Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultimate Spider-Man

Go down 
+8
Superbuu3
AbrashLara
SSMG
Baal
Kaio
DeeCee
Savage
Talking Sock
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:26 am

OMG they're even stealing classic X-Men lines

This recently revealed Ultimate X-Men cover only furthere demonstrates this show's biggest faux pas:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:20 am

That was fun
One negative thing I'll say, I don't like the voice of Iron Fist
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:40 pm

Either no one watched it yet or it's the kind of stupid no one wants to talk about
Who sits where?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:25 pm

Wait, did it start yet? I had no idea.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:46 pm

It was really bad. It's Seth Macfarlane meets Spider-Man.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Mr. Baal wrote:
Wait, did it start yet? I had no idea.
Two episodes
Kaio wrote:
It was really bad. It's Seth Macfarlane meets Spider-Man.
It's more like the Weekenders, and how they display character names is just like the way in Shattered Dimensions
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Does this image give you negative emotions?

Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 523989_10150660960043301_704263300_9184945_1764821988_n
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:39 pm

is that a jet pack? why is spider man wearing that?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 9:50 pm

Aunt May looks like she's in her 30s, what is this?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:32 pm

Alright, I watched the first two episodes and I have to say... it's alright. I mean, I don't like the Family Guy gags, nor do I really care for how damn gimmicky the humor is. I mean, Spectacular Spider-Man managed to do humor extremely well and not make it feel gimmicky or use cutaways. Peter's also a bit of a dick, which I really don't like. He's kind of insufferable really, I mean the whole thing with calling the other heroes "kids" when he's still in high school is really fucking frustrating. Hell, the reason he has to join SHIELD through "Collateral Damage" when the most they had to show for collateral damage was a fucking horse stuck in some glue and Fury says how wet Peter is behind the ears and then later he goes on to praise Peter for being experienced in Superheroing for a year is really fucking annoying.

Also, I hate them referring to Iron Man and Captain America as the end all, be all of superheroes. It's really fucking annoying, because it's not their cartoon nor should Peter be trying to look up to them. Iron Man becomes a drunk and is a massive asshole whose shining moments are when he's actually being a hero and Captain America is the beacon of good humanity, so he's not even fair to try and compare with. I also don't like that Aunt May looks so young, I mean it's always nice to see a new take on old characters, but Aunt May being old is something I feel should be a constant with Spider-Man, up there with Uncle Ben always dying.

Alright, time for the things I did like. I like the fact they're using this show as a springboard for lesser known superheroes, I mean seriously Luke Cage, Nova and Iron Fist are among some of the best B and C-List Marvel heroes and it's nice to see them getting some more exposure. I like the idea of Peter being trained by SHIELD and under Nick Fury's guidance, it's just a great premise that hopefully will get good as the show goes along. The humor when it doesn't do cutaway gags is actually decent to good, there's never a bad joke when they're actually within context of the scene and remain within reality, like the joke about Nova being Buckethead and then him going along with it, that was actually pretty funny.

The voice acting is actually really good too, Drake Bell is not the noteable example, he's just sort of there. It's the rest of the cast that shines very well, Tom Kenny voices Curt Connors, Doc Ock, and the Wizard and you can obviously not tell the difference between them throughout the show... okay maybe Connors and the Wizard, but Doc Ock is actually very different from the other two audibly. Tara Strong voicing Mary Jane is great, because Tara Strong is never bad in anything she does ever. Greg Cipes is actually a really good choice for Iron Fist, he's got a very nice light voice for the character, but knows how to turn it up for intensity, it's really good. Also, when I heard Clark Gregg as Agent Coulson, I flipped a shit. I mean, holy crap I did not expect them to get one of the movie actors on board to voice one of the characters, that shocked the hell out of me.

The show did just start and I'm willing to give it a chance from here on out, if it ever gets egregiously terrible, trust me you'll hear it.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:33 pm

Captain Cuddles wrote:

That's from a cutaway joke. He does have a Spider motorcycle though...

Mr. Baal wrote:

That's what she looks like in the USM comic.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Kaio wrote:
Captain Cuddles wrote:

That's from a cutaway joke. He does have a Spider motorcycle though...

Mr. Baal wrote:

That's what she looks like in the USM comic.

Yeah, she looks like she does in the comics, but I always felt she was still kind of old in the USM comics... maybe it's just because she's animated now, that might be the reason I feel she looks younger... it doesn't help they have her doing a host of crap in the episode.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 9:02 am

Captain Cuddles wrote:
He pictured this as a reward
No chance of getting it

Mr. Baal wrote:
Alright, I watched the first two episodes and I have to say... it's alright. I mean, I don't like the Family Guy gags, nor do I really care for how damn gimmicky the humor is. I mean, Spectacular Spider-Man managed to do humor extremely well and not make it feel gimmicky or use cutaways. Peter's also a bit of a dick, which I really don't like.
It's the brain child of the writers of OMD & OMIT and Batman HUSH, expect more face cringing moments

Quote :
Alright, time for the things I did like. I like the fact they're using this show as a springboard for lesser known superheroes, I mean seriously Luke Cage, Nova and Iron Fist are among some of the best B and C-List Marvel heroes and it's nice to see them getting some more exposure.
Thumbs up for that
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Harry's watch with the symbiote reminds me of the costume container from Spider-Man Unlimited
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:38 pm

This show got real bad fast, I'll go into more detail when I'm not using a phone to post.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 10:59 pm

Episode 13 is good, it has some good moments, and finally a character had something more about him than being a star in Pokemon series, that show tells more about one pokemon in one episode than an entire season tells about one of the main characters, the heroes other than Spider-Man felt like that, with Nova the only possible exception, and episode 13 actually had good thing going for Danny

Now we have Barfsome, a lame episode of a lame robot, and lame S.H.I.E.L..D, Juggernaut is random, every character is random, and Dr. Connors who have no reason at all to be the Lizard in this show -might transform to the Lizard next season, there's a rumor- is there babbling about Spider-Man being able to get his help in a flashback

One episode was a step up, followed by an episode that is a step back from all the episodes before Strange
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:40 am

It's because they're trying to relate shit to the movies, instead of getting the Lizards transformation out of the way first, they wasted all of their fucking time in the first season on noteworthy villains or fucking chumps. They wanted to wait until the movie was out because Jeph fucking Loeb thinks the general public can't fathom two similar things having differences.

See: The new Avengers cartoon replacing/continuing from Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

At this rate I might as well watch MLP with Marvel ruining myfucking superhero cartoons.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:51 am

Fuckity fuck.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:54 am

SPIDER-MAN CARTOONS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS GOD DAMMIT
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:22 am

Last episode is not so bad, except for the "Now you know why you should follow orders?" shizzle once more, like he said it in episode 12, and every episode before that
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:26 pm

They let Roger Craig Smith voice John Jameson using his regular voice, that's pretty sweet
I keep thinking of RCS as a proper voice for John Jameson whenever I think of his adaption in Spider-Man Unlimited
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:52 pm

I just watched through Spectacular Spiderman and I think it's a crime against humanity that it was cancelled. Seriously, what is it with genuinely good Marvel shows and being prematurely ended?

Should I give this a try or not even bother?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 6:19 pm

Go for it if you want nothing, but disappointment and hatred for Marvel Animation.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 1:50 am

After looking at a couple of clips on youtube the only good thing I can say about it is that it looks pretty.

I think I'll take your advice and wait impatiently for the next Spidey cartoon.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 2:21 am

Its a kids cartoon through and through.

Young Justice is pretty decent but that has got axed i think.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Spider-Man
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next