Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Go down 
+6
A_Nonny_Moose
Zero
Kaede
Superbuu3
Neo
Kimarous
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 1:11 am

Anything is nice but I really want to see a trailer that doesn't have any combat in it. At this stage there's no way to tell if it's as open as the first or if it's dumbed down like Invisible War.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 1:53 am

Neo wrote:
Anything is nice but I really want to see a trailer that doesn't have any combat in it. At this stage there's no way to tell if it's as open as the first or if it's dumbed down like Invisible War.

I'm concerned about him being overpowered. It still looks like DE for the most part. Like the inventory and all that jazz.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:54 pm

Shouldn't this be RPG?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:49 am

Kaede wrote:
Shouldn't this be RPG?
Define RPG
if you look at the vid it has the first games RPG structure. We don't see talking though.

Play the first game if you can see and you'll see why this was probably the best game ever excluding my personal taste for once.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:32 pm

By RPG, I guess I mean a game where you can perhaps level up, choose what skills you want to improve, and perhaps influence the story.

My computer doesn't have working graphics card drivers. If it did, then I'd play Touhou and the first Mass Effect.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 1:17 pm

Kaede wrote:
By RPG, I guess I mean a game where you can perhaps level up, choose what skills you want to improve, and perhaps influence the story.

My computer doesn't have working graphics card drivers. If it did, then I'd play Touhou and the first Mass Effect.
It has the skill improvement thing, probably has leveling up too. No confirmation as to whether you can influence the story yet but I'll be pissed if you can't.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 2:32 am

Kaede wrote:

The first game had all of those.

Honestly though if we're talking JRPGs which a lot of people consider the standard RPG format you can't influence the story and there normally was one way of doing things.

This did let you have branching convos and all that jazz thats in stuff like fallout 3. Levelling... well in the first game you got points you could put into skills that you could upgrade you didn't have a level per se but i think its the same type of thing.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:11 am

8 mins of game footage this will probably be GOTY depending on SKyrim and Arkham city

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 6:16 am

So I've played a little bit of the demo that was given to the media and I really like this game. The graphics, VA and story (from what I could tell) are fairly average but the gameplay is really good. I won't say it's on the level of DX1 but it's a shitload better than 2.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:40 pm

I actually will most likely delay this purchase and get the other games out in that month which are multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 3:00 pm

This looks good. I laughed at the video above because the girl player sounded too much like she was in a documentary or something. Then she got hit by an enemy and had a very emotionlesss "ugh" from being hit.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 3:18 pm

Just been informed that my pre-order has been cancelled as Square Enix have decided to region lock all copies of this game. As usual punishing everyone except the pirates, I doubt if I'll bother getting this on release now as I don't really feel like paying double.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:50 am

You might want to double-check on that, because I think they changed their minds on the matter and removed region-locking.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:54 am

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 8:34 am

Kimarous wrote:
You might want to double-check on that, because I think they changed their minds on the matter and removed region-locking.
Yeah I got another email before I elft for work this morning offering me the chance to reinstate my order before they processed the refund.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 12:47 pm

Oh right that was it:

There are 4 versions of this game:
Vanilla
Limited
Augmented
Collectors (this one is like 80 pounds)
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:03 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Oh right that was it:

There are 4 versions of this game:
Vanilla
Limited
Augmented
Collectors (this one is like 80 pounds)
Ah okay I gotcha. What does the Collectors have in it that the Augmented doesn't I didn't see it available from Ozgameshop?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:13 pm

Not sure whats extra:

Box Contains
Collectible Adam Jenson figurine

Exclusive box-design (numbered)

Exclusive bonus DVD featuring:

44-minute making of
Game soundtrack
Motion comic, adapted from DC’s official comic series
E3 trailer and animated storyline

40-page art book

Additional in-game content:

Exclusive mission
Multi-shot grenade launcher
Double-barrel shotgun
Silenced sniper rifle
Remote-detonated explosive device
Automatic unlocking device

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:16 pm

Well my game has all of that but the special box and figurine and it was 32 pounds ($50 AUD converted at current rates) so I reckon I got a decent deal.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:23 pm

oh right that sounds like a much better deal.

This is the kind of collector's edition you lock up and sell in years to come not play.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 4:50 am

Well, I guess this means shit is about to get real.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Bruce Campbell Lookalike on Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 4:52 am

You know what I really hope they remake the first game in this engine, as awesome as the original is some of the mechanics and all the visuals are extremely dated.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:15 am

Alrighty then, I've basically finished this. Played on Give Me Deus Ex (Hard) and did a full stealth/no kills run, cheated a little and used my saves to get the different endings without playing through again though I plan on playing through it again later in the year.

Overall I think it's a kick ass game and, though perhaps not as good as the original was at the time, it's a much more polished game and most of the mechanics are loads better. Definitely kicks the shit out of Invisible War however you look at it.
It really just seems like they went out of their way to make something that lived up to what you'd expect of a 'modern Deus Ex' game.

Also they remade the original Deus Ex theme which was awesome.

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:40 pm

Ah its a shame its not better, but honestly i thought that was going to be nigh on impossible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next