Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough

Go down 
+4
Skip
Ace
Kaio
A_Nonny_Moose
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:02 am

Oh now I remember Willow being a lesbian. She gets an ugly girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:03 am

I Robot, You Jane is the worst episode in the series.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:06 am

Surely that would be Teacher's Pet. I Robot, You Jane is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:07 am

I vaguely remember that episode. All I remember is someone scanning a magic book and the demon getting into the computer, because the scanning the book somehow counts as the computer reading it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:09 am

Yep, willow does exactly that.

Okay on reflection, maybe 8 is pushing it. But it's certainly not below a 6. Xander and Buffy hanging out sans Willow made it fun to watch and the final scene was genuinely funny.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:09 am

I thought ms calender was really hot, not seen her lately but i probably still would.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Teacher's slightly edges it out by not being a Very Special Episode with a stupid robot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:12 am

Kaio wrote:
Teacher's slightly edges it out by not being a Very Special Episode with a stupid robot.

It's hardly a Very Special Episode. The chatroom aesop is barely touched upon beyond Xander and Buffy joking about it.

Teacher's Pet is about rape. Now that's Very Special Episode territory.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:13 am

THEY ARE BOTH BAD OKAY

And Ms. Calendar is awesome. Perfect foil for Giles.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:15 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
I thought ms calender was really hot, not seen her lately but i probably still would.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 250px-Jenny%28buffy%29
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:20 am

Yeah she's hot.

There's a look i really like and she's got it. Annoyingly I never meet girls with that look. So i just have to go out with random brunettes. I considered making them get that look but i'd feel guilty about doing that.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 3:30 am

The Puppet Show - Series One, Episode Nine

Notes:
- Oh boy, puppets. Too bad Goosebumps scared all the puppet related fear out of me forever.
- Giles has to judge a talent show. What a wacky situation.
- Uh oh, now the Power Trio is in the talent show. What a wacky situation.
- "They give me the wig", taken out of context, sounds like an STD.
- "I. Will. Be. Flesh." Okay, that's kind of cool.
- An episode revolving the gang investigating a regular old murder would be interesting. They seem genuinely frightened that the murderer could be human rather than a monster.
- Laziest effect ever. A chandelier drops onto Buffy, she looks up and sees it flying toward her, commercial break, she's knocked on the floor underneath it.
- So Sid's a demon hunter who was turned into a dummy. Jesus.
- It ends with them all killing the demon backstage. Then the curtain pulls away and the entire audience is there. Principal Snyder remakrs that he "doesn't get it". Over the credits, Buffy, Xander and Willow attempt a reading of Oedipus Rex. Badly.

Episode Rating:

8/10

Almost entirely for the twist that the dummy was a demon hunter and not actually evil. I really liked the end as well.

Character Rating:

Buffy: 9/10
- I'm betting that Buffy has an amazing singing voice.
- Wow, SMG has some decent comedy chops. The inflection on her voice when she said "duraflame log" was actually really good.
- It's good to know that Buffy is afraid of something at least.
- Turns out Buffy never sings. Shame. Maybe there will be a Musical episode like Scrubs did.

Buffy's Mum: 0/10
- boring

Willow: 8/10
- She can play the piano. I can't help but feel that instead of a song, Buffy could perform superhuman acrobatics while Willow plays musical accompaniment.
- I love how she scampers off stage in panic when she forgets her lines in Oedipus Rex.

Xander: 10/10
- I can't decide whether Xander will turn out to have a good singing voice or not. I'll just have to wait and see.
- Xander's great with the puppet, but I bet it's going to kick his ass.
- Or maybe not.

Giles: 9/10
- Giles was there this episode. Nothing really stood out.

Cordelia: 0/10
- Haha Cordelia can't sing. Sucks to be her.

Principal Snyder: 7/10
- What a dick. I'm getting some major "He's gonna become a monster" vibe. MEGA SNYDER!?
- What's wrong with his nose, ewwww.
- His remark at the end made me laugh. That gets him some points.

