Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Before i start fallout 3 GOTY

Go down 
+4
Kimarous
Neo
brandon
Superbuu3
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 6:18 pm

Ooh, I just remembered:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Orcidea

This guy's channel is full of walkthrough and location vids for various quests and items, including alternate conclusions. Furthermore, he has them all neatly organized into their own playlists.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:56 pm

Has anyone got tips for taking down robots, im' trying to get into the national archives i fought through a horde of traps and mutants but now there's a crap load of robots
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:36 pm

do you have the robot perk where you can deactivate them? im assuming you have good sneak since you built your character to be a thief

if not use energy weapons they work for me
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:52 pm

fffffffffffff- well i just levelled a little while ago and i do have high sneak but i hadnt met any robots up to this point so iwll be awhile till i can get it.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:45 am

Yeah, just go with energy weapons. There might have been a weak place you could hit in VATS, but if there was, I've forgotten it.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 6:17 am

The combat inhibitor is on their back. If you can hit that, they should stop.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 6:18 am

YES, that's it.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:23 am

It's prolly totally too late by now, But...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:48 am

Rockstar_Bob wrote:
It's prolly totally too late by now, But...
Spoiler:
Really? This is my first time ever hearing about that.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:13 am

Kaede wrote:
The combat inhibitor is on their back. If you can hit that, they should stop.
That's only semi-true. Destroying the inhibitor just makes them attack their allies as well, if you're the only one there you'll still get shot.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 11:24 am

I've finished up most of the missions in this game. I'm trying to do every single mission in the main story first then i'll probably do Broken steel. If m save gets all glitchy and fucked i'll probably just restart and check out the other DLC.

Just trying to work out if i'll kill crowley or tenpenny or both, i'm thinking of killing both.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:06 pm

I killed Tenpenny, I just walked up to him and shot him in the head. Then I wished I talked to him first...
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:09 pm

Kill Tenpenny and fuck Crowley over. When you get the keys go to Fort Constantine yourself and take the armor.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:14 pm

If i screw over crowley won't he make underworld turn on me?

Also should i kill these guys with the keys i convinced 2 of them to give me keys (using cherry and intimidating the kid) i'm gonna goto dave's next
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:46 pm

Nope, he just starts to hate you. He's a liar anyway, while the people he sends you to kill did bad things he's no saint. Personally I left everyone except Tenpenny alive.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 am

Completed this now working on the platinum.
Need to hunt Super behemoths later.

What order sahll i do the DLC in?

I didn't actually bother doing any mainly because i couldnt be assed to walk to stuff
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 4:26 am

The order really doesn't matter, however some DLCs are significantly better than others.
Play Broken Steel if you want to continue the main story, Point Lookout if you want a massive scenery change as well as a great bunch of quests and items. Mothership Zeta and Anchorage aren't as good as BS and PL but there are fun moments in both, like commanding a squad to assault a Chinese base in OA and walking in space in MZ.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:09 am

You can screw over Crowley easily by giving him all the keys, waiting for him to leave Underworld, and killing him for no rep damage or agro.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 5:40 am

I needed a guide for the last one. Had something to do with a shopping troly...
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 2:23 pm

Buu, you are pretty hardcore.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:59 pm

So i did broken steel and the main game all the trophies.

But now my game is getting glitchy my save file is 11MB

Do you think i should do the other add ons with a new character? I never had any freeze issues until i was a lot further into the game. So im guessing restarting would be an option. Are there any sections of the DLC i'd need a high level character?
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:32 pm

The enemies level proportionally with you, right? Aside from perks, I shouldn't think you would need to be of a high level.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:57 pm

Alright thats cool i mean i think i only died twice the whole time i played this game in combat (i died a couple of times jumping off things to check how high i can jump without dying, also in that chamber at end of game asi didn't realise i was supposed to enter a code), once against a super mutant overlord with a trilaser and the other time when i first met a ghoul reaver at a low level and it killed me in like 2/3 hits.

So those things won't show up if i'm low level?

I do love this game i'm debating trading it in for new vegas though if i end up completing the 4 other expansions.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 7:33 am

Point Lookout enemies can be pretty powerful if you're on v.hard, usually people say you should be high level before you do it.
From memory deleting the game data will reset the cache, you could try that if you don't mind reinstalling and patching. Be sure not to delete the DLC data though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:53 pm

Well from what i hear the glitches are mainly associated with the bigger your save file i tried the clearing cache thing but that didn't seem to help.

Or should i not even start the game when i do that i.e. just stay on the menu screen without starting the game? As in not load my save file.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Before i start fallout 3 GOTY    Before i start fallout 3 GOTY  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Before i start fallout 3 GOTY
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next