Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?

Go down 
+7
Kimarous
Superbuu3
Mewmaster
Kaio
Skip
DeeCee
Baal
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Empty
PostSubject: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:48 pm

By all means it was a bad movie, but I still found it relatively enjoyable even if most of the jokes weren't and the human interactions were still taking up most of the movie.
Back to top Go down
DeeCee
Skypiea Priest
DeeCee

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:56 pm

Being a Transformers fan, I did. Though I wish the final battle was longer.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:56 pm

How about that rail gun they pulled out right at the end. Like, "Oh, by the way, we've had a railgun the WHOLE DAMN TIME."
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:58 pm

Yeah, it was really bad but I couldn't help but enjoy it. It had its own sort of charm to it, also I loved Skid and Mudflaps.
Back to top Go down
DeeCee
Skypiea Priest
DeeCee

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:09 pm

Skip wrote:
How about that rail gun they pulled out right at the end. Like, "Oh, by the way, we've had a railgun the WHOLE DAMN TIME."

HA! What's the difference between that and "yeah, we've had Megatron frozen here since y'know, like forever, built a dam over him and evolved our technology by studying him".
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 4:01 pm

You like Bleach too, so I'm pretty sure you just enjoy mindless trash.
Back to top Go down
Mewmaster
You're lying Dammit!
Mewmaster

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 4:05 pm

I enjoyed it.
But it's not like I went in with high expectations in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 6:28 pm

I realized...I AM A CRAB! wrote:
By all means it was a bad movie, but I still found it relatively enjoyable even if most of the jokes weren't and the human interactions were still taking up most of the movie.
Malcolm King wrote:

you two have so much in common
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 6:47 pm

I haven't watched either movie outside of scattered clips, trailers, and music videos. I have, however, played the game and I enjoyed that well enough. I've thought about borrowing them from my older brother, but I haven't gotten around to it (nor will I for some time, seeing as how he's going on a lengthy trip soon).
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:08 pm

Kaio wrote:
You like Bleach too, so I'm pretty sure you just enjoy mindless trash.

You don't need to be intelligent or a genius to enjoy Robots beating the shit out of each other, just like how you don't need to be an idiot to enjoy something that's bad.

Otherwise, Moose wouldn't enjoy Judge Dredd even though he knows it's bad.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:09 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Malcolm King wrote:

What? I enjoy robots beating up each other? You don't?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:11 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Malcolm King wrote:

What? I enjoy robots beating up each other? You don't?

i liked the fights in the first

transformers 2 was just plain awful
like why was optimus stronger then megatron
when in the first film he got his ass handed to him

i guess the fights were animated better but they weren't very interesting
also all the big things got killed shittily
the bit where the comic relief took on devestator was just shitty
also thought it was dumb to call a transformer devestator considering devestator which most ppl know as the tank and was in the first one died in the first film and looked different
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:18 pm

Quote :
like why was optimus stronger then megatron
when in the first film he got his ass handed to him

Because Megatron was twice his size.

Quote :
i guess the fights were animated better but they weren't very interesting

Well most of them were decent but the fight in the desert was a clusterfuck where you couldn't even recognize half of the robots.

Quote :
also all the big things got killed shittily

I think Devastator was the only one who got killed in a bad way, Sideswipe got killed in a pretty cool manner if I remember correctly.

Quote :
the bit where the comic relief took on devestator was just shitty

Actually I thought it was a pretty good choice, these two needed to do something other than be Wiggers for half of the movie and seeing as they were two of the smallest Autobots there it was only inevitable.

Quote :
also thought it was dumb to call a transformer devestator considering devestator which most ppl know as the tank and was in the first one died in the first film and looked different

Dude there was no Devastator in the first movie and Devastator has always been a Decepticon that was an amalgam of smaller decepticons.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:25 pm

Kimarous wrote:
I haven't watched either movie outside of scattered clips, trailers, and music videos. I have, however, played the game and I enjoyed that well enough. I've thought about borrowing them from my older brother, but I haven't gotten around to it (nor will I for some time, seeing as how he's going on a lengthy trip soon).

