Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dynasty warriors strikeforce first impressions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Dynasty warriors strikeforce first impressions Empty
PostSubject: dynasty warriors strikeforce   Dynasty warriors strikeforce first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 5:39 am

looks pretty sweet i hope it has split screen though

Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Dynasty warriors strikeforce first impressions   Dynasty warriors strikeforce first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:16 pm

So this game is based on the DW6 engine, but don't worry guys its way better as there is a lot more to it

the demo allows you to play 3 missions i've only played the first and 3rd the 3rd is really hard but gives you a much better idea of the game, with the flying combat etc.

you got 6 characters to choose dian wei, xiahou dun, zhou yu, sun shang xiang, zhao yun and ma chao

i only played with xiahou dun (lightning) and zhao yun (ice)

you have weak and strong attack, air dash (can be used 4x consecutively on ground or in air), jump (can be used 3x consecutively), fury, change weapon, block i don't think L2 did anything

fury mode basically makes all your attacks elementally charged and you can jump higher and hit harder, pressing circle again deactivates it you will unleash a musou attack at the same time. you can maintain fury mode by killing more things. using the musou uses half your fury gauge.

you got a town where you can buy more weapons, sell things, upgrade weapons and chi (no idea what this does), storage and an old guy who gives tips

the demo is solo and i couldn't recruit anyone. although there are 3 missions you are reset after each one so can't use the items.
The action is suprisingly fast paced enemies completely swarm you and you have to keep moving constantly. Combat is a lot more interesting i can only compare to dynasty 6 empires but this is a lot more fun and reminds me more of the old games. The giant bosses are fun and your enemies to transform to this really adds to the difficulty. There also seems to be a lives system in place with the first 3 missions allowing you to be defeated 3 x before you fail the mission.

playing the first mission i was not all that impressed as the difficulty is low and everything seems very simple but having played the third mission i am now tempted to get this even though originally i was not going to due to the lack of split screen co op.

any questions feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty warriors strikeforce first impressions   Dynasty warriors strikeforce first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:57 am

online is available in the demo Press start then R1

theres an option there
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty warriors strikeforce first impressions   Dynasty warriors strikeforce first impressions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:30 am

lulz this is probably the only dw game i don't buy Razz
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty warriors strikeforce first impressions   Dynasty warriors strikeforce first impressions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:36 am

I downloaded it, started it, saw those multi-coloured dots all over my character, and then deleted the demo in disgust.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty warriors strikeforce first impressions   Dynasty warriors strikeforce first impressions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:33 pm

multi coloured dots?
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty warriors strikeforce first impressions   Dynasty warriors strikeforce first impressions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:33 pm

I think there were jewels or something on my characters feet and shoulders, each a different colour and each clashing with the whole. It looked hedious.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty warriors strikeforce first impressions   Dynasty warriors strikeforce first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:59 am

oh right i didn't notice that

the fury mode and combat is pretty fun though

i don't thin k theres another game like it so its definitely worth playing a bit
even if your not a fan of the visuals
mind saying that i doubt i'll buy this either
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Dynasty warriors strikeforce first impressions   Dynasty warriors strikeforce first impressions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:29 am