Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi

Go down 
+14
Skip
Rockstar_Sinistar
Ellis
Zero
Fdsgfsg
Baal
Mewmaster
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Savage
L Ron Hubbard
Kaio
Neo
Talking Sock
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:15 pm

Is it going to play like the budokai tenkaichi games?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 9:42 pm

This is going to sell like crazy now.

Thats sincere BTW, thats like a DB fans wet dream.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 10:33 pm

That's awful.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 10:51 pm

...k, I might get UT now. *is mobbed to death*

But seriously, I get it after a price drop. Saints 3 will be occupying my time for like, A long fucking time anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 2:12 am

It's a character mix and match. Yaaay.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 2:18 am

Hey dudez, now we can make our Dragon Ball fanfic characters. My life is complete.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 6:54 pm

Zero wrote:
Hey dudez, now we can make our Dragon Ball fanfic characters. My life is complete.

You jest, but that's exactly what I was thinking watching that.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 7:00 pm

You can only make Saiyans to boot as the game has an original story mode(a few of the recent videos have closer looks at that Great Ape Baby fight) and at some point they learn how to transform into a super saiyan, meaning other races wouldn't work.

I have to admit, though, it's neat how they're doing two story modes. A full blown one of DBZ like usual and that Hero Mode's original one. It's so unfortunate that it's all wasted on the one game where they decided to ruin the gameplay. What the hell, guys?
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 8:48 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Zero wrote:

Haha, actually I really was too. That's probably the only redeemable thing about that palette swap thing.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 8:51 pm

Zero wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:
Zero wrote:

Haha, actually I really was too. That's probably the only redeemable thing about that palette swap thing.
Why do you think it was implemented?

It covers the thing it was meant to do, I'd personally call that a successful feature.

Sure people can complain about the fighting engine but this game seems to be doing a few other things very right.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 8:58 pm

It'll be worth a rental at least; I reckon I could spend a few hours making DBD's characters and simulating some fights.

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 9:09 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
It'll be worth a rental at least; I reckon I could spend a few hours making DBD's characters and simulating some fights.

I'm assuming there will be a demo the raging blast games both had one IIRC. If the fighting isn't as stop-start as the videos showed then i might pick it up.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 9:29 pm

The stop / start stuff just seems like an attempt to make the fights more dramatic. For instance, the follow up and teleport attacks seem to trigger a half second cutscene now whereas is BT3 and the like, the game just carried on. I'd wager the fights will still flow fairly well, they're just adding some visual candy that won't actually affect the timing of the fighting engine much.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 10:01 pm

I also hope we don't end up having a rock/paper/scissors element to the fight, like we got in those dragon rushes in B3.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:23 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
I also hope we don't end up having a rock/paper/scissors element to the fight, like we got in those dragon rushes in B3.

Oh I hated those. I don't think those were in BT2 which was my favorite of those.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:55 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:

I'm assuming there will be a demo the raging blast games both had one IIRC. If the fighting isn't as stop-start as the videos showed then i might pick it up.

Nope, they announced a while back on their facebook or whatever that there will be no demo.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 9:45 am

Do we need a demo?

The gameplay is just another revision to a fighting engine that's been with us for six or seven years now. I doubt anyone needs a demo to decide if they'll want it or not.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 10:08 am

SimianWonder wrote:
Do we need a demo?

The gameplay is just another revision to a fighting engine that's been with us for six or seven years now. I doubt anyone needs a demo to decide if they'll want it or not.

Technically, the engine introduced in RB is a slightly different one to the engine used in the original Tenkaichi games. That one was slightly more refined and didn't feel that uncomfortable(although the first Tenkaichi did have a sluggish feel, no?).

The similar yet different engine for the new games(excluding Tag Team on PSP which uses the old one) is a really clunky, unrefined one. The whole system now feels like an unpolished overhaul and the movement feels very off.

Regarding the demo, it's really only to check out how bad or not the new additions to the gameplay are. It's surprising that they're not even bothering with one this time with such a direction taken. They could have added one of the giant battles in the demo too to test the new feature out.

Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 10:22 am

Yes, BT felt slow and unresponsive, but BT2 made giant strides in terms of polish and depth. I enjoyed RB, despite it's flaws though RB2 didn't seem to offer enough new to make it worthwhile. As I said above, this'll be worth at least a rental.

I'm also interested to know what you're basing this off;

Quote :
The whole system now feels like an unpolished overhaul and the movement feels very off.

Obviously you've not played it, so how can you make a statement like that about a game which isn't out yet? Are you basing it on the footage seen in the video? If so, then is that not unfair? There's no way you can get a "feel" for the engine by watching a video of it. I'm not going to say you're entirely wrong, because you may not be, and some of RBs slightly cumbersome faults may remain but the fact remains that you cannot with 100% certainty say that UTs engine will feel like RB2s did.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 10:41 am

You've misread. I was in no way implying that UT itself was going to feel clunky.

I wasn't speaking of any specific game, I was referring to the engine they've been consecutively using these days for each console installment: the one in RB and RB2, which was clunky and unpolished. I have no clue how UT, the new game itself, will feel, although I can get a good guess based on the fact that it seems to be reusing that same unrefined engine, but for all I know it could actually stop feeling lousy in this upcoming installment and I hope that will actually be the case.

Although, I do feel some doubt in it being any more polished than in its predecessors, because again they're putting all their efforts in adding content, new unnecessary gameplay elements and updating graphical features. With the very short time span they have, I'm worried that once again it'll remain as uncomfortable as it was before.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 10:53 am

All very valid concerns.

Perhaps I'm being hopelessly optimistic in hoping that this will be the definitive Tenkaichi style game - goodness knows it looks lovely - and that the CaC mode will at least inject something new to a DB game rather than just repeating the story mode ad infinitum.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:03 am

It really isn't healthy to be optimistic over a Spike game anymore. A part of you just dies inside once you finally get your hands on it. It's safer to be really skeptical so you can either wind up feeling awesome when you're right or extremely happy if you're wrong. It's a win/win route.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:06 am

SOK wrote:
It really isn't healthy to be optimistic over a Spike game anymore. A part of you just dies inside once you finally get your hands on it. It's safer to be really skeptical so you can either wind up feeling awesome when you're right or extremely happy if you're wrong. It's a win/win route.
Mr. Cynicism here has a point. Though you also just end up losing interest and risk missing out completely.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:08 am

Skip wrote:
SOK wrote:
Mr. Cynicism here has a point.

That's Dr. Wise Words to you, Skippy, you darn rascal of a kangaroo, you.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:10 am

SOK wrote:
Skippy, you darn rascal of a kangaroo
Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Kangar10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next