They're not very good movies but the first is widely considered to be better. I enjoyed the second one despite acknowledging it's bad although my major complaint is how fucking long the movie was. The movie could've easily been cut down to 90 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:26 pm

Devestator is in the first one just checked my dvd
he is the tank definitely

Megatron obviously whoops him in the first one
in the forest fight optimus is doing fine against him in a fight against multiple ones he gets stabbed in the back as he's off guard

in the final fight optimus rapes prime and the fallen effortlessly the power boost was just retarded, i guess it had a reason but it killed a potentially good fight
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:30 pm

Quote :
Devestator is in the first one just checked my dvd

If I remember correctly they renamed him Brawl because of a fuck up with one of the writers.

Quote :

Again dude, he's twice Optimus' size in the first one. After the shit getting blown out of him by the All-Spark you could see all of the metal fly off of his body.

Quote :
in the final fight optimus rapes prime and the fallen effortlessly the power boost was just retarded, i guess it had a reason but it killed a potentially good fight

I agree the fight could've been longer since this asshole was built up so much and while I myself have never been a fan of curbstomp fights, I was too busy fanboying over Optimus combined with Jetfire, even though it looked nothing like it did in Armada, I still enjoyed watching Optimus tear both of them a new whole.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:34 pm

Quote :
Quote :

Again dude, he's twice Optimus' size in the first one. After the shit getting blown out of him by the All-Spark you could see all of the metal fly off of his body.

lol i agree with you
i was using that as a reference to the strength levels changing

i didn't like how optimus was elevated in strength in number 2
it was more interesting for me when he was weaker

i mean i thought the rest of the autobots got shaftedin number 2
sure bumblebee got a fight but he cried like a bitch when sam clearly had become more of a dick since one and was full of angst
the rest did pretty much nothing

btw which one was sideswipe i can't remember everyones names
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:38 pm

Quote :

To be fair, this isn't any different from how the cartoons and other media handled it, Optimus has always been overpowered as fuck, while I agree him being weaker is more interesting, it's not like this isn't anything we haven't already seen.

Quote :
the rest did pretty much nothing

I agree, more focus on the other Autobots would've been nice, lord knows Arcee had like one line and Sideways had one too and the other ones... yeah, I barely remember the other ones. WHo knows, maybe the third movie will have more focus.

Quote :
btw which one was sideswipe i can't remember everyones names

It's the first Decepticon at the beginning of the movie that was a giant wheel, if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:42 pm

Quote :

To be fair, this isn't any different from how the cartoons and other media handled it, Optimus has always been overpowered as fuck, while I agree him being weaker is more interesting, it's not like this isn't anything we haven't already seen.
i guess your right

actually if anything i think my main issue was with megatron falling in power the fact he became an apprentice i wasn't a fan of

also it had the secondary effect of reducing my fave character starscream to a mere henchmen
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:43 pm

I agree, Starscream needs more fucking screen time. He's always been one of the best characters in the series.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:47 pm

I agree, Starscream needs more fucking screen time. He's always been one of the best characters in the series.

well in the first one he got a decent amount of screen time, well his actions at least
theres the cool scene where he takes out a bunch of jets and a couple of times the rest of the autobots brick it when they see him (i've seen this movie loads of time my nephew loves it)
and honestly i expected more screen time in the second seeing as he was the sole survivor from the first film
honestly just removing the fallen from the movie and making it megatrons plan after star scream realised how to resurrect him
would have made this movie way more interesting

i mean for me transformer is a vague memory and i only remember key characters
and i never remember any mention of the fallen from the shows
so that plus the fact he didn't achieve anything in battle made him seem very redundant
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:51 pm

Quote :
and i never remember any mention of the fallen from the shows

The Fallen was a big figure that was only shown in the comics, so yeah, it's not hard to believe you've never heard of him because I didn't know about him until the movie had come out.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 8:05 pm

alright that makes sense i haven't even seen a transformers comic
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 8:56 pm

I liked the film enough to buy it. Yes, the story was nonsensical gibberish, but in terms of watching big robots beating the snot out of each other, it delivered. And yes, the human bits sucked.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:39 pm

You also like Twilight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?   So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So was I the only one who enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next