Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batman: Arkham City

Go down 
+17
Old School
Savage
Eevil-Psycho
Talking Sock
Ellis
Dr. Chocolate
Ace
Kaede
Kaio
Skip
Neo
Baal
Kimarous
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Zero
A_Nonny_Moose
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 5:08 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Was it short moose?

Kaede wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
People here tell me I have horrible opinions all the time. But I don't mind because I know they're wrong.
Looking at your recent game purchases including:
El shaddai, Bloodrayne I can see why.

Screw your opinions, El Shaddai is one of this year's most important games, in that it's (I think) the first time an AAA title has had an art director as lead designer, in that it has new and original inspirations, in that it has Lucifel with tight pants talking to God on his cell phone, and because it's not trying to copy anything else.
Feisty Wink . Thats the first time i've thought you actually gave a crap about something in forever.

I did think the art direction of the game was amazing, but what little gameplay i played it did not feel worthy of being a full retail game. The simplistic and unique visuals are what made it a visual treat. But lets not forget video games are allowed to both look great and play great. Also is this really triple A?

Shank series to me is way more epic its done by artists and has some of the best combat gameplay this gen i can't wait to see what 2 delivers.

I agree that the gameplay didn't impress much, but I think that after a while it would improve. Also, looking at the different levels, and how varied they are, I get a gigantic lady boner, when comparing them to the levels in most major titles. It might not be AAA, but it's a higher profile game than most "artsy" games, which mostly get released on PSN or XBLA for $15.
As for Shank, I didn't mind it at all, but I just suck at side-scrollers, so it didn't grow on me as much as this has.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 5:20 pm

Kaede wrote:
I agree that the gameplay didn't impress much, but I think that after a while it would improve. Also, looking at the different levels, and how varied they are, I get a gigantic lady boner, when comparing them to the levels in most major titles. It might not be AAA, but it's a higher profile game than most "artsy" games, which mostly get released on PSN or XBLA for $15.
As for Shank, I didn't mind it at all, but I just suck at side-scrollers, so it didn't grow on me as much as this has.
Well shank 2 has online 2 player so i'll be awesome and help you with it.

Personally this gen i think the best way forward for artsy games is PSN titles, stuff like flower was breathtaking (though already looks dated unfortunately, still colourful and sexy though).

The main problem is if games go forward without having decent combat engines and being fully flesheed out, the artsy games will take abig hit from it. It will also be harder for people to take them seriously. Honestly metatron is the least impressive gameplaywise out of the artsy games for me, uh that i can think of atm at least. hopefully journey will be awesome, I also think the visual styling of outland is fucking amazing, you really should check out the demo on PSN.

Shank, flower and outland wre all amazing visually and gameplay wise none of them took a hit in the gameplay department over visuals and they are genuinely more fun then a lot of games i can think of. I'll post more on this when i got time i gotta leave with my dad now. BTW outland is freaking hard. laters.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Being able to switch weapons on the fly would have made El Shaddai pretty awesome. But I guess they wanted combat to be governed by the weapon stealing. It's a pretty cool idea, and it does make you think about the order in which you should take down the enemies. More enemy variety would have been cool too.

But I didn't feel ripped off after having paid full price for it.
Back to top Go down
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:45 am

Oh my goodness.
You can play as Batman Beyond.

This is new to me.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:16 am

Oh damn. Amazon has the steel book edition. I'm tempted. Luckily the PS3 version isn't available to order yet, so I'm safe for a while.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:32 am

I just went with the Collector's Edition. Pre-ordered it ages back. The stuff it comes with interests me and that was the only special release JB Hi-fi had, and they're the ones giving the cool costumes and Robin. Oh, and the game disc is in the back of the artbook, not in some stupid sleeve so that's fine with me.

