Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tomb Raider: Legend

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Tomb Raider: Legend Empty
PostSubject: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 1:52 am

Only done the first level and I hope I never have to push a block again. It was a bit awkward in Underworld, but it was clearly refined over the course of tthe games, because here it's just annoying as shit.

There was a lot of action in that first level too. And a QTE.

I miss the sprint button.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:25 am

you'll be pushing more blocks and boulders later
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:37 pm

The shooting is a lot more fun than in Underworld. Th slide and grapple attack and slow motion jumps are all gone in that game. Well, it has the adrenaline thing, but it's not as much fun. That motorcycle section was actually quite good too. This is a decent action game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:29 pm

I told you this was awesome. I can't believe BD hates on the graphics, I think this looks wonderful for a PS2 port. I assume they must have touched up the textures otherwise this looks fantastic for something on PS2. The target icon is the only thing that i find horribly dated. Controls are fine.

Also did you buy this because i said it was good?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:46 pm

I bought it because I enjoyed Underworld.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:51 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I bought it because I enjoyed Underworld.
You complained about it though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:53 pm

I complain about everything.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:03 pm

I deliberately die on the Quicktime events as normally one or two of the death animations are just hilarious. The bike one was probably the best.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:44 pm

i didn't hate on the graphics
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:35 pm

I thought Legend was a better game than Underworld, and the 360 version looks pretty splendid in places.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 12:50 am

I dunno. Legend is really action heavy. I liked the really long uninterrupted platforming/exploration sections in Underworld.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:34 am

you'll like anniversary better than
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:44 am

Ghana was a very nice level.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:19 am

That second motorbike section was too long, and the music was terrible. Still more fun than the Underworld motorbike stuff though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:59 am

Finished the first game last night. I thought it was all round pretty damn awesome, i'm not suprised its the highest acclaimed Tomb raider in the series since Tomb raider 2.

BD you were complaining about the graphics in PMs to me on PSN saying the graphics were the same as the PS2 version which i refuse to believe. Textures must have been updated.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/ps3s-tomb-raider-trilogy-will-have-graphical-advantage-over-xbox-360-versions/
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:11 am

i said they weren't that big of an improvement
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:13 am

Well it looks a helluva lot better then a PS2 game. There's only so much they're gonna do. In Crystal dynamics own words this looks better then the 360 version.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:56 am

Currently working on my second playthrough to collect all rewards. I'll do the time trials after i clean these up. I'm basically missing only the gold rewards.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:06 pm

I can't believe the 360 version would look worse than this. It doesn't look bad, but of all the HD upgrades I've played, this one looks the worst (as in, the worst HD conversion). There's some sort of annoying crosslaced filter over everything and it's not as crisp as the other HD Classic titles.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:17 pm

So is the Legend/Anniversary/Underworld trilogy worth playing if, hypothetically, someone had lost control of their wallet and, again hypothetically, bought them on a Steam sale at some point in the past?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 2:07 am

Just hit a big glitch at the end of the England level. I got all the way through the tomb and back to the big hall and there was nowhere to go. Wandered around but there was literally nothing to do. Looked at a couple guides and there was supposed to be a make-shift elevator there set up by the mercs that I could use, but there was nothing. Had to quit and reload for it to show up.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 4:38 am

Definitely worth playing Neo, legend is absolutely amazing. Its meant to be one of the best TR games. I'll comment on anniversary later. The only problem with legend is its short.

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I can't believe the 360 version would look worse than this. It doesn't look bad, but of all the HD upgrades I've played, this one looks the worst (as in, the worst HD conversion). There's some sort of annoying crosslaced filter over everything and it's not as crisp as the other HD Classic titles.
Your talking nonsense, I don't even know what a cross laced filter is i googled it and this came up:

Spoiler:

Describe what your talking about otherwise i'm gonna assume you messed up your tv.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 5:12 am

There's just a weird filter attached to the character models. I assume it's something to do with antialiasing, but it results in a slight frosted glass-like effect. You know when you see someone behind those windows with the vertical grooves? It's like that. It's pretty faint and only really obvious on the title screen. Usually I'd just assume it was pixelation but the lines are visible across the character models, not just on the edges.

Anniversary doesn't seem to have it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 5:38 am

If i look closely at the intro screen i can notice it. If you're seeing that in game i can only assume your one of those people that just obsesses over something once you noticed it.

I certainly haven't noticed it in gameplay at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Raider: Legend   Tomb Raider: Legend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tomb Raider: Legend
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next