Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recently Watched

Go down 
+24
Casa
Rman
Ntity
testtubebaby
Talking Sock
KittensOnACloud
Old School
Mishimi
L Ron Hubbard
Charlie Sheen
MustyElbow
Eevil-Psycho
Zero
Neo
Ace
SimianWonder
Baal
Kaio
Ellis
Skip
Kaede
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Dr. Chocolate
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Recently Watched - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 8:03 pm

Fury. Pretty good.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 8:19 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Fury. Pretty good.

this review makes me want to watch it, cheers moose
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 3:18 pm

Interstellar

it's really good, I imagine it can be a bit boring though if you don't really have the slightest of interest in space exploration or space stuff in general.

I love space stuff though, it's always made me wonder, so this movie definitely hit home on that and provided some interesting "what if?" scenario's. It does kind of make you think a bit too, which I do love in a movie as well.

So yeah, if you have some interest in space travel and whatnot, definitely check it out, I can't say it will hold up to anyone who has no interest in it whatsoever, but I tought it was well-written and well acted, so there's that too I guess..
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 3:40 pm

I watched Muppet Treasure Island last night, and it was fuckin' brilliant.

Being a fan of The Muppets since I was a kid, I'm surprised I hadn't seen it before.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 4:33 pm

How To Train Your Dragon 2.

It was good, although it's hard to say if it's better than the first. The original had a lot of charm to it and this film doesn't focus on Hiccup and Toothless' bro-ness as much. Understandable, given what the story revolves around, but you wind up missing a bit of that because that pair is pretty much the heart of the franchise. They have some moments and their trust in each other gets put to the test, but the plots about Hiccup's mom and the new antagonist, Drago take precedence.

And speaking of Hiccup's mother, I'm glad that I managed get past the fanfic-y nature of her being some long lost parent who happens to be a super duper dragon master. That kinda irked me when the trailers first revealed that, but I guess she was entertaining enough to dispel some of that irksomeness.

Spoiler:

The villain's method of commanding his dragons is absolutely hilarious, though. He abruptly starts screaming while waving his staff around like he's having a mental breakdown. Every time he did it, I kept being reminded of this: https://youtu.be/NE5Ck4sjII0?t=10s

Skipio wrote:

I oddly don't remember much of it other than Tim Curry being Long John Silver.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 4:40 pm

How many movies does it take to figure out how to train a dragon?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 4:46 pm

Interstellar was very good. I didn't follow the movie at all and all I knew was that Matthew McConaughey went into space, so there were a number of casting surprises. I saw a couple trailers but I had no clue Anne Hathaway was the female lead.

Spoiler:

I was a bit worried because the trailers made look like more of an action movie, with crazy alien planets and stuff, but it wasn't all like that. There were a couple good, tense action scenes, and lots of talking about space and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 4:48 pm

Neo wrote:
How many movies does it take to figure out how to train a dragon?

At least three movies and a 4+ season TV series.

If your dragon is played by Sean Connery, it only takes zero.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 4:51 pm

Is Interstellar worth paying extra to see at IMAX? I'm only really interested in seeing cool space stuff.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 4:52 pm

SOK wrote:
Skipio wrote:

I oddly don't remember much of it other than Tim Curry being Long John Silver.
That's reasonably understandable. If you had to pick one thing to remember from it, it'd be that. He's the stand-out best character.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 5:36 pm

I've heard it was great in Imax but I don't even know where my nearest Imax is so I can't say first hand.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 8:18 pm

Nightcrawler. Very good. Can't remember the last time I felt so uncomfortable while watching a film.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 8:45 pm

Just seen Interstellar. Really good film, some very bold concepts and great ideas all well executed. The best sci-fi film I've seen for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 8:48 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Nightcrawler. Very good. Can't remember the last time I felt so uncomfortable while watching a film.

can I ask what the reason was you felt uncomfortable? I was curious about this movie, but from what I know about it, it seemd a bit too dull for my liking... might be interested though if I know why it was uncomfortable..
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 9:42 pm

It's about a guy who stumbles into the profession of "nightcrawling". Listening to police scanners and driving to crime scenes to get footage to sell to news networks.

At first he just seems like a con-artist trying to make money any way he can, he doesn't really know the rules. He just runs and gets as close as possible with his cheap camera, and ends up pissing off the police and other cameramen. But he eventually gets some footage he can sell, and he learns what kind of footage and stories sell, and then it goes a bit off the rails.

There's one scene about 1/3rd of the way through the movie... (not plot spoilers as such, but it's sort of a pivotal scene. I just reckon a specific example will get the point across)

Spoiler:

What was uncomfortable about it was the sense of pure exploitation. Especially in the scene where they broadcast some constroversial footage Lou (Jake Gyllenhaal, the main character) has sold them. All the other guys are running around trying to get footage but Lou pushes it a bit further. It's never becomes a thriller, or a horror movie or anything like that. But it's unsettling.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 9:52 pm

ha, thanks

that does sound a whole lot more interesting than I thought it would be.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 12:22 am

alright, so I saw Nightcrawler, and I get your points about it, the things he does are like...lowest of the low, but I can't say it made me feel uncomfortable.

good movie indeed though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 12:58 am

I was squirming in my seat through some of it.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 1:45 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I've heard it was great in Imax but I don't even know where my nearest Imax is so I can't say first hand.

Figured I'd give it a shot, seeing it tonight. Will report back I guess.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 12:44 pm

I really liked Interstellar with the exception of Matt Damon's character, what happened with him has been done so many times before in sci-fi and was extremely generic and predictable. Otherwise excellent though and worth seeing in IMAX if the option is available to you.

E: I'm correct in thinking that there were three robots in the movie, right? One had been disabled and exploded and one was around until the very end but what happened to the third?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 12:51 pm

KIPP was Matt Damon's robot. CASE was with Brand at the end and TARS was with Cooper at the end.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 12:53 pm

Ah, I obviously missed the one that stayed with Brand. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 2:45 pm

Neo wrote:
I really liked Interstellar with the exception of Matt Damon's character, what happened with him has been done so many times before in sci-fi and was extremely generic and predictable.

Yeah, I thought it a little odd that someone who was willing to go on what was, in all probability, going to be a one-way trip would act in such a manner. There were a couple of lines of dialogue in which the writers tried to dig themselves out of it, but it did feel forced.

Great film though, and loved Miller's planet; three inch deep ocean? Check. Waves high enough to touch the clouds? Check? Spend a few hours there and get back to find twenty three years has passed? I also really enjoyed the way they chose to show time as a physical dimension. You knew it was coming, but it was visually pretty special.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 2:56 pm

Video Games: The Movie

very interesting if you like games which most of us here do I believe.

it's pretty much a documentary about how gaming started, how it evolved and whatnot. A lot of the stuff I already knew though, but still, it's a very interesting movie if you love games.

It's quite recent too, as it does mention both PS4 and XboxOne as well.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 3:52 pm

If you find that sort of stuff interesting, Psycho, you might want to check out Charlie Brooker's How Videogames Changed the World
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recently Watched
Page 15 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next