Morgan (human) and Sid (puppet): Morgan's a 3. Sid's a 10. God damn.
- Puppet and puppet master who will inevitably be evil.
- If my puppet suddenly gained sentience while I was on stage, I wouldn't roll with it. Just sayin'.
- Sid's voice reminds Morgan of his dad's voice. ALARM BELLS.
- Morgan wants to help Sid become real by stealing people's hearts... why exactly? What's in it for him?
- What the hell! Sid is a demon hunter who got transformed into a living dummy. Unbelievable. Sid believed Buffy was a demon, that's why he tried to kill her. If he kills all the demons (he's already killed six of the seven) who turned him into a dummy, he will become a human and die.
- Sid kills himself by harvesting the heart from the demon, which finally lets him die.

Mark the Demon: 5/10
- A failed magician who turns out to be Chekov's gunman. He was the demon all along.
- Didn't see it coming in the slightest. To be fair, I don't think any could since they go out of there way to exonerate all the performers and then go back on it right at the end.
- They kill him with his own guillotine.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 2:12 pm

Rad Bus wrote:
Maybe there will be a Musical episode like Scrubs did.

Quote :
On the other hand, others thought the music felt forced.[20] Inevitably, almost all reviews, both positive and negative, compared the episode to Buffy the Vampire Slayer‘s musical episode, "Once More, with Feeling."[3][18][19][20] This comparison was also made by Bill Lawrence, who credits Buffy for inspiring Scrubs' propensity for 'big' episodes (such as this one, the multi-camera "My Life in Four Cameras", and the Wizard of Oz parody "My Way Home").[3]

And yes, SMG is at her best when she gets to do comedy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:59 am

Nightmares - Series One, Episode Ten

Notes:
- Uh oh, Vampire Master episode.
- So Buffy has a father. I assumed he was dead or a vampire or something.
- Buffy sees a vision of The Anointed One in class shortly before a student gets attacked by tarantulas.
- So people's nightmares become real, oh nooooooo.
- I wonder if one person's nightmare is to be naked in public.
- Some girl gets the shit kicked out of her by some sort of goblin monster that yells "Lucky Nineteen!" just before it charges her.
- Fucking called it. Xander's nightmare is being naked in public. Okay, not quite naked. Just in his underwear.
- Someone spray painted a bunch of Swastika's all over the school. I don't know why.
- How did they get Vampire Buffy to the hospital? It's daylight outside! She evens stands in a sunbeam and nothing happens.
- So does everyone forget that Sunnydale was attacked by giant insects.

Episode Rating
7/10

Solid episode. Could've been better, could've been a lot worse.

Character Ratings

Buffy: 8/10
- Buffy has some sort of nightmare (heh, get it) about the Vampire Master.
- I like SMG with pigtails.
- Buffy has loads of different nightmares: Getting killed by the Vampire Monster, having to take a test she didn't study for, and being blamed by her father for her parents' divorce.
- Her other other nightmare is being buried alive.
- Her other other other nightmare is being turned into a vampire.

Buffy's Mum: 0/10
- Does she even have a name?

Buffy's Dad ("Hank Summers"): 6/10
- Is hauntingly normal.
- Oh god, Buffy's nightmare is going to be that she's the blame for her parents divorce. He's going to tell her that.
- Called it. Hank, how could you? He calls her out for being rude, sullen, and stupid. Fucking hell this is hard to watch.
- I'm glad he turned out to be a nice guy.

Willow: 8/10
- Willow's nightmare is being on stage. She gets thrown on stage and introduced as a world-class soprano. They're pushing it with these nightmares.

Xander: 10/10
- "You da man, Buff."

Quote :
Wendel: They're not spiders, they're Arachnids.
Xander: From the Middle East?

-Genius.
- He gets led into a trap by a trail of fucking candy bars for god's sake.
- His other nightmare is a killer clown wielding a knife. But Xander's such a badass that he just turns around and punches the fucker.

Giles: 10/10
- His nightmare is being unable to read.
- Giles' other nightmare is that Buffy gets killed. Aww.

