Kaio you'll be glad to now Nami is broken. She can one shot things. Her stats are awful but her special attack is insanely high and she uses the climtact a lot. I do wonder how broken when she levels up.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 2:24 pm

SOK wrote:
Nah. You just play as Luffy, Hancock, Whitebeard, and Ace curbstomping the marines. If you meet certain requirements, the ending will play out like in the manga, but if you just go around taking over most of the territories, you get the over the top DBZ battle against Akainu.

Does that mean you might miss certain cutscenes or battles if you do them differently?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 2:28 pm

Kaio wrote:
SOK wrote:

Does that mean you might miss certain cutscenes or battles if you do them differently?
I wouldn't be suprised. Its not uncommon for koei games to have secret cutscenes or dialogue.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Kaio wrote:
SOK wrote:

Well, other than potentially missing out on the DBZ fight, Nah. There's no other unique battles or other major differences throughout the level if you play it in different ways that I've noticed.

You either just follow the requirements for the "canon" ending where everything ends when Ace gets killed(which is basically not taking too many territories and avoid taking down the Pacifistas during Hancock's section), or you just go around doing really well(by getting most of the terrtories) which will net you the extended final battle where you fight Akainu as a gold-glowing Luffy atop a giant magma hand after Ace gets wounded.

The last scenes are the same for both. Ace dying, Luffy making THAT face, and so forth.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 6:52 pm

yay I can finally play
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:50 pm

So has anyone had the chance to use Brook yet? Is he amazing?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:58 pm

Yeah, he's alright. His running animation's awesome.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 1:11 pm

I played for something like six hours yesterday and I'm currently at Sabaody. =)
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:41 pm

You guys will be done with the game by the time I get it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)   One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Piece: Pirate Warriors Impressions (spoilers)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next