Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)

Go down 
+4
A_Nonny_Moose
SimianWonder
Golden Boy
Superbuu3
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Empty
PostSubject: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 3:38 pm

Chapter 1

Wow this arrived fast next day delivery i was passed out due to sicknees only just woke up and noticed it was here.

Game starts out with the part thats in the demo, we have our hero walk into town with his sexy cross chain whip thingy. The lycans appear (no i'm not intelligent enough to have known that word, simi uses it).

Alright that unicorn ride was awesome strange it didn't have a horn not sure what you call those, his voice was also interesting. So far loving the voice acting. It seems like professor X is communicating with me during the loading screens. To prepare me for the battles ahead.

Unlockable skills are nice the combat i'm already preferring to other hack and slashes because it is sexy and you seem to have fairly decent moves early on but they clearly lack power. I'm playing on warrior as i plan to play this through at least 3 times.

Dead bog

Oh man my level of patience is sooooooooo low. I'm in the dead bog now, and i've been told to wait to cross so i can't be assed and just run head long in to the dangers (you can see those for yourself when you play), needless to say this has got me killed more then a couple of times.

I gotta admit i'm suprised by the level structure i thought this would be linear like games like GoW and DMC instead we got a branching level already i'm sure it all leads to the same place but its big enugh to get confused by if you don't pay attention and the level does a good job of feeling big.

People complaining about the dodge function which i even saw on reviews must be really stupid. The dodge system is perfect in that it actually functions as a dodge and not some invulnerability. I'm sure you've all played those games that if you spam dodge you can't be hit, that doesn't work on this dodge under an enemies arm and your home free dodge in the same direction the enemy attacks in and you'll get a butt full of pain.

So definitely ignore that gripe also you can swing in this game although at designated points the fact you can makes this epic i hated how a lot of castlevania games dropped this ability.

Finished chapter 1 there were two sub bosses and then 1 epic boss, absolutely great start to the game i hope this quality is maintained, would like a few more enemies, but i think this was basically a tutorial chapter as it told me all the buttons. Still epic either way. I originally thought i'd fly through this game then trade it in but it already feels like a keeper i think i'd very much like to revisit this game again.

Last edited by Superbuu3 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:01 pm

Yes, the Chapter 1 is basically a long tutorial.
My favourite chapters were those taking place in the land of the vampires (5-Cool. 4 and 9 are pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:14 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
The lycans appear (no i'm not intelligent enough to have known that word, simi uses it).

Tecnically, the big one is a Warg not a werewolf. I did like that fight though, I just find werewolves much scarier than vampires.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:28 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
The lycans appear (no i'm not intelligent enough to have known that word, simi uses it).

Tecnically, the big one is a Warg not a werewolf. I did like that fight though, I just find werewolves much scarier than vampires.

The game differentiates between that kinda stuff, i just assumed the wargs were the ones the lycans were riding (going byt lord of the rings logic).
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Yeah, the Wargs are the really big ones that end up as being ridden as mounts in the forest stage of the demo. Anyway, the point stands. Werewolves are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:34 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Yeah, the Wargs are the really big ones that end up as being ridden as mounts in the forest stage of the demo. Anyway, the point stands. Werewolves are awesome.
You should get this its cheap and a helluva lot of fun. Its not deep combat but its very varied and there seems to be a shitload of unlockable moves and spells.

The presentation is sleek and Captain picard is great as usual. The book menus give it a really epic feel as well, this game just impresses me on a lot of levels. It plays very differently to other games this gen IMO.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:37 pm

I can't afford it at the moment, even at £25.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:01 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Alright that unicorn ride was awesome strange it didn't have a horn not sure what you call those
Horses?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 3:47 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
I can't afford it at the moment, even at £25.
Unfortunately its already sold out anyway not suprised at that price though.

Chapter 2

I can't remember what the first part of this chapter was i probably should of written it at the time. I do remember there being giant spiders which moved a bit too realistic for my liking.

The game is still entertaining, the levels are actually pretty big there kinda circulr and branching basically you will have to explore properly if you want all unlockables i can't be bothered with that so i just go round for the mission stuff only, although occasionally curiosity got the better of me and i end up finding more interesting stuff.

Anyway its nice to see the upgrading weapons adn such to progress in areas previously inaccessible is i this games. I am also suprised by the amount of platforming and its the more hardcore kind where you plummet to your death, when you respawn you get a chunk cut out of your life bar for sucking which i thinks good means i'm more careful.

Also i dunno why but i seem to be chasing after a goblin with the biggest joint in the world it was twice the size of him. I get the impression when gabriel finishes this battle he's gonna get major munchies.

