Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recently Watched

Go down 
+24
Casa
Rman
Ntity
testtubebaby
Talking Sock
KittensOnACloud
Old School
Mishimi
L Ron Hubbard
Charlie Sheen
MustyElbow
Eevil-Psycho
Zero
Neo
Ace
SimianWonder
Baal
Kaio
Ellis
Skip
Kaede
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
Dr. Chocolate
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Recently Watched - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Wait, American Hustle is about hustlers?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 8:10 pm

Hustlers who are American.  Shocking, yes.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 8:40 pm

what did you think it was about Moose?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 3:34 pm

Lucy
The set up is just weird. Morgan Freeman gives a big long speech about cerebral capacity and we only use so much and blah blah blah. He talked about it enough that I accepted that's how the brain works in this movie, but it was still odd. Like, he says most animals use 3% cerebral capacity, and humans have managed to use 10%. Which to me sounded like all brains were the same and humans just use it a bit better. Like if a horse got 100% of it's brain power unlocked it could do all the shit Lucy could do.

Basically the concept of "100%" is just having every brain neuron active, connected, and under control. Which means you can bend the fabric of time and space apparently.

The trailers made look like an action movie with Lucy using her powers to get revenge on the people who stuck the drug in her, but it's not. There's some action but mainly she just gets really smart and talks a lot. Weird movie, but entertaining enough.

Gravity
The whole film look amazing and Sandra Bullock was pretty good. I remember before it came out most people were complaining about her casting but she's fine. I think she was better than George Clooney, although he didn't have much to do to be honest. He's really calm through everything and it gets a bit annoying. All in all very good though.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Wolf of Wall Street

Typical Scorsese really, with all the good and bad that goes with it.  It's very well acted, the dialogue is terrific and there are some great (and very funny scenes), but it's three hours long, which is at least half an hour too long, it features every swear word known to man repeated every other word, and it has lots of boobs in it.  That's a good thing.  Thing is, you never really root for Leonardo DiCaprio because the character is clearly a colossal twat.  Ergo you don't really care when his world starts crashing down around him.  It was good, but nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 8:43 pm

Red Riding Hood
That 2011 horror movie based on the story
The good thing: Gary Oldman
The bad thing: Bad mystery, bad story, bad everything

X-Men Days of Future Past
Minus the undesired look at Wolverine's ass, the movie is terrific
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 9:40 pm

Noah

Rather grandiose retelling of the bible story, starring Russel Crowe, Jennifer Connely, Anthony Hopkins, Emma Watson and Ray Winstone. The plot spans decades as Noah first receives visions of the flood, then build an ark to escape it, before going quite frankly a little bat shit crazy about two-thirds of the way through the film. Some decent acting, but the final third made Noah look like a bit of a cunt really, so that did take the shine off it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 10:01 pm

That's 3 movies now where you didn't like the main character/s because they weren't 100% good guys.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 10:24 pm

Noah tries to murder his own grandchildren when they're only moments old, and even tells everyone he's going to do it for months before hand.  He's pretty far from 100% a good guy, yet he's supposed to be the hero of the tale.  Most films lose an awful lot without a hero character to rally around, and even when they're flawed they're usually not utter nutjobs.

Wolf of Wall Street's lead was just a colossal dick. He acknowledges as much, he just doesn't care as long as he's getting rich. I find it very difficult to empathise with anyone like that.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 10:35 pm

You should watch There Will Be Blood.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 11:12 pm

If you want to see a work devoid of a likable hero, you should read 'A Confederacy of Dunces' by John Kennedy Toole, Simian.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 1:53 am

Riddick.

It was kind of like Evil Dead 2, in that it was both a sequel to Pitch Black and an almost beat-for-beat retread of it too. Clearly they realised Chronicles of Riddick was a load bollocks that no one liked so they just decided to what worked the first time. Riddick is trapped on a planet, there's some aliens that only come when it rains, it's going to rain soon, they have to carry a ship part through all the aliens to leave. They even do the scene where he rattles the chains when the aliens start attacking.

Although to be fair that's only the last half of the film. The first half is Riddick alone on the planet surviving, and then killing mercenaries that come after him.

The stupidest moment is that the two teams of mercenaries both remove part of their ship, so Riddick can't just hijack one when they're not looking. They put them in a safe with an explosive lock. At one point they think Riddick might have got into it, or tampered with it or something. If they don't open it they can never leave, but they think Riddick might have changed the code on the bomb. But it turns out Riddick hadn't done anything, and they open it without the lock blowing up.

But then they just leave it open, and Riddick takes the ship parts, and one of the guys actually sees him and doesn't do anything, because he was scared or whatever. Such a dumb moment.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 4:09 am

Moose when you watch erotic movies on Amazon Instant Video everyone on your friends list can see.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 8:28 am

People can see what you watch on Amazon Instant Video.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 1:51 pm

I've also been watching Arrow on Instant Video. It's pretty good.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 3:34 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Moose when you watch erotic movies on Amazon Instant Video everyone on your friends list can see.
I know you have some odd fetishes but normal people don't consider Planet of the Apes an erotic movie.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 6:54 pm

Frozen

Granted, I'm not the target market, but what the hell was all the fuss about? I know people whose kids have the film on repeat, they literally watch it three or four times a week, and have the soundtrack playing in the car when they go anywhere. It's watchable entertainment, but by no means the greatest output to come out of Disney in the last few years.

Lucy

An oddity. I felt they strayed a little too far into what-the-fuck territory, especially at the - admittedly visually very impressive - ending. Quite fun, and unlike much, just not at all what I expected.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 6:37 am

SimianWonder wrote:
Frozen

Granted, I'm not the target market, but what the hell was all the fuss about?  I know people whose kids have the film on repeat, they literally watch it three or four times a week, and have the soundtrack playing in the car when they go anywhere.  It's watchable entertainment, but by no means the greatest output to come out of Disney in the last few years.

It's good for the first two-thirds of the film, but then everything after the snow golem segment is certainly underwhelming by comparison.

The songs aren't that great either. The poppish instrumentation for some of them is a bit out of place, and they don't gel with the score at all. It's also pretty bad that they're capped off by that terrible troll song too.

Let It Go? PFFT! Back in ouuuuuuuur day, we had Under the Sea!
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 6:14 pm

"There'll be no accusations, just friendly crustaceans, Under The Sea!"

That's the one, right?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 8:34 pm

SOK wrote:
The songs aren't that great either. The poppish instrumentation for some of them is a bit out of place, and they don't gel with the score at all. It's also pretty bad that they're capped off by that terrible troll song too.

Let It Go? PFFT! Back in ouuuuuuuur day, we had Under the Sea!
That trollish song is the only thing I like about Frozen.
And ice powers, I love ice powers.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 7:05 am

Dr. Faust wrote:
That trollish song is the only thing I like about Frozen.

Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 6:04 pm

Edge of Tomorrow

im not a fan of tom cruise but i really enjoyed this film, i always look at tom's films (cocktail for example) as crap barman, falls for girl, becomes great barman. That premise works for a lot of his films so i went into this one thinking along those lines & yes, this film was made for tom cruise.

the only issue i did have is
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 6:58 pm

I don't think it's ever said he invented the suit. He's just a PR guy.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 7:42 pm

Yeah, he's just the army spin guy.  He didn't create the suit, that's why he's utterly shit at using it the first dozen or so times. It was a really good film though.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 8:38 am

oh right that would explain a lot about not knowing then, it doesnt change the fact he was all over the tele yet no one recognises him though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently Watched   Recently Watched - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recently Watched
Page 14 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next