Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)

Go down 
+4
A_Nonny_Moose
SimianWonder
Golden Boy
Superbuu3
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 8:19 pm

I just finished Chapter 1 and it took longer than it needed to because I'm trying to 100% every section as I go along. So tell me, what's the earliest I can get a dark crystal to beat the Ice Titan's trial?

Oh I might as well give my analysis on the game so far.

CHAPTER 1

The game looks beautiful as the scenery is filled with so much detail and the camera showing off the landscapes is amazing too. It gives me a God of War feel in that the camera is set up in the way it is to give you the best possible view of the scenery whenever you're not fighting, although like in God of War it gets a bit awkward when you're trying to navigate the world with that camera, hopefully it doesn't rely on that too much like it did in the end of 1-3. Sadly though, the bog level was really annoying to navigate due to how much I had to wade through the mud and that ate up annoying amounts of time, I do like however how the path did branch as I was thinking to myself the whole time "Which path leads to the story and the other to extra stuff?" and I realized that they both turned the same result and I thought "Oh that's kind of cool, so there's no real extras path then."

The gameplay is nice, I'm able to handle the enemies well enough with basic attacks but it's still kind of annoying dealing with enemies farther away as they're smart enough to also dodge the daggers I throw at them but when I finally got the hook tip dealing with longer enemies was no problem and setting goblins grenades off and tossing a knife at them to watch them explode is always fun. The Ice Titan is pretty dull though, I have no problem with them using SotC mechanics as the game is half of a decade old by now but holding R2 for half of the fight because they're trying to shake me off really just pisses me off and it gets worse when I have to dodge swipes because I'm never prepared for them and end up getting knocked off before I can make it to a safe area.

The music is grand but then again, that's Castlevania for you. It sets very well to the time it's supposed to fit in but it knows when to not go overboard and take over a scene or just go full blast. The voice acting is alright too with Patrick Stewart obviously being the big vocal attraction as Zobek.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:10 am

You don't need to hold R2 that much. When you complete the trial for that level you'll see how lax you can be in that regard.

I completely agree with that, wading getting annoying, BTW there's a lot of hidden shit in this game down the multiple paths, although i wouldn't bother looking for stuff yet as you need to revisit chapter with the other skills. At the same time do explore as there's stil lots of accesible stuff to. The game normally warns you if something is out of reach due to not having an ability IIRC.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:14 am

Yeah it does that. I'm doing 100% on it all right now to minimize doing it more later.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:15 am

What did you think of the book style narration between levels. I personally loved it, it really made me get a lot more into this game.

I'm a idiot for trading this in hoping for a GOTY, doesn't looks ike its happening, i'll probably just rebuy it.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:22 am

Hated those. Would have been better if Patrick Stewart had put any effort into it.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:57 am

They're alright, they help give the story a sense of adventure and hearing Patrick Stewart is always awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4