You can mount some enemies which is a nice touch i think this kinda thing was in dante's inferno. Well this game just seems to borrow all the bet elements from a bunch of games adds in classic CV elements to make an all round sexy package.

This greater lycanthrope guy is a joker.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:08 pm

So basically I got my ass kicked repeatedly by the stone titan at the end of Chapter 2, even though he isn't the boss of that chapter, so i picked up the game again today beat the titan and then completely whooped the chapter 2 boss.

Chapter 3

This was actually a fun chapter you start going into the lycan lair and taking on werewolves basically. You also gain the ability to use fairies which distract stuff. One thing i'm loving about this game is just how often you unlock abilities its literally every significant event kinda reminscent of Ratchet and Clank 1.

The game seems a bit more castlely, as in i'm actually going into what look like castle ruins though still not ina proper one. At the end of chapter 3 which is a short chapter only 2 parts you meet the first lord of shadow who is a werewolf, which is a pretty decent boss fight. Beware the instant death quicktime even at the end of this boss.

Chapter 4
This one involved climbing up a mountain and fight a boss at the top of a castle and yeah you kinda go in that one, which was pretty cool. Luckily you unlock running around about this time or should i say sprinting basically you can run around like you got nitrous and its pretty sweet.

I'm starting to find the hidden items easier to find i'm not sure if this is because I get hows this game works or that i'm just being more tohrough or possibly just getting lost more. Thats one problem this game really doesn't indicate where you need to go, although it does point out what move you need to do out of the stupidly huge arsenal to get to the next story part of the game.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:00 pm

Buu do you ever finish games in one play through? It seems like you skip around a lot.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:13 pm

Ellis wrote:
Buu do you ever finish games in one play through? It seems like you skip around a lot.
Generally yes, although if one of my highly anticipated games comes out mid playthrough i skip to another, like when i was playing this i got Ken's rage, which i did 100%. Played infamous and darksiders mostly in one go. Bayonetta got pushed to the side for RDR and prince of persia but i finished all those.

I'll probably play through Fallout NV/Bayonetta after this unless i get portal 2 before that. Stuff like need for speed i was putting off till some of you guys were actually playing.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:39 am

Don't get need for speed, get GT5 that's what I'm doing next week at least.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:41 am

Ellis wrote:
Don't get need for speed, get GT5 that's what I'm doing next week at least.
Hot pursuit is fun, we can play cops and robbers, you can pretend to be a stoner with a stash.
Simulation games are boring.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:51 am

you're boring. I like simulations. I do need a racing game though as my PS3 collection does not have one and I can't keep playing CTR to pass the tiem when I need to race shit.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:52 am

Ellis wrote:
you're boring. I like simulations. I do need a racing game though as my PS3 collection does not have one and I can't keep playing CTR to pass the tiem when I need to race shit.
Gran turismo games only ever have fun campaign modes, they're really not online racers.

Hot pursuit also has really awesome servers, as i never lag when playing that.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:54 am

The last NFS I got was Underground and I swore the series dead to me after that disaster. Is there a new Burnout game coming out soon? That would be a game I'd definately get.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:57 am

Ellis wrote:
The last NFS I got was Underground and I swore the series dead to me after that disaster. Is there a new Burnout game coming out soon? That would be a game I'd definately get.
Hot pursuit was made by the original burnout team and isn't a pile of dookie like paradise was.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:09 am

....interesting. I guess I'll look into the game as the first burnout is the only one I've played and I loved it more than my illegitimate son at the time.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:20 am

i'm a huge fan of the burnout series i've played every single game in the main series to death (not played burnout legends on PSP).

I can vouch for HP and say it lives up to the tradition, the fact its got cop cars adn real cars makes it sexier. Also interceptor is basically a free roam cops adn robber chase the weapons also makes the matches insane.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:23 am

If you get Hot Pursuit I'll play with you.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:44 am

Neo wrote:
If you get Hot Pursuit I'll play with you.
It would be pretty sweet to get some team games up on that.

We never seem to be on at the same time recently which sucks but i'm not online as much these days. Would be great to play HP, Dead nation, Moon diver but ultimately we have to coordinate portal 2 as thats the main thing.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 2:27 am

The boss of Chapter 11 part 2 is really annoyingly long and i haven't got the patience.

It would be epic if i was patient herein lies the problem, its basically a plaforming type boss from what i gather but i get the impression if i ever fall off i need to restart the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:14 am

Finally completed it most epic game this gen well storywise at least.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 2:06 am

I think I'm almost to the "Wolf Lord". I imagine I'm not even half way done. XD
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)   Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buu Plays: Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (aka Buu plays man games while moose plays girl games)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next