Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman

Go down 
+13
Haseoviawesome
Kaio
Talking Sock
Golden Boy
Kaede
Baal
Kimarous
Charlie Sheen
A_Nonny_Moose
SimianWonder
Superbuu3
Skip
Dr. Chocolate
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

You like Batman more or Spider-Man?
Batman
Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Vote_lcap43%Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Vote_rcap
 43% [ 13 ]
Spider-Man
Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Vote_lcap43%Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Vote_rcap
 43% [ 13 ]
I enjoy them both as much
Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Vote_lcap13%Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 30

AuthorMessage
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Empty
PostSubject: Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman   Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 12:44 pm

Simple as the title is, who of these two heroes do you prefer?
Every time I see reasons to say either one of them sucks are terribly bad reasons

Spider-Man is the funny guy who operates alone the most of all superheroes, he was never a team member before they do a move I don't like and place him in the "New Avengers". In general he is made to be the cool superhero who takes his steam out on villains he fight, he creates his own stuff, if some hero suggests helping him he mostly declines. As a character he is the average joe who represents most of everyone problems and joys, and that's the fun about him

Batman is the serious guy with no superhuman strength, no super soldier serum or that kind of stuff, well known as the most "Lone Wolf" in the DCU but he surrounds himself every time with under-aged sidekicks, has a butler and a police commissioner to help him, he also was a member of JLA since the start. Many of the DCU are more lonesome than he is

State your opinion(s)
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman   Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 12:48 pm

Spidey all the way.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman   Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 12:50 pm

spider-man

why i like spider-man is simply he isn't ever portrayed as invincible, he always seems to get his ass kicked and basically every single one of his villains could kick his ass

he's got a decent mix of powers without being overall overpowered in any one sense. the powers he gained before the another day thing or whatever it was called may have been a it overpowered, but he don't have those any more.

batman i mainly like purely for the joker who is one of my all time fave villains (if not my fave), without the joker i don't think i would of liked batman at all. also this whole time to plan thing just irritates the hell out of me

i'll write more later when more ppl have replied
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman   Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 5:02 pm

Spidey all the way.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman   Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 5:06 pm

Skip wrote:
Spidey all the way.
SimianWonder wrote:
Spidey all the way.
was that intentional
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman   Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 8:26 pm

Batman. Because I just never really bothered with Spider-Man. Never really bothered with comics at all, but Batman has better films (overall).

Last edited by A_Nonny_Moose on Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman   Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 8:34 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Skip wrote:
Spidey all the way.
SimianWonder wrote:
Spidey all the way.
was that intentional

No. I didn't even read the other posts.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

PostSubject: Re: Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman   Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:34 am

Hmm Spiderman he's funny, and the comic book series is better. I like the Batman films better minus the 3rd which + Dark Knight in my mind.

Spiderman is an average person, who realizes the results of what happens when you refuse to help people. He also knows how to co-operate with the Government, but won't participate with stuff like the Civil War event.

He got involved, but didn't help the Government.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman   Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 3:06 pm

"Peter Parker" is very similar to me in character I feel he's mostly based on me, except that he is 24 years & two months older in existence than the date of my birth

I prefer the funny smart imperfect guy who works alone much more than other heroes (Spider-Man) over the over genius almost perfect always depend on young sidekicks guy (Batman)

But yeah, Batman does have the absolute best movie (his movies vs Joker since that one in 1989), and the absolute best animated show ever (Batman:Tas)
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman   Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:23 pm

While I like both quite a bit, I'd have to go with Batman.

Batman > Marvel characters > remainder of DC
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman   Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 8:18 pm

Batman because he always stays true to his principles, well most depictions of him.

Spidey obviously fucked this over in One More Day
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman   Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 8:22 pm

Spidey hasn't nearly as good a history as Batman has. Add to OMD the debacle that was the Clone Saga, especially Maximum Clonage.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman   Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:03 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Batman. Because I just never really bothered with Spider-Man. Never really bothered with comics at all, but Batman has better films (overall).
The first Spider-Man movie was pretty good, though.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman   Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:36 pm

Batman is boring. Spider-Man all the way.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman   Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:42 am

Dr. Faust wrote:
"Peter Parker" is very similar to me in character I feel he's mostly based on me, except that he is 24 years & two months older in existence than the date of my birth

I prefer the funny smart imperfect guy who works alone much more than other heroes (Spider-Man) over the over genius almost perfect always depend on young sidekicks guy (Batman)

But yeah, Batman does have the absolute best movie (his movies vs Joker since that one in 1989), and the absolute best animated show ever (Batman:Tas)
peter parker is someone ppl can relate to
bruce wayne isn't

this is what clinches it for me, i never quite got batmans character, he's really odd
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman   Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:46 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Dr. Faust wrote:

bruce wayne isn't

this is what clinches it for me, i never quite got batmans character, he's really odd
Yes, because everyone can relate to someone who makes a deal with the devil by sacrificing his marriage in order to save his dying aunt against her wishes. People also relate to someone who goes into an emo fit when a man named "The Jackal" tells him he may or may not be a clone, and then subsequently joins forces with said character some time later.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman   Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:48 am

Kimarous wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Dr. Faust wrote:

bruce wayne isn't

Yes, because everyone can relate to someone who makes a deal with the devil by sacrificing his marriage in order to save his dying aunt against her wishes. People also relate to someone who goes into an emo fit when a man named "The Jackal" tells him he may or may not be a clone, and then subsequently joins forces with said character some time later.

i was more talking about there origins
in peter parkers scenario what happens is something that ppl would naturally do given his abilities
bruce wayne decide to dre4ss up as a bat, and despite slightly crazy tendencies follows the law
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman   Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:03 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Kimarous wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Dr. Faust wrote:

bruce wayne isn't

in peter parkers scenario what happens is something that ppl would naturally do given his abilities
bruce wayne decide to dre4ss up as a bat, and despite slightly crazy tendencies follows the law
So dressing up as a spider is better than dressing up as a bat? That seeking vengence and justice, and beholding the larger picture, are not traits that are relatable, while being a dickweed is?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman   Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:04 am

Quote :

Oh, so people can relate to being the cause of their parent's death than to seeing their parents being murderer right before their eyes?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman   Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:10 am

We will do him! wrote:
Quote :

Oh, so people can relate to being the cause of their parent's death than to seeing their parents being murderer right before their eyes?
eh?
i was saying you can relate to a guy who can stop something makes a bad judgement call and gets his uncle killed

over a kid who sees his parents die then about 20 years later decide to dress up as a bat

and kima he at least had a direct relation to a spider he had powers hence he became a hero
batman had none but decided to be one
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman   Your Preference: Spider-Man or Batman Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:17 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
We will do him! wrote:
Quote :

eh?
i was saying you can relate to a guy who can stop something makes a bad judgement call and gets his uncle killed

over a kid who sees his parents die then about 20 years later decide to dress up as a bat

and kima he at least had a direct relation to a spider he had powers hence he became a hero
batman had none but decided to be one
He had a fear of bats, thus seeing bats as a symbol of fear, and wanting to be a symbol of fear for criminals, he thus took the bat as his image.