Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baal watches The Batman

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Baal watches The Batman Empty
PostSubject: Baal watches The Batman   Baal watches The Batman Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:26 am

Just finished Season 1.

I'll probably stream it along with the rest of SSM tomorrow.

Anyways, the episodes were really hit and miss, half of them either being dull and tedious or the other being really well-made and enjoyable. But holy shit, nothing compared to the Season finale with Clayface. I mean, my god I've never seen a more tragic Batman character than this guy. He was also made specifically for the show and since they couldn't get Two-Face he sort of fits the place for the "BEst friend becoming a monster" role.

Really though, now it's time to upload the Second season.

Best Episode: "The Clay Face of Tragedy"

Last edited by I realized...I AM A CRAB! on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Batman   Baal watches The Batman Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:10 am

yeah like i mentioned before this series wasx a bit weird

certain characters were done great i.e. joker
but some of it was just plain shitty
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Batman   Baal watches The Batman Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:28 pm

I finished Season 2 just now... and, HOLY CRAP! The episodes took a major leap in quality. Sure there were some that weren't anything special (Catowman and Penguin Team-Up, Mr. Freeze and Firefly) but damn most of them were so good, but that's mainly because Joker, Clayface and the Riddler showed up.

Every Joker and Clayface episode was pure gold (Except for maybe the Solomon Grundy Episode, but that was a decent one) and the two episodes with Riddler in them were great. Even if he does look like Marilyn Manson he's fuckwin.

So... how did people not like this show? Besides the Joker. Sure, not all of the designs were great but my god Season 2 proved if anything else that this became well-written show.

Oh well, I've still got three Seasons to go, let's hope it continues in quality.

Best Episode: "The Laughing Bat tied with Strange Minds"
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Batman   Baal watches The Batman Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:37 pm

for me personally
i didn't like the animation style
and i'm pretty sure brucie refers to himself as the batman which bugged me

i also guess having been brought up on BTAS which is literally slap bang rightin the middle of my childhood along with 90s spidey its impossible for me to judge this fairly

i admit theres probably a huge bias
either way BTAS was critically acclaimed to standards no other cartoon was, so this cartoon even if it was great will never reach the high opinion of BTAS
which i'm pretty sure is like the most higly regarded superhero cartoon of all time
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Batman   Baal watches The Batman Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:42 pm

Quote :
and i'm pretty sure brucie refers to himself as the batman which bugged me

It does get annoying how everyone keeps saying, THE BATMAN.

Quote :
i admit theres probably a huge bias
[quote]

Dude, I grew up on that show too. In fact it is the reason I have a thing for girls with Brooklyn accents... courtesy of Harley.

Quote :
which i'm pretty sure is like the most higly regarded superhero cartoon of all time

I agree, it isn't as good as BTAS nor will it reach the critical acclaim of it, but it deserves some credit.

For the love of God, this is the only animated series which made Joker into Batman.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Batman   Baal watches The Batman Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:51 pm

yeah i think its kinda unfair
the joker in this is brilliant

but i mean i think every single batman incarnation is pretty much gonna be compared to BTAS
and unlike other classic cartoons its aged really well
i mean 90s spidey one of my fave cartoons of all time comes across as a bit camp and cheesy (i still love it though)
BTAS well last time i saw it still had a great air to it

batman has generally had decent cartoon portrayals, i mean even brave and bold was cool with its really original pacing and styling, but at the same time i couldn't take the show seriously even though i know it was meant to be that way
it kinda meant i didn't really bother to watch many episodes

even batman in JL and JLU was great and i really enjoyed his episodes

so i guess a large part of this series not getting the credit it deserves is due to the fact batman is just generally done well

oh also i heard a lot of ppl got turned off by 'the batmans' almost anime styling

oh yeah also forgot batman beyond which i also loved and bruce wayne as an old man was still great
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Batman   Baal watches The Batman Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:56 pm

Quote :
i mean 90s spidey one of my fave cartoons of all time comes across as a bit camp and cheesy (i still love it though)

It brings a lot of nostalgia to me, but when I look at it now.... it is a bad cartoon. The animation was horrible at times, the voice-acting was beyond the limits of hammy, the censorship really fucked with it too, they couldn't even handle Carnage right because no one in the show was allowed to die and if anyone knows anything about Carnage, they know that Carnage without murder is like the Joker without mind raping.

They're perfect for each other, removing one from the other is a terrible decision.

Quote :
i couldn't take the show seriously even though i know it was meant to be that way

There are some episodes that cut down on the humor and get serious, the last few episodes of Season 1 and a few Season 2 episodes being this.

Quote :
oh also i heard a lot of ppl got turned off by 'the batmans' almost anime styling

Ehhh, it's sort of like Japanese Cartoons, but it's still mostly western.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Batman   Baal watches The Batman Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:09 pm

I AM THE BATMAN! wrote:
Quote :
i couldn't take the show seriously even though i know it was meant to be that way

There are some episodes that cut down on the humor and get serious, the last few episodes of Season 1 and a few Season 2 episodes being this.
i'll probably check a few more episodes out in that case

Quote :
Quote :

Ehhh, it's sort of like Japanese Cartoons, but it's still mostly western.
i can see why ppl thought it had a slight anime influence
aside from that i did think ppl were bitching way too much about that at the time
actually the more i think about it
i think i just had a few small issues with the show that collectively bugged me
cause i can't think of any major problems off the top of my head
i mean me hating the penguin is because i despise that character and i hate him always
and aside from that i didn't hate anything else
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal watches The Batman   Baal watches The Batman Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:11 pm