Cordelia: 0/10
- When is she going to grow a personality beyond hyper bitch?
- Cordelia's nightmare is that her hair is frizzy. God help her.

Billy Palmer, the Weird Kid: 1/10
- I hope his power is only the ability to randomly summon spiders, and not to simply bring people's nightmares to life. That would interesting. He'd be some sort of Spider... boy.
- He is the one making people's nightmares come to life. Alas, Spiderboy, it was not meant to be.
- Turns out he's in a coma and he's astrally projecting himself around Sunnydale. Unfortunately, he's also bringing people's nightmares to life too.
- His number on his baseball jersey is 19. He's called Lucky 19 by his coach.
- His coach is the goblin monster. His coach blamed him for losing a baseball game, and then beat Billy into a coma.

Goblin Monster: 1/10
- He's a representation of Billy's nightmares come to life. Basically, he just runs around hitting people with a 2x4.
- Man, the coach is a diiiiiiiiick.

Colin (The Anointed One) and Vampire Master: -5/10
- hurrrrrrrrrrr durrrrrrrrrrrrrr
- Finally, the Vampire Master actually shows up on the surface. He's free because Billy brings nightmares to life and that's a good enough excuse for Whedon.
- The Vampire Master proceeds to bury Buffy alive and laugh in the most incredibly annoying, squeaky way possible. I hope he gets killed in the season finale so that we get a decent villain for once.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:33 am

I'm gonna start streamlining these.

Out of Mind, Out of Sight - Season One, Episode Eleven

Notes
- I was worried from the beginning, since this seemed to be a Cordelia-centric episode. It didn't turn out so bad. I'm still not a fan of Cordelia, but I know she goes onto play a bigger part in the future, I see this as 'step one'.
- Marcie was a pretty good villain. Sure, the weird little bullied kid getting their revenge on the bully isn't the most original plot ever, but her plans to carve open Cordelia's face so Cordelia would never be forgotten was chilling.
- I'm gonna be honest, I fell asleep a little ways into the episode and woke and when it was almost over. Maybe that's why I liked it so much.
- Buffy looks gooood in a choker.
- Angel's random appearance served no purpose at all. He could have delivered the Codex to Giles anonymously and rescued them after they passed out and it would have been the same. It would have made his inevitable reappearance in the Season Finale more impressive.
- The ending with the FBI was complete shit. They came out of nowhere and the entire thing was treated with no reverence at all. "Oh, cool, you're with the FBI? Ok, see ya."
- Hey guys, remember those Shemantis eggs?

Episode Rating:

8/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:34 am

Prophecy Girl - Series One, Episode Twelve

Notes:

- I figured out why I like Xander so much: he's Chandler. Their names rhyme and everything.
- Giles concern for Buffy's safety is genuinely endearing.
- Damn, I wanted Xander to end up with Buffy. They get on better so much better than her and Angel.
- There was some pretty stellar acting in this episode from Anthony Head, SMG and the rest of the cast here.
- I realized that I like Buffy more than Willow now. Buffy's grown and developed as a character while Willow's remained stagnant. I know Willow changes later (lesbianism), but right now I prefer Buffy.
- I love the scene where Xander confronts Angel and basically tells him to shut up and quite being such a miserable cryptic bastard.
- If the Master Vampire was written like he was in this episode all season then I would like him as a character. Unfortunately, earlier in the season he's campy ham who like ham the ham. I hope the next season has a higher calibre villain.
- Of course they use CPR to save Buffy. Fucking magical TV CPR. (I get that it wasn't the CPR that saved her but her magical Slayer powers)
- Vampires can hurl people across rooms, but a whole swarm of them can't push open a door that's being held shut by three 90 pound women?
- Haha fuck me. I was legitimately pumped when the theme song started playing in the episode.
- The Hellmouth beast is the stupidest looking thing in the show.
- Man, Principal Snyder is gonna freak when he sees the mess they made.

