Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fallout 4 Official Trailer

Go down 
+5
brandon
Skip
????
Eevil-Psycho
Haseoviawesome
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

Fallout 4 Official Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 6:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4

Wonder if there will be prewar parts in the game? They keep showing the past but that could just be to show the destruction that has happened. Also its taking place in Massachusetts. Boston is a confirmed area in it. Hurray for landmarks.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 11:04 pm

not impressed.

it's certainly not as beautiful as people are making it out to be either.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 12:40 am

I hear people go on a bitch fest about how horrible it looks.

I bet if it was the most goddamn impressive looking game and gets downgrade (I.E. Witcher 3 and Watch_Dogs and probably most pre-rendered trailers) people would have bitch of how they downgrade the graphics.

Does it look a bit ugly? Yeah, no denying, but I wait till E3 before we judge.

I want to see the gameplay before I scream towards Bethesda.

Trust me, Skyrim looked great then I played it. It wasn't that good. Wasn't terrible, but not "GOTY, ALL YEAR, GREATEST OF ALL TIME, 10/10!"

That is my main worry about Fallout 4 that it will be downgrade in gameplay like Skyrim did. That is when you should worry.

Hell you want know what you should worry about? If Bethesda finally hired play testers
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 5:41 am

So lets look so far of the Good, the Bad, and the ugly of the Fallout 4 so far (confirmed so far)

The Good:

Improved gun play: Seems like shooting in first and third person has improved dramatically. In Fallout 3 and New Vegas, the gun play in first person felt wonky and don't even dare play in 3rd person, it was bad. Hopefully what I am seeing so far is in the game and not just for show.

Building your own Settlement: Yeah yeah, it was a mod in 3 and New Vegas, but it looks really fucking fun. Building your own village was a dream idea I thought would never be implement in Fallout and be just a mod, but goddamn, they manage to add it in the game. So far it seems like a very more refined and more functional version of RTS or Wasteland Defense put together.

Weapon/Power Armor modding: Modding your weapons was fantastic in Fallout New Vegas and looks more refined. Now base weapons can be used and many possibilities of types of guns you can make. Power Armor is now included to be moddable to make your own walking tank. Speaking of which

Power Armor gameplay: Now Power Armor is was meant to be, a walking tank. Now it feels like people have to try real hard to take you down instead of the walking tin cans we seen in Fallout 3 and New Vegas (Hell even Fallout 1 and 2 a bit). Though the Jetpack was a bit unnecessary imo, but hopefully will still have limitation so Power Armor isn't this over godly equipment

The Bad:

Graphics: Maybe not the environments because they look great, but those character models, UGLY AS SHIT. I know Bethesda isn't the graphics king, but it looks dated as hell. Hell Witcher 3 with less resources at hand looks like one of the best looking games so far. So excuses aren't available for atleast something that looks next gen.

Voiced character: Technically not a bad or a good thing. Having a voice character and others call you by name is a cool and all, but his voice makes the choices feel limited (get to that in a minute) and it'll probably get annoying after awhile. Hopefully a way to shut him up will be good, but it might happen for one reason.

The Ugly:

That damn Dialogue Wheel: This thing..........This thing needs to die a slow and painful death. I hated it in Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition and hated in the Mass Effect games. It makes the choices feel limited and the dialogue choices I've seen are so basic, it makes your character look uninteresting and less interactive

I am fine with a normal dialogue options with more choices instead of "I'm good, neutral or an asshole." This is most likely to deal with the new voiced character, but it feels cheap
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 6:06 pm

Fallout 4 is a pretty good video game.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 2:34 am

can you be perverted in this game?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 4:58 am

Yes, my character accidentally slept with a singer after winning some flirting charisma checks.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 12:55 pm

Skipio wrote:
Yes, my character accidentally slept with a singer after winning some flirting charisma checks.

My PC likes to get freaky deaky. I had romanced that singer as well, and my dude wakes up with her and Deacon in nothing but his underwear.

Spoiler:

At first, I was a bit freaked out, but then I felt flattered that he would take part in my weird wild sexcapades that I often go through to cope with the loss of Lady Freeze and that other thing that was important. It brought us closer together and opened a door to a whole new world, y'know? I want more people to join in next time. Maybe I can even charm an entire settlement into the bedroom. Really shake things up.

By the way, I like all those random battles between factions you can often hear in background while making your way through occupied areas. Not long ago, there was some real major shit going on, with a lot of explosions and shooting all over the place, and in the middle of it all was a Legendary Giant Enemy Crab and a Legendary Hulk Butcher duking it out. That fight alone automatically made it the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny Part Deux. Especially when I entered the scene and wrecked their shit.

Last edited by SOK on Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 1:37 pm

Yeah, I love occasionally streaming into those, revolver in hand, and smoking the lot of them before they realise there's a third party on the field. Clearing the library was especially fun in that regard.

I was moderately upset about not being able to wear armour with the drifter outfit, I really liked the way my character looked with it. I found a couple of mods fixing that, but couldn't get them to work. Probably because I'm a filthy pirate.
Spoiler:

I have since been charging around in the Grognak costume, because I find it hilarious in a vaguely surreal sort of way. I'll take a screenshot next time I play.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 1:55 pm

I usually just wear a dopey mixture of some slightly modified armor pieces with those Legendary/star boosts on top of an upgraded vault suit. I don't go to the armour table much, nor have I raised its perk all that high either. Lately I've been wearing the Silver Shroud costume, though. I had gotten it ages back, but had only just completed the quest revolving around it recently. Even in its upgraded form, it isn't as good as the other stuff combined, but at least it looks cool. I think it'll get more upgrades from that SS fanboy when I'm at a higher level too.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 1:59 pm

Aw fuck, I killed that dude.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 2:10 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 2:25 pm

Ah, yeah, the speech is pretty great. I just feel a little bit of an obligation to always pick the red options when they show up after investing so heavily in charisma...
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 2:28 pm

I had to restrain myself on that. Each bit of yellow/red option during whatever conversations that would come up throughout the quest had to be sacrificed for some needed bit of ham to enhance the experience. I even disregarded some triangle options, just in case they'd skip over some Silver Shroud lines. It's a total flipflop from how I usually approach chats, as I'm one inquisitive son of a gun.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 2:39 pm

I was strong for most of it, but here I had to make an exception. The response you give is super hammy anyway: you actually use the phrase "ne'er-do-wells".

