Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batman: Arkham City

Go down 
+17
Old School
Savage
Eevil-Psycho
Talking Sock
Ellis
Dr. Chocolate
Ace
Kaede
Kaio
Skip
Neo
Baal
Kimarous
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Zero
A_Nonny_Moose
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:46 am

Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:50 am

I like how we all are throwin GotY around. I say we make a topic were we all place a friendly bet on what we think game of the year will be.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:52 am

I bet Ellis on Uncharted 3.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 11:48 am

Mad 802 Love wrote:
I like how we all are throwin GotY around. I say we make a topic were we all place a friendly bet on what we think game of the year will be.
Here at least we're only saying U3/Arkham City/Deus Ex, nothing else is up to there overall quality.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Is there an actual definitiv Game of the Year award? Or can anyonejust put out a Game of the Year edition if they want? Because more than one game did it last year.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:42 pm

The latter.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:45 pm

aren't there like multiple Game Of The Year awards by different magazines or award shows or other gaming related businesses ?

I always figured that's how it went..
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:50 pm

I always assumed the definative GotY was the game that got the most GotY awards.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:13 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
aren't there like multiple Game Of The Year awards by different magazines or award shows or other gaming related businesses ?

I always figured that's how it went..
Yeah, the only problem is that they all award it to different games and none of them have any authority in the first place so it renders the entire concept meaningless.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:37 pm

Uncharted 3 will probably beat out Arkham City because there are guns in it. Wider variety of taste in it.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 9:40 pm

Zero wrote:
Uncharted 3 will probably beat out Arkham City because there are guns in it. Wider variety of taste in it.
Batman's utility is greater then guns.

GOTY is taken by any game that won at least one GOTY award.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 11:08 pm

Neo wrote:
http://www.shacknews.com/article/69985/batman-arkham-city-gets-new-game-plus-mode

Confirmed game of the year.
It's basically hard mode but with all the gadgets unlocked from the start. It's not a real NG+.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 12:31 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Zero wrote:

Tell that to all the raging shooter fanboys. This is why I say U3 will probably gain more popularity.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 12:36 am

Zero wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Zero wrote:

Tell that to all the raging shooter fanboys. This is why I say U3 will probably gain more popularity.
The kind of annoying ppl your talking about hate on games like U3, for not being a proper shooter.

On another note how many GOTY of shooters on PS3 have you seen, i can only think of two CoD MW and Borderlands and Borderlands was more RPG then FPS. Shooters maybe popular but even the game industry recognises there not the best games.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 12:49 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Zero wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Zero wrote:

The kind of annoying ppl your talking about hate on games like U3, for not being a proper shooter.

On another note how many GOTY of shooters on PS3 have you seen, i can only think of two CoD MW and Borderlands and Borderlands was more RPG then FPS. Shooters maybe popular but even the game industry recognises there not the best games.

Actually a lot of people in my area that are FPS fanboys wish they had PS3 for the Uncharted games.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 12:51 am

Xbox fans wanting games like uncharted over gears of war... no i've heard everything.

Unless your talking about Wii players they'd want anything that looks next gen.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 12:54 am

Zero wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Zero wrote:

Or maybe Uncharted will gain more popularity because it's a really fucking fun game series with great cinematic style and immersive visual effects instead of the pretentious bullshit you're preaching.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 12:58 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Xbox fans wanting games like uncharted over gears of war... no i've heard everything.

Unless your talking about Wii players they'd want anything that looks next gen.

Nope believe it or not they think Uncharted is awesome. Not that they think it's better than Halo or CoD.

Baal wrote:
Zero wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Zero wrote:

Or maybe Uncharted will gain more popularity because it's a really fucking fun game series with great cinematic style and immersive visual effects instead of the pretentious bullshit you're preaching.

Spoiler:

A fair point about 360 but still anything with guns these days will sell. Not dissing the game by any means. I love the Uncharted games.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 1:02 am

Zero wrote:

A fair point about 360 but still anything with guns these days will sell.

It's like you don't even know what made Halo, Gears of War or Uncharted popular in anyone's eyes at all.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 1:04 am

Arkham asylum pretty much had the most positive reception i've sen of any game ever, i don't even recall anyone disliking it. I mean that says something. Every other game ever i hear lots and lots of criticism for.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 1:07 am

Exactly, Arkham City will no doubt be more popular than Uncharted 3 even though Uncharted is loved by a lot of people. This whole "Lol guns sell" logic is some of the most retarded reasoning I have ever heard.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 1:09 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Arkham asylum pretty much had the most positive reception i've sen of any game ever, i don't even recall anyone disliking it. I mean that says something. Every other game ever i hear lots and lots of criticism for.

This is also true. It certainly was a fantastic game, that's for sure. This holiday rush of games will be incredible.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:25 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:

Uncharted 2
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:31 pm

Mad 802 Love wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

Uncharted 2
Thats a load of crap i've heard of a lot of people complain about uncharted 2. Hell some people think 1 is better then 2.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:33 pm

No you're the only one to make that unfounded statement.

Seriously though I've never seen a game as universally praised like that since FFVII.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batman: Arkham City
Page 6 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next