Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Go down 
+6
A_Nonny_Moose
Zero
Kaede
Superbuu3
Neo
Kimarous
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 7:04 pm

I had a few Praxis points stored up (must've been awarded them when I wasn't paying attention), so I went to town on my upgrades. Despite the hardship faced on the boss encounter, I still don't really like shooting people. To wit, I've now got the ability to cloak for limited periods of time, can super jump and have further upgraded my hacking ability. The stealth hack has to be one of the most useful in the game; there's so much to hack and so many bonuses for doing so, yet when even a basic node has a 70/30 chance in favour of giving you away it soon gets boring. With stealth hack, the odds of being caught are hugely reduced; from 70% down to a measly 15%. Hacking is fun again. Yay!

Also, did a pretty neat sidequest in China where you try and dig up some information on a guy suspected of killing his pregnant girlfriend a few years before. The whole thing was covered up, but you get to do some sleuthing ending by confronting the culprit with your evidence. What I really liked was that the game didn't just put words in Jensen's mouth, it made sure you had been paying attention to by offering several dialogue options to choose from, only one of which is of course correct, ie option a) why did you kill her with a baseball bat, option b) your bare fists or c) hit her with a clock, followed by you knew you'd get away with it because of a) your family's ties with x company b) you bought the police, or c) family ties with company y.

Luckily, I'm a stickler for detail, so I had everything down pat, but it was a really intelligent way of presenting that kind of encounter.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 2:47 pm

Just beat the game, and luckily had a save just prior to the end so i could quickly replay and see all four endings.

On the whole, I enjoyed the game. For the most part it's a really slick sci-fi adventure with a nice degree of choice and customisation. Flawless though? Goodness no.

The story seems interesting to begin with, what with the whole Robocop thing going on, but just after the halfway point it soons descends into cliched shadowy conspiracy. Because there's very little character development for any of the cast, you simply don't care who is stabbing who in the back, and the story loses momentum.

Also, for a game about choice, it seems a little odd that by the endgame you'll likely have amassed enough experience to buy 90% of the available augmentations anyway. Essentially, there's little need to pick an approach and stick with it because eventually you'll b great at everything. Great for casual players, yes, but it takes away an element of satisfaction knowing that it was your carefully constructed build that got you through the game. Or, maybe it was because of the way the gameplay seems to shift just after the half way mark; the first part of the game seems almost tailor made for a stealthy approach. By the finale, there are so many guards, cameras, turrets etc it's almost impossible to get through unseen. This forces you into combat mre frequently than I'd have liked, and it changes the pace from a slow and measured one into a frantic and frenetic shooter. Deus Ex's shooting mechanics are solid enough that this isn't a huge problem, but to me it felt rather unsatisfying and somewhat forced.

There weren't enough really intelligent or original moments. Again, I enjoyed the game. But was I expecting more? Yeah, I was. Not sure why, but having not played a Deus Ex game before and having heard people rave about the original I was expecting something special. It's a good game, maybe even a great one, but it lacks the little je ne sais quoi.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 6:23 pm

This is a must buy right?

Its 13 pounds which is dirt cheap and that the limited edition. I kinda got a crap load of games to playthrough, which for some reason i haven't completed, I can't pass this at that price though right?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 7:06 pm

A must buy?

No.

Worth £13 though? Yeah.

To be honest, for all it's slickness there were some elements that I thought Alpha Protocol did better.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:36 pm

Oh wow this has arrived in the post, annoyingly I got to do important stff so the games gotta wait. What difficulty should i play this on to get the most entertainment?

Also does this have multiple endings, will i have reasons to play this through again a few times. If not Alpha Protocol is a bastard for spoiling me.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:18 pm

I think the replay value comes from doing things differently, the 'main' endings can all be done if you make a save right before the end of the game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:54 pm

Is there a silencing mod for the sniper?

I just got this. Is the Double barrel shotgun asny good there the only things i'm missing.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:59 pm

Yeah.

No idea, I did a no kills run.

You should be playing on the hardest difficulty btw.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:02 pm

Bag of Oranges wrote:
Yeah.

No idea, I did a no kills run.

You should be playing on the hardest difficulty btw.
Alright I fucking want them to give me Deus Ex etc.

I'll probably play this a few times as i'll trophy whore and try not to use any guides or anything for those hidden trophies.

Also thanks for thinking i will have the gaming skills necessary to finish this on hard, hopefully you're right lol.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:50 pm

I'll be interested to see how you think it compares to Alpha Protocol, especially given the vastly differing critical receptions they received.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 4:37 pm

This disappointed me. I wish I had bought something else. Sure, the mechanics were good, and some side missions were fun, but Sarif's VA was horrible, Adam became a little annoying after a while, and I lost interest in the plot after a few hours. I liked Pritchard, though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:36 pm

I should probably do another run of this and finisht the game with no kills or full stealth, those sound doable at the same time. I really despise the incentive to not kill ppl, when you got so many freaking awesome kill animations why remove the incentive to use any of them.

Kaede wrote:
This disappointed me. I wish I had bought something else. Sure, the mechanics were good, and some side missions were fun, but Sarif's VA was horrible, Adam became a little annoying after a while, and I lost interest in the plot after a few hours. I liked Pritchard, though.
I take those insults personally deus ex is a great game.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:07 pm

I was disappointed with it. It was a good game, but not worthy of all the hype and the huge review scores it generated.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 1:42 am

It deserved those sort of scores more than a lot of other games that get them.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:53 am

This is going up on Plus tomorrow, with all the DLC 50% off.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:56 pm

Why do those fucks keep putting up games i own...
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:45 pm

Neo is the DLC worth playing or is it BS?

its like 2.50 pounds or something.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 3:49 pm

I'm currently downloading this, Plus is being good to me with their free games, they're all games I don't have or have played yet. don't care for some though, I tried Space Marine and hated it, and I'm not really interested in Darksiders..
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 9:17 pm

WTF SONY why is my version in French and why can't I get the English one? goddammit

spent whole evening DL'ing this and installing, and now I have to listen to fucking frenchies talking?

EDIT: or better yet, fuck you Squenix! how the F can you release a game in European territories and the only country that gets an English version is the UK ?
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:54 am

Isn't French the official language of Belgium along side of Dutch? That might be why they did it.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 3:25 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Neo is the DLC worth playing or is it BS?

its like 2.50 pounds or something.
The tracer tong one is only really worth playing if you've played the original DX, the other one is pretty good though imo, it's kinda linear but still fun and there's a cool bit of dialogue at the end that answers + raises some questions about the story.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 6:23 am

ah ok i'll grab it. i got the tracer tong mission, although i don't have the double barrel shotgun and silenced sniper, which i kinda do want for if i do a messing around run, i.e. kill everything considering that would effectively be harder due to the huge drop in experience.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 10:26 am

Ellis wrote:
Isn't French the official language of Belgium along side of Dutch? That might be why they did it.

yes it is, but from what I've heard, it's the same in Holland and other countries. the only choices we have is French, German, Spanish or Italian, and we'd need to change the system language to change between them..

all of Europe only has the choice between those 4 languages, me being a Belgian and knowing French and German, I could deal with it, but for the Dutch, Danish, Swedes, Norwegians, FIns,... who don't have French or another language as their native language, they're pretty much fucked.

and I ain't playing this in French or German, it's just not right if it's not English.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:28 pm

You don't speak Belgish? Belgianese? Belch?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 2:27 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
You don't speak Belgish? Belgianese? Belch?
Flemish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next