Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recently did a watchthrough of Community.

Go down 
+3
Skip
A_Nonny_Moose
Talking Sock
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Empty
PostSubject: Recently did a watchthrough of Community.   Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:30 am

I had seen a good handful of episodes(mostly from season 2 and 3) way back and enjoyed them, so I decided to do a proper run through of the show. It took a while to get season 3 from my local library, but I finally saw it.

Anyway, it is a solid show overall, although I wouldn't be surprised if the slightly raised bar on the zaniness for S3 would bother some people. Not me, though. I was okay with that.

However, If there's one thing I have to complain about, it'd be Britta. And not just because she's a hipster doofus, but because she has so many moments where her jokes fall flat and wind up being cringe-worthy. Whenever she talks in that dopey voice(such as when she goes "Britta for the win") or does some stupid dance, these moments are the sort of bits where you'd feel genuinely embarassed if you were watching them alongside a friend.

Anyway, for favourite eps from each season, they'd be:

S1:
- Environmental Science
- Contemporary American Poultry
- Modern Warefare

S2:
- Basic Rocket Science
- Epidemiology
- Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design
- Advanced Dungeons & Dragons
- Intermediate Documentary Filmmaking
- Paradigms of Human Memory
- For a Few Paintballs More(Part 1)

S3:
- Documentary Filmmaking: Redux
- Pillows and Blankets
- Digital Estate Planning

Last edited by SOK on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently did a watchthrough of Community.   Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 4:32 pm

Quote :
However, If there's one thing I have to complain about, it'd be Britta.

Quote :
Anyway, for favourite eps from each season, they'd be:

S3:
- Pillows and Blankets
You're the worst.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Recently did a watchthrough of Community.   Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Pfft.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently did a watchthrough of Community.   Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 5:24 am

It could be worse Moose, he could have said the Halloween episode.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently did a watchthrough of Community.   Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:54 pm

No love for the dice? There's another i loved in season 3 can't remember what it was right now though.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently did a watchthrough of Community.   Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 3:26 pm

Skip wrote:
Pillows and Blankets is the single worst episode of Community to date, so no it couldn't have been worse. The S3 halloween episode was okay, but it was missing Britta in another amazing mascot outfit.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently did a watchthrough of Community.   Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 3:36 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Skip wrote:
Pillows and Blankets is the single worst episode of Community to date, so no it couldn't have been worse. The S3 halloween episode was okay, but it was missing Britta in another amazing mascot outfit.
Do you really think so? Pillows and Blankets is certainly down there with the less good episodes, but the Halloween episode was the worst Community episode. The worst. The redeeming thing is it's where the whole 'Britta' meaning cock up thing came from.

I liked the whole historical documentary thing that Pillows and Blankets had going on, and also Jeff's role in the whole affair. However forced the conclusion seemed.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Recently did a watchthrough of Community.   Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 3:39 pm

Abed is Jesus is the worst episode.

Also Britta for the win.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently did a watchthrough of Community.   Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 3:42 pm

Every Christmas episode was crap IIRC. Halloween 1 and 3 were really really bad as was pillows and lankets I didn't mind the first part IIRC the second one was really bad. Oh yeah and the "meta" episode really pissed me off the whole abed = jesus thing. The whole way he was quirky and cool in season 2 made him drop down severely in characters i like.

When i think bad episodes all of those pop to mind.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently did a watchthrough of Community.   Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 3:43 pm

I didn't like anything about Pillows and Blankets. It was well produced and all that, it was just a terrible, terrible core idea.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Recently did a watchthrough of Community.   Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Every Christmas episode was crap IIRC. Halloween 1 and 3 were really really bad as was pillows and lankets I didn't mind the first part IIRC the second one was really bad. Oh yeah and the "meta" episode really pissed me off the whole abed = jesus thing. The whole way he was quirky and cool in season 2 made him drop down severely in characters i like.

Halloween 1 was amazing.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Recently did a watchthrough of Community.   Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 8:54 pm

Kaio wrote:
Abed is Jesus is the worst episode.

This I have to agree with. Lucky that I pushed myself to give Community another shot as that was like the first episode I ever saw when it was on TV. Could have just dropped the show after that sitting through that piece of disappointment.

Quote :
Also Britta for the win.

Normal, grounded Britta for the win. "Rage against the machines!/ME SO HUNGRY" kooky Britta can get dialed back a bit. Acting stupid doesn't suit her.

Superbuu3 wrote:
No love for the dice? There's another i loved in season 3 can't remember what it was right now though.

Yeah, that one was decent(even if Britta acted like her annoying self quite a bit in that ep).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently did a watchthrough of Community.   Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 12:43 am

Kaio wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

Halloween 1 was amazing.
I forgot about the batman being in that one for some reason all i could remember was that bit where they make things dance across the screen and i hated slater. Its nowhere near the worst generally speaking i weren't too keen on it though.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Recently did a watchthrough of Community.   Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:06 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Every Christmas episode was crap IIRC.

Christmas 1 was the fight episode, it ruled.

Christmas 2 was the claymation episode, it ruled.

Halloween 1 ruled.

For the rest I agree: Christmas 3 was mediocre. Pillows and Blankets was underwhelming. Jesus Abed is easily the worst episode of the entire show.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Recently did a watchthrough of Community.   Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:07 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
I forgot about the batman being in that one for some reason all i could remember was that bit where they make things dance across the screen and i hated slater. Its nowhere near the worst generally speaking i weren't too keen on it though.

BatAbed was in the foosball episode too. 'Twas pretty good.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently did a watchthrough of Community.   Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:16 am

Britta single-handedly saved Christmas 3.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Recently did a watchthrough of Community.   Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:27 am

I can't wait for season 4's Halloween and Christmas episodes.

Which air in February and May.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Recently did a watchthrough of Community.   Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 4:04 am

OCTOBER 19 IS A STATE OF MIND
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently did a watchthrough of Community.   Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 4:23 am

Oh god I forgot about Abed is Jesus. Yeah that was worse than Halloween 3.
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Official Sandwich Maker
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: Recently did a watchthrough of Community.   Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:50 am

My favourite episode would be that d&d one, I cry myself laughing every time. Pierce is just awesome man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently did a watchthrough of Community.   Recently did a watchthrough of Community. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recently did a watchthrough of Community.
Page 1 of 1