Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today

Go down 
+11
Golden Boy
SimianWonder
Zero
brandon
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaede
Superbuu3
Kimarous
Neo
Talking Sock
Skip
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 1:41 am

but that will take time. and a lot of it.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 1:43 am

I'm debating whether or not I want to keep this game. Multiplayer is meh, the story is finished, and the DLC isn't all that compelling. I've tried Undead Nightmare, but it's more annoying than enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 1:45 am

Send it to me then.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:41 am

Well I'd like to try and get the Posse Up trophy before you trade it in(if you do so).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 12:13 pm

Kimarous wrote:
I'm debating whether or not I want to keep this game. Multiplayer is meh, the story is finished, and the DLC isn't all that compelling. I've tried Undead Nightmare, but it's more annoying than enjoyable.
Multiplayer is as good as the people you play with.

Even a bad game can be fun with friends but this actually has fairly decent multiplayer options.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 12:57 pm

I really do hope more co-op missions are added in the future though. Maybe even free like the previous ones(although that may be a stretch). The ones we have are great and I've played them countless times with peeps back then, but it's time for some more interesting ones.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:44 pm

This game is addicting. I spent like 5 hours without doing a mission at one point.

Killed my first catamount too. It was pretty funny, two sherrifs were chasing this one guy down on foot and I rode past them not thinkiiing anything of it, when behind the sheriffs I saw one pass me. It had no intentions of coming after me, so I turn my horse around, and start after the dude running from the cops. I lasso him, the catamount had already killed the cops at this point and he ignores me and starts munchin on the dude I hogtied. I shottied him while he did that and he died.

They are bitches. Only took two point blank sawed-off shots to kill it.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:03 pm

You made me think something interesting was happening. I'll probbably get back to finishing this.

Did everyone have a break from this game when they hit mexico?
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:48 pm

Mexico is my favorite part so far. I'm almost finished it. But for some reason I really enjoy riding everywhere on horseback so it doesn't get old for me but I can totally see how it would for others. Less places that have stage coach transportation makes it a nuisance sometimes.

I caught the Hungarian Half-Bred. That horse is crazy fast so I don't mind getting around at all on it.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:13 pm

It's alright, but it's not that fast. It's actually the slowest of the original big 3(big 4 if you count that War Horse from the collector's Edition).
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:22 pm

Huh, I just knew it was faster than what I had throughout all of New Austin. The one you get from the mission, Kentucky Saddleback or something like that, he ran off a cliff on me and died almost immediately after I got him and I never bothered getting the deed so I was cruising around on that shiney brownish horse. Cleveland something or other.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:47 pm

I kept my Kentucky Saddleback throughout the whole game(and made sure he was alive for most of the missions for that horse trophy). Then I switched to the faster American Standardbred.

Then after I got 100% completion, I decided to be eeeeeeeeevil and lower my honor all the way down to 0 so I could get that skullfaced horse(even if it's slower than the fastest ones).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:57 pm

How do you know what you're riding?

Also can you save more then one horse in some kind of stable or anything
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:01 am

No, but once you catch a horse, you can purchase a deed for it at one of the stores so you can summon it again if it died or something.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:08 am

Sora, what is the skull faced horse you're talking about? Sounds bad-ass.

Also If you are looking to do any multiplayer trophies add me. Ellis4Life is my PSN. I think I'm going to try and get all the trophies in this game cuz its a hell of a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:10 am

Ellis wrote:

Also If you are looking to do any multiplayer trophies add me. Ellis4Life is my PSN. I think I'm going to try and get all the trophies in this game cuz its a hell of a lot of fun.
You should just message me when you see me on, i'll be on a bunch tomorrow i think.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:14 am

Alright. It's my last friday off before the semester starts so I probably will be on quite a bit too.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:15 am

Ellis wrote:

When you act bad and lower your honor to the lowest it can be, the next time you summon your horse, you'll get this one with white "skull-esque" paint on its face and its body looks all cut up to boot. It's not a very fast horse, but it sure is one of the cooler looking ones. IIRC, you're also able to use the speed boost on any kind of terrain too.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:02 am

Mexico actually made me quit, it just got old. I really have to get back to it.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:42 am

Holy fuck. Once you get to West Elizabeth shit gets real. I've been riding around collecting plants killing critters and such and I've been mauled to death by a courgar. Twice. Mother fucker just jumps on your horse and strikes so fast. Also the bears scare the fuck out of me. Took a trip way up north in Twin Trees. Doubt I'll ever do that again....
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:17 am

Skip wrote:
Mexico actually made me quit, it just got old. I really have to get back to it.
Yeah i'll get back into this to. I think the characters were really starting to piss me off. Rockstar made interesting characters in there earlier GTA games vice city and before (a couple of alright ones in SA and only Brucie was a joker in 4) now they seem to try and repeat the magic but i hated most of the cast in RDR, I guess John Marston is way more likable then Niko but is that really hard? Bonnie is ok for the most part but all those guys you help to get you to fort mercer just pissed me off.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:15 am

I liked the miracle medicine guy, but maybe that's because he was an elitist douche.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:20 am

He definitely was one of the better characters in the game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:21 am

Skip wrote:
I liked the miracle medicine guy, but maybe that's because he was an elitist douche.

If there weren't so many missions with him i would have liked him he just talked way too much and gets you in load of crap for no reason. Its not so much a bad character eh just got annoying with so much screen time having said more then anyone in the game up to that point i think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today   Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well I bought Red Dead: Redemption today
Page 15 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next