Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recently Watched

Go down 
+24
Casa
Rman
Ntity
testtubebaby
Talking Sock
KittensOnACloud
Old School
Mishimi
L Ron Hubbard
Charlie Sheen
MustyElbow
Eevil-Psycho
Zero
Neo
Ace
SimianWonder
Baal
Kaio
Ellis
Skip
Kaede
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Dr. Chocolate
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Recently Watched - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 4:19 pm

will do, thanks
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 4:33 pm

Saw Jurassic Park 3D this week.

I've seen JP at least a dozen times over the years, likely more, and to be honest in places I was a bit bored. However for the most part, the film has aged really well. The effects are still hold up very well, with only the odd shot letting the side down, and the iconic T Rex attack in 3D was genuinely great to watch.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 7:02 pm

Double Dragon

Recently Watched - Page 16 Tumblr_nfk4u65En21tbealgo1_500
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 12:56 pm

No Country for Old Men.

It's an unusual movie, a thriller without display of a hard fight, big shooting scenes, or loud soundtrack.
The main protagonist of the story is a background character.
The villain survives, visits the wife of his last target after she went to his mother's funeral (she said that to him), he visits her at her home, and says he promised her husband not to hurt her. The lady calmly walks in as soon as she sees him sitting in a room of her house.
Llewellyn Moss is a tough one, gets shot in the shoulder, and he swims faster than a dog in a river with one hand, then shoots it once he's on shore.
Dude later walks out of his hotel, gets a shot near the kidney, bleeding hard, and runs a distance.
Couldn't help it but remember the first Die Hard movie seeing a wounded character moving miles like that, and surviving most of the time.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 1:48 am

Death Wish (1974)

A movie with the greatest demigod to grace our land, Charles Bronson. A badass that can make you man or be dead.

Cheesy as shit, but a ride when you realize that probably 90% of the action movies in the 70s, 80s, and even 90s knows these are just for fun. Unlike our self-aware, pussified heroes of the modern action film.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 3:02 am

No Country for Old Men really bored me. I can't remember much about it now, and whenever I hear the plot discussed it sounds unfamiliar. I should probably watch it again.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 10:17 am

It takes time to get used to.

Saw The Quest (Jean Claude Van-Damme)
Fun movie.
What is it with the weird cliche of the fallen in a fighting tournament loses immediately? But when the protagonist falls, he has enough time to recover?
And the final opponent lands plenty of strikes, but the main protagonist remains conscious, while the stronger opponent falls unable to attack after a few attacks from the bleeding protagonist?
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 9:19 pm

Dr. Faust wrote:

Fun movie.
What is it with the weird cliche of the fallen in a fighting tournament loses immediately? But when the protagonist falls, he has enough time to recover?
And the final opponent lands plenty of strikes, but the main protagonist remains conscious, while the stronger opponent falls unable to attack after a few attacks from the bleeding protagonist?

Still think Jean Claude Van-Damme character traits include being a legit badass (Seriously, he could kick your ass in RL) and showing his ass in front of the camera in EVERY MOVIE HE IS IN.

Never saw The Quest, but I guess I'll check it out. Next to Norris, Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Seagal, and BRONSON, Van-Damme is the key to 80s cheesy action movies.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 9:40 pm

Roger Moore is in The Quest. That alone makes it worth a look. It's junk, but it knows it and is a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Empirewild wrote:
Still think Jean Claude Van-Damme character traits include being a legit badass (Seriously, he could kick your ass in RL) and showing his ass in front of the camera in EVERY MOVIE HE IS IN.

Never saw The Quest, but I guess I'll check it out. Next to Norris, Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Seagal, and BRONSON, Van-Damme is the key to 80s cheesy action movies.
Seagal is the strangest one, it's like he's almost untouchable in every movie of his.
Sometimes its entertaining, other times it's not that entertaining.

SimianWonder wrote:
Roger Moore is in The Quest.  That alone makes it worth a look.  It's junk, but it knows it and is a lot of fun.
Moore's character is entertaining, one of the better things in the movie.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 7:48 pm

The Raid - Redemption
Decided to watch it cause some said the 2012 Dredd is similar, which it is.
Another reason is cause the cover for that movie and Attack on Titan series remind me of one another.

Fun movie, I enjoy watching movies with action scenes like in this one.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 4:59 am

Under The Skin

Utterly bizzare alien movie. It's like a weird experimental student film that for some reason stars Scarlett Johansson. She drives around in a van picking up men and trapping them in some weird goo or something. That's the first hour.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 9:54 am

I, Frankenstein

What the fuck?
What the fuck?
What the fuck? What the fuck? What the fuck?
What...the....fuck?