Edit:
This is the Grognak costume. That definitely looks way more protective than the drifter outfit...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 8:58 pm

You want ham, try the Silver Shroud quests. They're gloriously OTT.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 12:58 am

This game is just............

Its great, but very bad at the same time.

Like..........I don't know how to describe it.

Imagine you been knowing this girl for a really long time. She starts out as the sweetest human being ever.

But later in life, she becomes this really crazy bitch. Like not TOO crazy where you need to send her to a loony bin, but at the same time, its hard to stay with her.

She switches between very sweet girl and insane bitch at the drop of a hat.

Its hard to say if you are in a good relationship or bad one.

That is Fallout 4 to me.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 1:59 am

Skipio wrote:
This is the Grognak costume. That definitely looks way more protective than the drifter outfit...

Yeah, I also have that (along with the axe). As a dude, it's just running around in the loincloth.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 4:22 am

Empirewild wrote:
This game is just............

Its great, but very bad at the same time.

Like..........I don't know how to describe it.

Imagine you been knowing this girl for a really long time. She starts out as the sweetest human being ever.

But later in life, she becomes this really crazy bitch. Like not TOO crazy where you need to send her to a loony bin, but at the same time, its hard to stay with her.

Its hard to say if you are in a good relationship or bad one.

That is Fallout 4 to me.
Aren't loads of ppl into this shit?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 5:33 am

I can see where he's coming from. There's a certain lack of refinement among various aspects of the game, such as the clunky aiming and the rigid movement, the implementation of settlement customization being completely half-baked and also poorly explained, and there are some typical bugs and other little annoyances one would expect from a title such as this that'll be patched later.

Even the exploration might disappoint some people, given that a lot of locations to discover and enter can come off as a bit samey. You go in, encounter a generic horde of either ferals, mutants, synths, raiders or whatever, check out some terminals/journals to get a bit of flavor if there is some, then grab a bunch of junk n' loot and leave. Obviously, not the whole game is like that. There is still a lot of depth to be found, and players will encounter a fair bit of genuine quests and the like if they roam about enough. They're just not all over the place or as easily found (outside of populated safe areas where you're sure to get something out of 'em), unlike in The Witcher III, where it felt like you could experience a bigger variety of interesting things and accomplish a lot more in one play session. It's a create-your-adventure type of deal. Explore, dick around, and try to make those aforementioned samey encounters more interesting in your own way. However, I can still understand if people desire something more than that.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 3:36 pm

Basically what SOK said, but I'll add more.

Most people find the dialogue option to a complete utter joke, the removal of the entire skill and karma system as insult and just dumbing down the game, the story being an utter joke, and general a poorly optimize game for all ports with bugs on level of Fallout New Vegas at launch and dare I say Assassin's Creed Unity, which now in 2015 is inexcusable and no just because Bethesda made it, doesn't make it excusable

While I do see improvements like the combat system, companions with some damn personality, and maybe a more sort of grey morale game, it mentality is adopted from Skyrim a lot with its radiant quest system which I utterly despise, because it made that game a chore instead of an adventure.

Hell I thought Skyrim was a massive disappointment from its previous title. Though in my eyes, Fallout 4 sort of balanced its improvements and its downgrades. I thought Skyrim was a utter downgrade from Oblivion

If you never played a Fallout game before, personally, I would recommend this game, then I say played the previous ones too afterwards

If you have, I would say wait for this to get cheaper or wait for GOTY edition. The worst in the main series IMO.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 6:44 pm

bold shows up awfully in this quote text, id quoted you and bolded this:

Quote :

That said I doubt I'm going to buy this till the GOTY, i'm oping they fix up a lot of tings and add some intersting DLC, that one DLC for fallout 3 was great where there was a whole other town. I also loved that mission where you in the 50s. Is there anything as standout as that mission in this?
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 11:33 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
bold shows up awfully in this quote text, id quoted you and bolded this:

Quote :

That said I doubt I'm going to buy this till the GOTY, i'm oping they fix up a lot of tings and add some intersting DLC, that one DLC for fallout 3 was great where there was a whole other town. I also loved that mission where you in the 50s. Is there anything as standout as that mission in this?

Whole other town? You mean Point Lookout? Yeah, that was the best Fallout 3 DLC.

The 50s one was Tranquility Lane where you need to find your dad in the simulation

Stands out for Fallout 4 so far I gotten is the Silver Shroud and a mission where you go into some guys memory (Its part of the main story).

Nothing else outstanding beyond that, just menial bitch work with no backstory or heart.

Kind of like what Skyrim did. I mean you get one or two cool missions and 1000 other bitch work quest.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 11:36 pm

Also I was pissed off when I got the Combat Zone.

Turn out to be just another raider whole with a companion. Wasted potential for an entire quest with it like with Oblivion where you rank in the cage.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 3:09 pm

They really need to be more imaginative its like thqat cool mission in Oblivion where you get stuck in a painting, which there was more stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Official Trailer   Fallout 4 Official Trailer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 Official Trailer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next