Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)

Go down 
+4
A_Nonny_Moose
SimianWonder
Golden Boy
Superbuu3
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 2:33 am

Rockstar_Bahamut wrote:
I think I'm almost to the "Wolf Lord". I imagine I'm not even half way done. XD
This game is ridiculously long, in some sense your a quarter of the way through but some sectiuons of the game are longer then others.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:38 am

Starting this now.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:40 am

Hey, Patrick Stewart.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:53 am

This game looks fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:55 am

Yeah the whole game looks fantastic as in jaw droppingly good.

The book system is great and honestly the game does a billion things right i just love
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:37 am

Are there any savepoints or anything, or is it all just quicksave?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 2:39 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Are there any savepoints or anything, or is it all just quicksave?
quick saves generally speaking they are quite generous and they normally save after any cutscene.

If you fall off a ledge you lose a little energy and put back where you were
if you die you go back to a checkpoint

Also turn on your game while connected to the net to get the patches, otherwise pausing during a save can corrupt your save file.

Even when PSN is down you can get patches.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 3:03 am

I got the patch when I started it up for the first time.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:10 pm

The ice giant thing was pretty cool. Although every giant boss battle in every game ever seems to be missing something compared to SotC. Giant bosses never feel as giant as the ones in that game, even when they're actually more giant.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:47 pm

Don't worry its not really the main thin of castlevania those bosses are just generally diversions and are some of the hardest trials in the game.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:28 am

Some chick just showed up and killed a troll with some naked snake demon thing. Weird. And of course she did the stupid backflipping out of the scene thing.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Oh god this chick is psychic. Which means sh can yell pointless crap at me even when she's not around.

"We need 4 crystals!"
"Oh hey, you found one. Just 3 more!"
"You should be looking for crystals!"
"Look for some crystals!"
"Great, only 2 more!"
"Come on, just 2 more!"
"COME ON!"

Bitch.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:57 pm

Don't worry it gets better, I don't think i paid much attn to the story involving her.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:29 pm

The fight against the 3 greater lychans was tough. I hatenot being able to control the camera.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:55 pm

Eh? I swear you can at least to a degree. I guess on the easy fights you don't.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 11:07 pm

It moves by istelf sometimes, but I can't recall ever having control of it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 11:28 pm

i swear you can move it in boss fights. Or you can at least tilt it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:39 am

Well, she wasn't in the story for long. Black Knight battle was easier than I would've expected as well, especially since those oil pools or whatever can be destroyed with one heavy hit.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:57 am

honestly after i got through the early bits of the game the later bits didn't seem to tough, though i'm sure paladin difficulty is a bitch.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 1:53 am

In the land of the vampires now. Decent game. Story seems to have faded a bit now though. I'm just trudging through levels and not much is happening.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Chapter 5 onwards the game gets better.

Its a very long game especially if you take on the trials.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:09 pm

It's a bit annoying that a lot of the upgrades are basically just puzzle solving tools that also happen to be ineffectual attacks.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:28 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
It's a bit annoying that a lot of the upgrades are basically just puzzle solving tools that also happen to be ineffectual attacks.
Most attacks are best suited for a particular enemy, I didn't realise just how amazingly awesome advanced guillotine was till the end of the game. I definitely used the gauntlets to.

Do you mean the relics are used for puzzle solving? I don't remember any of the combos etc or even upgrade of the relics only being used for puzzles. I only recall things you got for free being for puzzles.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 2:15 am

Is guillotine the one where hold square in the air? That and the direct heavy combo are pretty much the only moves I've used outside of the default set.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 2:42 pm

The chainsaw is pretty brutal to i can't remember the buttons.

The holding square or triangle ones are pretty decent and mixing up and square and triangle are decent when you think you might get hit from behind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next