Episode Rating:

9/10

This is undoubtedly my favorite episode of the season. It would have gotten a 10 if it wasn't a couple of niggling details and that fucking hydra tentacle monster that appeared out of nowhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:41 am

Season One Episode Rankings:

1. Prophecy Girl (9/10)
2. Angel (8/10)
3. Welcome to the Hellmouth (8/10)
4. Out of Sight, Out of Mind (8/10)
5. The Puppet Show (8/10)
6. Nightmares (7/10)
7. Never Kill a Boy on the First Date (7/10)
8. The Pack (7/10)
9. The Harvest (7/10)
10. I Robot... You Jane (6/10)
11. The Witch (5/10)
12. Teacher's Pet (2/10)

Season One Rating:

6.8/10

Yeah, that's about right. It was decent enough at introducing the characters and the concepts of the show, but was held back by some shitty episodes and some terrible monsters. I look forward to what I hear is a stark improvement in the second season.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 7:05 am

I think season 2 is the one with Seth Green.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 7:37 am

Is that a good or bad thing?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 7:53 am

Can't really remember.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 8:10 am

Rad Bus wrote:
- I figured out why I like Xander so much: he's Chandler.
Yep, more or less. Xander's the man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:01 am

When She Was Bad - Series Two, Episode One

Notes:
- Xander and Willow almost kiss. I think we all know that's never gonna work.
- Xander's a fucking champion. He bitchslapped a vampire.
- I totally knew there was going to be a thing between Giles and Ms. Calender.
- Buffy's acting manic and bloodthirsty. I hope this doesn't become a case of 'she came back wrong!!!'.
- I don't know if I like her with shorter hair yet. It might grow on me.
- Oh damn, The Anointed One is still kicking around. Maybe he'll be interesting this season.
- Ah, so Angel was the precursor to the Twilight idea that it is romantic to sneak into girls' rooms at night and watch them sleep.
- Angel became dangerously close to growing a personality in the Season One finale, it's a shame that's all gone now.
- Angry, angsty Buffy had better be a phase. I'd just grown to like her last season.
- God help me if they revive the Master less than one episode after he was killed.
- Yeah, I definitely think I like Buffy's new hair.
- Angel's back to sulking in the background and jutting out his jaw and Buffy's back to being an unlikable bitch. So much for progress.
- Wow, of all people, it's Cordelia calls Buffy out for being a bitch. Good to know at least she's developing as a character.
- I liked the little double take the vampires did when Buffy suddenly interrupted the ritual.
- I don't get how stakes work. Does any wood work? Why is it that sometimes Vampires vanish into dust and other times they don't?
- Hopefully smashing all the bones will get all the angst out of Buffy's system.
- This episode almost feels like it would be a better Season Finale, considering it's just resolving stuff from the previous episode.
- Wait a minute. Did I see Spike in the classroom at the end?

Episode Rating

8/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:31 am

Some Assembly Required - Series Two, Episode Two

Notes:
- I'm assuming this is the robot episode from the title?
- I'm glad that old (cool) Buffy is back. Angel also seems to returned to his semi-tolerable self.
- A vampire has a clear shot of an unsuspecting Buffy's back and he just sorta pushes her over. Priorities.
- Xander and Buffy take turns ripping the piss out of Giles for being afraid to ask out Ms. Calender. How dare they.
- There's this guy Eric who walks around taking candid photos of people for his 'private collection'. I'm pretty sure that's a sex crime nowadays.
- Eric seems to be friends with Science nerd Chris - a guy who's older brother died. During a conversation about girls, they imply they prefer 'em dead. Man, that's fucked up.
- B Y O Shovel
- "Sorry, but I'm an old-fashioned gal. I was raised to believe that men dig up the corpses and the women have the babies."
- So it turns out Chris and Eric are building a girl out of corpses because Chris' Frankenbrother - whom they previously revived - needs a mate.
- Cordelia just keeps getting more and more involved in the A plots.

Episode Rating

6/10

Last edited by Sarbud on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:36 am

Next episode will be your first 10/10
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:40 am

First time I've seen the topic and frankly, I always thought it was called Buffy: The Vampire Slayer".

P.S. I didn't bother reading any other posts before mines if that helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough   Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel Watchthrough
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next