Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Go down 
+6
A_Nonny_Moose
Zero
Kaede
Superbuu3
Neo
Kimarous
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:47 pm

Just picked this up via rental.

Half an hour in, and the first thing that strikes me is that the graphics aren't great. The environment is hugely detailed but the character models are a little awkward looking. Story wise it's just gone very Robocop...

Last edited by SimianWonder on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:50 pm

No Deus Ex game has ever looked good for the time, though it's possible to force AA and such to make them looks better on PC. In the first game they had about 4 character models in the entire game, including the player, that were just textured differently a million times over.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:52 pm

The beauty of the gameplay will probably take a while.

The first deus ex appeared shit for the first 30 mins at least, but even if you played it nowadays (and weren't a graphics whore), you'd realise it is the best game ever made. Due to the pure depth of the game. Although i assume this one will be waterd down.

Plus the original was really philosophical.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:54 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
The first deus ex appeared shit for the first 30 mins at least
It is shit for the first half hour, that Liberty Island misson is plain horrible.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 8:13 pm

Finished the first mission proper. Took bloody ages though; I was trying to be as meticulous as possible, so it took about two hours from start to finish, though I did manage to get a few trophies en route... stealth seems to work better than using guns, because Jensen dies pretty easily in a gunfight. I also managed to talk the bad guy into letting his hostage go which got me a trophy, though now the cops are giving me shit for not killing him.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 12:51 pm

This is 25 pounds on game, the limited edition with explosive mission pack should i get it?

I'm mainly asking if the additional weapons in the other version are worth using? The 10000 credits seems like cheating to me.

Is that in every new game you start?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 1:39 pm

I might have found DE's Alpha Protocol moment... I've been basically stealthing through everything, focussing on hacking and evasion. Now I'm up against the first boss proper, he's got a minigun for an arm and he can literally kill me in the blink of an eye.

My build suddenly feels woefully inadequate.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 1:46 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
This is 25 pounds on game, the limited edition with explosive mission pack should i get it?

I'm mainly asking if the additional weapons in the other version are worth using? The 10000 credits seems like cheating to me.

I'd go for it, you meet a NPC from the original game in the DLC mission so you'd probably be interested in that and the weapons are decent though I didn't use them much in proper gameplay as I was doing a non-lethal run. The 10k credits is a bit of a cheat though, it's basically two free augs as soon as you get to the first hub and visit the LIMB Clinic, and as far as I know it's on every new game.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 1:47 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
I might have found DE's Alpha Protocol moment... I've been basically stealthing through everything, focussing on hacking and evasion. Now I'm up against the first boss proper, he's got a minigun for an arm and he can literally kill me in the blink of an eye.

My build suddenly feels woefully inadequate.
If you have a stun gun you can be cheap and use it to lock him down while you shoot him with something else, if not just throw a few of the gas canisters littered around the place at him and he'll die really quickly.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 1:59 pm

Bruce Campbell Lookalike wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

I'd go for it, you meet a NPC from the original game in the DLC mission so you'd probably be interested in that and the weapons are decent though I didn't use them much in proper gameplay as I was doing a non-lethal run. The 10k credits is a bit of a cheat though, it's basically two free augs as soon as you get to the first hub and visit the LIMB Clinic, and as far as I know it's on every new game.

So i might as well buy the cheaper LE?
Is the only DLC the explosive mission pack or is there even more missions in the augmented?

I looked at the weapon details and it all seems a bit cheap a silenced sniper rifle. I don't have the self control to limit myself and as a DE vet it would most likely be a cakewalk if i decided to use it.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:13 pm

That's the only extra content at the moment though there was a new DLC announced last week, no idea when it's supposed to be coming out though.

If you can get it cheaper without the weapons and credits (but including the mission pack) I'd get that. I had all the augs I really wanted by half way through the game anyway so I doubt the 10k will make much of a difference once you've completed a few missions and found some praxis kits.

Honestly though the weapons probably wouldn't make a whole lot of difference difficulty wise. Stealth is pretty broken and even on GMDX difficulty I doubt you'd find any parts of the game really hard (bosses might kill you a couple of times before you decide on a proper strategy) so I wouldn't worry about that.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:16 pm

That's the only extra content at the moment though there was a new DLC announced last week, no idea when it's supposed to be coming out though.

If you can get it cheaper without the weapons and credits (but including the mission pack) I'd get that. I had all the augs I really wanted by half way through the game anyway so I doubt the 10k will make much of a difference once you've completed a few missions and found some praxis kits.

