Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baal watches The Big Bang Theory

Go down 
+7
A_Nonny_Moose
Haseoviawesome
Neo
Ellis
Kaede
Superbuu3
Baal
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Empty
PostSubject: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:51 pm

Remember how I say that I always have to watch something awful to enjoy something good? Well I need shit to listen to while playing Lego Star Wars and... ugh, here's my awful thing for the year.

I'm not even a minute into the first episode and this happens.

Quote :
Sheldon: So, if a photon is directed through a plane with two slids in it and either slid is observed, it will not go through both slids. If it's unobserved, it will. However, if it's observed after it's left the plane, but before it hits its target, it will not have gone through boths slids.
Leonard: Agreed. What's your point?
Sheldon: It's no point. I just think it's a good idea for a t-shirt.
*Laugh Track*

Would someone like to explain to me what was funny about that?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 pm

Is that all this fucking show is?

"Oh hey we said a lot of smart things."
*Laugh Track*
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:14 pm

Basically and don't forget ugly people, its very much about that to.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:16 pm

If these two are supposed to be ugly then there shouldn't be any deformities in the world.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:29 pm

It's not even smart most of the time. It's mostly pretty common knowledge.

Also, find youtube clips without the laugh track. That's how it should have been.

Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:31 pm

You just aren't smart enough to get BBT's humor.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:32 pm

Kaede wrote:

Also, find youtube clips without the laugh track. That's how it should have been.

I would watch the show all the time if it was like this.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Kaede wrote:

Now see, I actually chuckled at this probably because I didn't hear a fucking laugh track in my ear. This is part of the reason why Community and Parks and Recreation are enjoyable sitcoms, there's no fucking laugh track to make you think "That was supposed to be a funny moment?", the humor flows on its own and it doesn't feel like they're forcing you to laugh. That's not to say a good sitcom can't have a laugh track (How I Met Your Mother is proof), that's just to say it's really obnoxious when the show is trying to cue you when to laugh.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Oh my god, I'm on the third episode and this is just ridiculous. Why in the hell does one nerd asking another one out have to be a giant fucking chemistry joke? WHy? It's not even funny, it's obnoxious and stupid.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 4:10 pm

If you haven't guessed already, the entire show is like that.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 4:13 pm

Audience laughter is only annoying on shows that aren't funny.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 4:14 pm

No, it's annoying on shows that are funny too but it's mitigated by the show being actually funny.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 4:29 pm

The laugh track on friends never bothered me. I don't think i even really thought twice about it. Its just unfunny shows you really notice it as its like wait that was a joke.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 8:33 pm

Seinfeld had a laugh track and it was never a problem.

So did I'm Alan Patridge and Faulty Towers, so laugh tracks aren't the problem. It's the fucking writing.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 8:44 pm

Point taken.

EDIT: Gotta admit, I do like Rajesh. Most likely because he doesn't talk as much as the others but his whole Thor shtick at the halloween party got some chuckles out of me.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 10:43 pm

You guys should watch Happy Endings. It's like Friends without the laugh track.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 12:39 am

Casa wrote:
Seinfeld had a laugh track and it was never a problem.

So did I'm Alan Patridge and Faulty Towers, so laugh tracks aren't the problem. It's the fucking writing.
I always forget that I'm Alan Partridge has a laugh track.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:15 am

Kaio wrote:
You guys should watch Happy Endings. It's like Friends without the laugh track.
I wouldn't say it's like Friends, it's certainly good but that's a pretty high call.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:30 am

I was more talking about overall tone of the series.

Of course nothing beats Friends in quality.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:33 am

Oh tone wise, yeah it is similar, you can tell it took some inspiration from Friends.

You all should watch it, by the way. It's a solid show.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 3:01 am

Kaio wrote:
Of course nothing beats Friends in quality.

Good one.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 6:55 am

...You guys realize that The Big Bang Theory is filmed in front of a live audience, right?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 7:00 am

It's a pretty gullible live audience then.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 7:12 am

Just about every show with a laugh track is filmed in front of a live audience. That doesn't mean all the laughs are genuine. You have to play with the laughter in editing anyway because a scene can go across multiple shots or takes, but some shows clearly enhance it.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 7:22 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Just about every show with a laugh track is filmed in front of a live audience. That doesn't mean all the laughs are genuine. You have to play with the laughter in editing anyway because a scene can go across multiple shots or takes, but some shows clearly enhance it.

Yeah but you guys are making it seem like every laugh on the show is due to a laugh track, which isn't the case. Also yeah they have to edit the laughing, usually because it can carry over too much and cut off the next line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Big Bang Theory   Baal watches The Big Bang Theory Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baal watches The Big Bang Theory
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next