Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tomb Raider: Underworld

Go down 
+2
brandon
A_Nonny_Moose
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Tomb Raider: Underworld Empty
PostSubject: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:13 am

Just started this. It feels like a PS2 game. The character animation is so basic. But the opening is cool. It just sticks you on a boat and asks you to dive into the water and explore. It has a great sense of freedom.

Also, Lara must have had that wetsuit taylor-made because I'm sure a zip that only goes down the cleavage is not standard. In fact I'm pretty sure most of them, if not all of them, open at the back.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:26 am

I like the sonar map thing too.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:57 am

her butt is great, also later some of the platforming bits are stupid because of the controls
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:57 am

Bear in mind that it's based on the Legend engine, and that was released in 2006 on all platforms including PS2... the 360 version got a lot of extra detail in terms of textures and incidental detail, but animation wise there's virtually no difference.

Underworld was alright, but as a conclusion to the Trilogy (Anniversary/Legend/Underworld) it did a pretty poor job. The platforming was more or less identical over the three games, and the way the story was resolved was unsatisfying.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:11 am

Haven't played the other two. There's a recap video but I didn't really follow it. Something about finding Lara's mother or whatever.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:36 pm

With better controls (ie not getting stuck on invisible geometry) that sinking ship level would have been better than the one in Uncharted 3.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:18 pm

All three games have some very strong level design.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:48 pm

Yeah, the Thailand bit is very nice. If the new Tomb Raider is like this I'll have to get it.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:35 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
With better controls (ie not getting stuck on invisible geometry) that sinking ship level would have been better than the one in Uncharted 3.

you'll most likely encounter this later on in a more annoying part if i remember correctly, i don't think the invisible clipping was as bad as the ship, but, the invisible clipping usually led to me dying
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:06 am

The camera in this game really isn't platformer friendly. I just had to jump to a platform that was impossible to see from where I had to jump from. All because the camera is blocked by walls when you're hanging from/standing on a ledge.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:30 am

I do feel bad about killing the tigers.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:37 am

Have you played this yet?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:43 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Have you played this yet?
I was playing legend a bit but i stopped playing cause i got distracted by something.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:56 am

You've inspired me Moose. I'm gonna play this too.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:14 am

There's no way this game came out in 2008. I've been playing for an hour and was under the impression it was a PS2 title.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:55 am

...ok.

You can tell they were trying to make this game almost exactly like Uncharted except for the gunplay and cover system.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 4:01 am

Bollocks. This is Tomb Raider. It's like Tomb Raider. Uncharted is the copy-cat here.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 4:03 am

Ellis the Stampede wrote:
...ok.

You can tell they were trying to make this game almost exactly like Uncharted except for the gunplay and cover system.
I can't believe Doom tried to copy halo.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 4:51 am

This isn't like the PS1 versions. You guys know exactly what I mean. The platforming has been Unchartedized and the treasure system is so similar it's not even funny. This game hardly plays like it's PSX brethren.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 4:53 am

This isn't like the PS1 versions. You guys know exactly what I mean. The platforming has been Unchartedized and the treasure system is so similar it's not even funny. This game hardly plays like it's PSX brethren.

Except this is the third game in the tomb raider legend trilogy. If it weren't for this uncharted wouldn't even exist.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 4:54 am

What's that supposed to mean?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 4:55 am

Superbuu3 wrote:

Except this is the third game in the tomb raider legend trilogy. If it weren't for this uncharted wouldn't even exist.

What's that supposed to mean?

This predates uncharted. As in this current style of tomb raider game.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 4:56 am

People refer to Uncharted as Gears of Dude Raider for a reason though it does sound pretty gay.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 4:57 am

Well I never played the "legend" series so if the earlier ones platform just like this one then I take back what I said about being unchartidized.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 4:58 am

I've not played underworld but adrenaline jumps in legend are fucking awesome and one of the best combat mechanics i've seen in a shooting game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Underworld   Tomb Raider: Underworld Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tomb Raider: Underworld
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next