Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultimate Spider-Man

Go down 
+8
Superbuu3
AbrashLara
SSMG
Baal
Kaio
DeeCee
Savage
Talking Sock
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:03 am

Most superheroes cartoons don't last more than a few seasons since the 2000s started. Justice League and the Batman are the only two exceptions as those got about five seasons each (JLU sort of counts as the extra 3). You could also count the homegrown stuff like Ben 10 and Danny Phantom I guess, but those were being funded by entire companies that are based around cartoons rather than a comic book company that has an animation division and needs to make deals with stations to air their stuff, although with Disney and WB acquiring Marvel and DC respectively that might become less of a problem in the future (I kind of doubt it).

Looking at more recent cartoons the huge tragedies are that fantastic shows that had nothing but potential to become even greater and had fantastic amounts of support were stopped for completely stupid reasons. Spectacular Spider-Man because Sony lost the license to Spider-Man's television rights and Disney wanting their own Spider-Man series to market despite being arguably the best superhero cartoon up there with Batman: TAS and undoubtedly the best Marvel one. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes which is the closest that Marvel Animation has come to having their own JLU style cartoon which shows off the rich universe and characters in Marvel and did its own thing instead of just basing it around the central four (Cap, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk). Now Marvel wants to take that away with the popularity of the Avengers movie and just put it more in line with Movies. How in line? Wasp, Ant Man, and Black Panther are nowhere to be seen in the central team, Hawkeye's not wearing his Ultimate Comics stuff, and fucking Falcon is in the main team. FUCKING FALCON, the dude who flies and talks to birds is being put in over Black Panther, Wasp and Ant Man, three significantly more interesting and less dumb characters.

DC's stuff got hit hard too. Green Lantern the Animated Series is the first Green Lantern based product that does a great job at taking the mythology of GL and making it both funny and spectacular. It makes Hal Jordan enjoyable for fucks sake and they're not gonna renew it for a second season. Batman The Brave and the Bold is surprisingly one of the only recent superhero cartoons that weren't killed because of REASONS and was stopped because the team felt like they hit a good run with the material and didn't want to risk the chance of everything becoming stale. I haven't watched Young Justice yet, but that's something I plan on going through and I'm sure that's another show that was killed because of dumb stuff.

Superhero shows are in dire straits right now in terms of actual quality, chances are we're not gonna get another SSM any time soon since USM seems to be doing rather well and won't be dying for another few seasons, I don't see any chance of the new Avengers not being ass, and DC's new stuff doesn't look too appealing either.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:08 am

It's not a good thing that's been happening. There's also Wolverine and the X-Men cancelled for bs reasons. Not as good as SSM, but a very enjoyable show and the best X-Men cartoon.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:18 am

Wolverine and the X-Men is really damn good and it's a shame they didn't get a second season because they were planning for Deadpool in the second season and after they nailed him in Hulk vs. Wolverine, I'd have to loved to see what they had planned for him in the show.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 4:18 am

It would have been amazing, some Age of Apocalypse shit going on too. But alas good marvel cartoons are clearly not meant to be.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 12:00 pm

I don't really know the heroes in Young Justice, but the series seems to take part early in the DC timeline, which makes it a good show if you know nothing about the characters. The League is there, but rarely take a main part although a lot of adult characters make cameos. Other young heroes make cameos. I thought it had more in common with the Justice League, which I absolutely loved more so than Teen Titans (2000), which I also enjoyed, but seemed a lot more kiddy. Wally West (My favourite Flash) is Kid Flash with Dick Grayson as Robin (my favourite Robin), then there's Speedy who makes cameos.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 11:28 pm

The show is dying, Marvel decided to close this chapter in animation.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 4:01 pm

This show has ended

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 1:00 pm

If that is the ending thats fucking depressing.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 8:24 pm

That's part one of the series finale, they decided to go 2 episodes for season finales, except season 3, that has 3-4 episodes finale.

The show ends with Spider-Man defeating the sinister six, curing Vulture and Rhino, saves the trapped heroes, and he's no longer part of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Spider-Man   Ultimate Spider-Man - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Spider-Man
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5