It's almost plotless, if any of that jumbled mess can be considered a plot.
CGI is cheap, action is not good enough to give this even 1 point out of 10.
Nothing worth mocking, so no joy there, as stupid as the attempt of a story for that movie is, I cannot have any joy in mocking it.

Awfully boring shit.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 2:03 am

And that movie was supposed to have a crossover with Underworld...........Yeah, no.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 12:04 am

John Wick

it's not bad, wouldn't call it spectacular either, but it was entertaining, I wasn't bored.

it's a pretty standard concept movie. some moron (Theon Greyjoy), the son of the russian mafia boss, decides to mess with some dude who turns out to be a retired "professional killer". So professional killer dude decides to have another go at his job and goes after the dude and his entire mafia family and friends.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 1:07 am

The wrestler somewhat intersting, but mostly depressing, by all counts it was a good film and showed some really gritty and brutal things.

Ted, was pretty shit outside maybe one or two funny jokes.

Man with the Iron Fists, I really enjoyed the first hour of this, Russel Crowe and X-blade were amazing throughout. But the second half of the film has too much RZA and he's really uncharismatic and boring. It was full of massive cliche, watch a bunch of 70s martial arts films (not a bad thing just pointing it out). All round was more entertained by Dragon Tiger Gate, which had a more realistic setting but yet managed to be way more ridiculous then this in places. If you liked Ninja Assassin watch this its a lot better.

A fantastic fear of everything, starts out promising but then gets boring in the second half, Simon Pegg definitely has done a lot better.

Bullet to the Head, (Sly film not to be confused with the awesome old john woo film Bullet in the Head), its an average action film, nothing amazing, but nothing to really criticise at the same time. it bares similarities to Assassins and I thik it was intentional as one of the villains is reminiscent of Antonio banderas if he could speak english adn was more muscly.

Superman Unbound, one of the duller superman animated movies (well out of the ones i've seen), not a scratch Apokolips/Allstar superman/public enemies.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 1:14 am

Empirewild wrote:
Dr. Faust wrote:

Fun movie.

Norris and Seagal are hardly in many memorable films (norris gets his ass kicked in way of the dragon and his appearance in game of death is the same footage reused, delta force is probably one of his better films, but thats far from good). Norris just gets overhyped from the internet and the fact he's a white martial artist. Seagal is a douchebag, who never gets good martial artists to fight him in his films and almost to prove he likes beating on people wekaer then him he used to kick the shit out of his wife.

Van Damme is terrible, but he has made some decent movies so I won't hate on him as much. Bloodsport is one of my favourite martial arts films, he's still overrated. The others you mentioned have all been in a shitload of good films.

I might be remembering this wrong but wasn't Bronson mainly 70s?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 1:38 am

What did you think of the soundtrack in The Man With the Iron Fists? I thought RZA did a fantastic job with the whole score, probably wouldn't have enjoyed the movie nearly as much without it.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 2:11 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Norris and Seagal are hardly in many memorable films (norris gets his ass kicked in way of the dragon and his appearance in game of death is the same footage reused, delta force is probably one of his better films, but thats far from good).  Norris just gets overhyped from the internet and the fact he's a white martial artist.  Seagal is a douchebag, who never gets good martial artists to fight him in his films and almost to prove he likes beating on people wekaer then him he used to kick the shit out of his wife.  

Van Damme is terrible, but he has made some decent movies so I won't hate on him as much.  Bloodsport is one of my favourite martial arts films, he's still overrated.  The others you mentioned have all been in a shitload of good films.
Norris in his 80 looks almost like he's 45, that's the amazing thing about him.

Street Fighter made me a fan of Van Damme, I love his eun style in anything.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 2:38 pm

i think Van Damme has quite some good movies.

I really like Lyonheart and Nowhere To Run. and Kickboxer obviously.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 6:15 pm

Pixar's Brave. Very good. Perhaps not as imaginative as Pixar's best work, but still good.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 4:34 pm

RoboCop, the original.
Still a satisfying film.
Back to top Go down
Shi-ni Kanzuru
Deck Hand
Shi-ni Kanzuru

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 8:11 pm

^ You bet.

I saw The Unborn a few days ago. Creepy as shit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeJAX38y4mc80Elhl7WcU7A
Mishimi
Deck Hand
Mishimi

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 11:23 pm

Night at the Museum 3 as far as theaters go. It was pretty good, good ending to the franchise. Not quite as good as the first one but better than the second one...

On DVD - VHS: Viral... It was horrible! They totally screwed up the formula they used for the first two which was what made it good. What a waste.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 1:44 am

oh, there's a new VHS? I really did like the first two, shame to hear they screwed it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recently Watched
Page 16 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next