EB Games has the Steelbook Edition, but the DLC it comes with is just some map and '70s Bats. Under the Red Hood was tempting, though. I wish they had also put that film in the CE instead of Gotham Knight.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:40 am

So tell me how I went to Gamestop to get my copy of this game on the midnight release and ended up winning a t-shirt, poster and cardboard stand for free by answering some Batman trivia? I had to carry all of this shit on a mile walk home, the Gamestop in Phoenixville is fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:09 am

Even though normal copies of the game broke the street date and came out(and already sold out, haha) the other day, my Collector's Edition may be delayed. It might come out tomorrow, but I doubt it.

Not a huge loss, though. I wanted to complete PoPTTT before I got it anyway. Didn't bother with the game for a few days so I have to make up for lost time. It shouldn't take long.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:30 am

If the CE had all the costumes I would have pre-ordered the crap out of it. I've got spare cases to stick the game in so that wasn't an issue for me.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 1:18 pm

God dammit, some of these AR Training missions are really stupid in how the timing works.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:34 am

Hahaha, what the fuck is that ending? Anyways, I've already beaten the game, yadda yadda.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:39 am

It's been less than 24 hours since you bought it. Do you literally have nothing else to do? I thought you just got girlfriend?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:43 am

I took the day off of school to play the game, Moose. You act like these games have had that much in terms of how long the story takes. I did some side mission stuff but decided "Fuck it, I'll do this at another time, I'd like to get through the story so I have everything accessible to me" and just went with main story stuff.

I obviously didn't 100% the game in 24-hours, I had to sleep at some point.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:51 am

Even so, I find it hard to play for more than an hour or two at a time. El Shaddai was barely 8 hours and that took me 4 or 5 days.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:53 am

So how long did the main story take?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:57 am

About 10 hours, but it probably would've been less had I just left side missions alone entirely until I played in the free-roam stuff. The game also tries to increase playability more by adding bullshit last sections where the enemies are placed so ridiculously that taking any of them out whether loudly or silently is bound to grab someone's attention and draw fire.

Especially at the end when there is literally a nest of sniper's that will murder you the second that catch you in their sights.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:24 am

Alright, the last boss of Catwoman's shit is really fucking annoying.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 6:52 am

Since people's CEs are still delayed, they've been giving out free copies of the game, and then we have to come back later and get our pre-orders(so we'll be winding up with two copies of the game, hah!).

That's pretty nice, but I hope they don't screw up with my pre-order DLC. I hope I'll still be getting the TAS Bats and TDKR costumes as well as that Robin DLC when I go to pick up the Collector's Edition later.

If worse comes to worst, at least I'll have the Beyond skin since that came with the free "sorry for the bullshit delay" copy.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 7:03 am

That's pretty good compensation, I'd say. I wish customer service existed here ;_;.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 7:13 am

The game is $40 off Steam at the moment so I went ahead and bought it, I doubt it's going to be any cheaper than that for a long time.

PC version isn't out for a month though, apparently they're still working on it which, I assume, means they're adding extra DRM which is always fun.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:39 pm

Stopped playing an hour or so ago. The game's pretty bitchin'.

I haven't done many side-quests so far aside from protecting people and one part of that Zsasz phone thing where you have to get to another one quickly.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:09 pm

So does this live up to the hype?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:41 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Have a look for yourself: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-batman-arkham-city/17-5079/
Personally I think it looks great, short of an actual batman simulator it seems like it's going to be as good as it gets although I think I said that about Arkham Asylum too.

Apparently the reason why the PC version was delayed is because they want to add all sorts of physics effects, frankly I don't see the point although the simulated physics on your cape in AA was nice compared to the preset animations.
http://www.shacknews.com/article/70681/batman-arkham-city-pc-edition-dated-physx-effects-unveiled
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 1:12 am

Superbuu3 wrote:

Well it pretty much is what I expected. It's basically Arkham Asylum but bigger and better, and with a lot more content. There have been complaints about certain side-quests, though, but I haven't bothered with many annoying ones yet.

Still, I can't see why anyone would be extremely disappointed with the game overall unless they expected it to give them multiple orgasms or something.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 11:53 am

Oh, that was cool. Killer Croc has a hidden cameo.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batman: Arkham City
Page 9 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next