Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi

Go down 
+14
Skip
Rockstar_Sinistar
Ellis
Zero
Fdsgfsg
Baal
Mewmaster
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Savage
L Ron Hubbard
Kaio
Neo
Talking Sock
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:25 pm

You're like a guy who brings a box of wine to a party and then hates on people drinking beer for being "uncultured".
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:57 pm

Remember that time in DBZ: Ultimate Tenkaichi when I pressed a button and it did a thing?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 5:06 pm

Thought I'd best be bringing my thoughts here rather than in the "bitch about YLOD" topic.

Anyway, despite the rather shallow and repetitive nature of UT, I can't deny I actually do find it fun. The Hero mode (CaC) initially offers very little customisation, though playing through does add quite a few more. The game offers three different Hero styles; Standard, Light and Heavy. Standard is exactly that, light makes you very small (think Gotenks) and Heavy leans more towards Broly / #16. Annoyingly though, anything you unlock in one doesn't carry over to the others. So you could spend hours unlocking the standard Hero, only to find your Heavy hero starts from scratch.

Also, and this is almost criminal, you can only have one of each type. Sure, you can edit the Hero at any time, so you can literally change the Hero as you wish, but this means you cannot do Vs matches between CaCs of the same type. Gone are my hopes of doing something to tie in with the DBD fic. It's also missing a few options that you'd expect to be there; you cannot create females, only males, and the Hero is always a saiyan. There's no option to remove his tail, and while you can unlock a Super Saiyan form, that's the highest you can go. No SSJ2 or 3, though you can unlock the relevant auras if you just want some pretty lightning. Given how large the boosts are for the SSj forms, this means a CaC (and most of the cast come to think of it) will always be unable to match the damage output of SSj3 Goku, Gotenks or even the SSJ2s.

I haven't even touched Story mode yet.

I don't want to sound too down on the game; as I said, despite the flaws, I am enjoying it and CaC genuinely has potential... I just hope we get to see it fulfilled, be it via DLC or more likely in a few years time with a different DBZ title.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Is there not a create a character for a guest slot or another play on the system when you load up the game. I mean i know its not ideal, but if you could create characters on two different files you could probably have your match ups.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Say what you will about the game, it gets some things spot on. Among them, the level of destruction as a result of your attacks.

Here, the trough is the result of a Kamehameha...
Spoiler:

And here, the various smoking craters are what's left after a Barrage type attack...
Spoiler:

These aren't just short lived either, the effects stay for the duration of the fight. You can literally carve up the entire battlefield if the fight went on long enough.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 7:03 pm

That scar from the Kamehameha is actually really cool.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Ooo destructible environments i'm suddenly interested.

So can you have splitscreen fights or something on this?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 7:47 pm

Quote :
That scar from the Kamehameha is actually really cool.

Agreed, hence why I thought it worthy of posting.

There are three basic types of environmental damage; beam (creating a trough like the kamehameha above), impact crater (a single huge crater, caused by something like Vegeta's Big Bang Attack) and the smaller craters, as seen in the screenshot above. When one of the attacks is fired off you often see a really cool scene of the landscape in the immediate aftermath, smoke and dust billowing up, electricity discharging as small lightning shocks in the immediate area... yeah, it's nothing if not cinematic. The special techniques really do feel like they can wreck planets.

Superbuu3 wrote:
Ooo destructible environments i'm suddenly interested.

So can you have splitscreen fights or something on this?

So far, I've literally only tried training mode (because the game mechanics are completely different to any DBZ game before) and Hero Mode (hence the CaCs in the pics), so I'm not sure if there's splitscreen, though I'd assume so. Not tried Story or Online modes either. Again, the actual mechanics are pretty limited, but there's a crapton of content.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: I can't find Simian's topics about ultimate tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 4:14 pm

I thought i'd grab it. So Simian I hope you still have it and don't mind winning fights against me.

HOpefully should arrive during next week i can't tell what will happen to the postal service on a bank holiday weekend.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 4:43 pm

https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/t13478p100-nyeeeeeeeeehnew-db-game-trailer

I still have it. It was a fun but very brief distraction from far better titles.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 4:51 pm

Thanks renamed the topic as that was too irritating to find. Hopefully this is fun if its crap i'll just trade it in straight away, i just wanted to try it out as i haven't played a DBZ game since BT3 which was years ago now.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Hero Mode is a laugh, just a pity it wasn't expanded on more - the CaC options are rather limited, but I had some fun re-enacting fights with my DBD warriors. Especially fun watching Simihan and Kaiolino going at it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 5:19 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Hero Mode is a laugh, just a pity it wasn't expanded on more - the CaC options are rather limited, but I had some fun re-enacting fights with my DBD warriors. Especially fun watching Simihan and Kaiolino going at it.
Well if the connections any good, hopefully we can get a few decent matches in. I always find that humans are very unpredictable on these games. The DBZ games generally speaking have had awful AI, the comp normally beating you by brute strength, rather then doing anything actually decent.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 5:55 pm

you'll never discard your name now
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 6:39 pm

i'm really not that big a DBZ fan, nooooooooooooooooooo.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:51 pm

I've fallen in love with DBZ again:

Spoiler:

Sim let me know if you want to play online.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 10:33 pm

I might be up for a game or two tomorrow evening. I haven't played for while, so I'd likely be a bit rusty.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 10:35 pm

This game seems awful, i'l be terrible as i doubt i'd have played this between now and when i play you, so don't worry about being rusty i'll make sure i know the buttons though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 3:59 pm

Hahahaha, that yamcha scene never gets old. Can't wait to see Chaoz.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 4:03 pm

Alright, I'm now online if you're up for a game or two, Buu. Not sure I'll be able to do more than a handful of games - it gets a bit repetitive.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 5:04 pm

Wow, can't believe we got an hour out of that. Good fun.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 5:48 pm

i'll hopefully be a better match later when i got more characters unlocked
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 6:04 pm

If we do try again later, I'll refrain from using my Hero Mode characters - whilst it's not cheating per se, it does give me a decent advantage.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 6:24 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
If we do try again later, I'll refrain from using my Hero Mode characters - whilst it's not cheating per se, it does give me a decent advantage.
Well when i chose the fusion guys it seemed to balance it a little.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Yeah, because I was using Cell to fight Gotenks and SSJ2 Gohan to fight Gogeta - they're regular characters, not Hero Mode gods.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi   Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next