Honestly though the weapons probably wouldn't make a whole lot of difference difficulty wise. Stealth is pretty broken and even on GMDX difficulty I doubt you'd find any parts of the game really hard (bosses might kill you a couple of times before you decide on a proper strategy) so I wouldn't worry about that.

*Brofist*
I'll probably pick this up then. If i'm not missing any missions. Plus limited DLC isn't always released well not for absolutely ages at least.

BTW you played Dead Space 2? I just did the opening and its hilariously gory you'd probably like it. I dunno how serious the horror will get later.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:22 pm

I still have the first Dead Space sitting on my Steam account so I should probably play that first but the M&K controls are fucked up and I haven't tried playing it since I hooked up my dualshock.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Oh man the site doesn't seem to be working properly, which is annoying, they keep changing there html lately which is getting jarring.

I'm pretty excited now i wasn't expecting to buy this for a while. Hopefully this site works and i can get my game plus the pack. Is the cameo good or crap? Also is it better just to play on GMD difficulty, or will i feel out of my depth. The original DE was fucking hard IIRC.

I still have the first Dead Space sitting on my Steam account so I should probably play that first but the M&K controls are fucked up and I haven't tried playing it since I hooked up my dualshock.

Oh right, well i'll let you know if this ones worth picking up. The graphics look amazing, but i haven't really gone anywhere game wise.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:35 pm

I'd definitely go straight to GMDX if you plan on being stealthy, if you're going to do a combat run it might be a little harder but I'd still start on hard and just drop it down to normal if I got really overwhelmed. I don't think it's as hard as the original though and even that got easier once you had some skills ranked up and a couple of the good augs.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:41 pm

If you have a stun gun you can be cheap and use it to lock him down while you shoot him with something else, if not just throw a few of the gas canisters littered around the place at him and he'll die really quickly.

I don't have a stun gun. I've taken to throwing gas cannisters at him, which stop him long enough to throw an explosive barrel his way. Seems to be working well enough, but I still die far too quickly to afford even a single error.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:41 pm

WHY IS THIS IN THE SHOOTER SECTION?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:50 pm

Can I point out one really really annoying gameplay mechanic?

All your augmentations are powered by your battery meter. Fine, no problems with that. However, only the first battery in the meter ever recharges, meaning that you spend a decent portion of the game with only a single battery in reserve, even if you've spent points on upgrading from the initial 2. It's a really odd piece of design that makes it utterly pointless to waste your precious Praxius points on upgrading your battery.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:52 pm

That does sounds stupid, but its a limiter so you don't become broken.

At least in this one there kind enough to let you restore battery power in general IIRC on the original you had to make sure you cqarried some back up power (this basically resulted in me almost never using powers).
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:53 pm

I think it would be overpowered if more than one battery recharged, the takedowns make it pretty easy already and the limited energy supply is the only thing stopping you from spamming them.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:56 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:

At least in this one there kind enough to let you restore battery power in general IIRC on the original you had to make sure you cqarried some back up power (this basically resulted in me almost never using powers).
You never used speed and bullet resistance augs and ran around killing everything with the dragon's tooth sword?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:04 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:

You never used speed and bullet resistance augs and ran around killing everything with the dragon's tooth sword?
Keep in mind this was like my first PC game... So i wasn't all that when it came to using the F keys, i couldn't remember how to activate half the shit.

Let me think the only Aug i used quite a bit was speed running, as it felt really cool to float around. I had radar transperency equipped but most of the time i forgot to use it. I chose EMP shield for some reason and i remember not using it once. I had vision enhancement,and spy drone I think i might've used that one.

I think i sneaked around most of the game, using the crossbow thing. I was a bit 50/50 about killing as that tranq dart almost always seemed to start a alert. I used the stun gun whenever i could. Oh yeah and silenced sniper. Honestly you could get through most things if you were stealthy.

Oh and i never played that on on hard.

Oh yeah and being spotted = DTS time.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:11 pm

I always thought the tranq crossbow was useless, it took like 5 seconds to knock them out and they always raised the alarm in that time. The prod is easily the best weapon in the game along with the dragon sword.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:28 pm

IIRC if you shot them in the head with the tranq gun you could take them out instantly.

If i didn't pull it off i just quickly shot a second dart and it normally put them down, but that was a bad tactic if a cluster of guards.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 4:46 pm

Finally beat the first boss after two dozen attempts. Grr. Into China now, and I'm having trouble navigating because it all looks the bloody same. Just broken into a club and spoken to some old Chinese dude with some nice augs, and I'm now heading off to find a Dutch bloke and some pod. Which is totally not what it sounds like, sadly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution   Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next