Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Empty
PostSubject: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters   Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:58 pm

Anyone play it, on PSP or PS2? Only played the PSP version, and although you could tell it was an insomniac game, I still liked it. Played it through 5 times according to my memory stick.

There was nothing really new about the game, but the best bits were the giant Clank sections. Rather than rampaging aorund on foot like he did in the past, he flies around in space this time. Feels like an old arcade space shooter, except more hectic. It's a shame there's only 2 of them, because they're the most fun part of the game.

Countering that though, the hoverboard parts suffered badly, and were much worse than they had been previously. Controlling the thing was much harder for some reason.

Last edited by Gar Gar Binks on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters   Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 12:00 am

I don't see why they keep bringing those hoverboard races back, since they've been pretty much shit since the first game.

I liked the rest of the game though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters   Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 12:01 am

They weren't great in the first game, but they were better than they are in Size matters.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters   Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:00 am

I liked the old hoverboard races.

I HATED the ones in Size Matters, 'cuz it was so damn hard to control.

Size Matters is FUCKING HARD, though. I managed to beat it once, but I can't get past the boss of the farm level on challenge mode.

My little brother (who has beaten ALL the R&C games besides it) can't beat the game at all O.o
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters   Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:03 am

Dirjel wrote:
I liked the old hoverboard races.

I HATED the ones in Size Matters, 'cuz it was so damn hard to control.

Size Matters is FUCKING HARD, though. I managed to beat it once, but I can't get past the boss of the farm level on challenge mode.

My little brother (who has beaten ALL the R&C games besides it) can't beat the game at all O.o
Really? It was probably hard the first time, and maybe the second since you have have to start building up the special version of weapons, but the end boss is harder. I can't remember how hard things were on the first play through really, since it was a while ago. I only started playing the game again yesterday, and it says I'm on my 6th go, so I've obviously beaten them quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters   Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:05 am

I should probably hunt down some better armor, and grind moar, or maybe use some maxed weapons on the boss.

Whenever I play a Ratchet and Clank weapon, I don't use weapons AT ALL unless they still need to level up.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters   Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:08 am

Well, all my weapons are the special versions (the ones you can only buy after one play through that are just more powerful versions of the normal weapons) and they're all fully leveled. I can breeze through most levels just using the Armoogeddon.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters   Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:11 am

Of course.

But, it's still my first run through challenge mode, so I'm still raising the levels on all my shitty guns.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters   Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:15 am

Yeah, first run on challenge mode can be hard.

There's bit's or armour I never got because you need to do those races to get them and I find it almost impossible to win. The final armour set makes you invulnerable while moving I think, which is pretty cool. I think you can only get it on the 3rd playthrough though.

Actually, the armour system is another great thing about the game. The fact that you can mix and match pieces to create new sets is good, and each set has different attributes beyond just reducing damage. Did ToD use this system or go back the old one from 2 and 3?
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters   Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:18 am

It's back to the old.

Every Ratchet and Clank game has a feature that is better than the equivalent in every other Ratchet and Clank game.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters   Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:24 am

Really?

Can't think what features 1 and 3 had that were better than 2... Oh wait, 3 had those Quark comics, they were good. But Ratchet and Clank 2 is awesome. Best of the bunch in my opinion (haven't played ToD).
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters   Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 7:13 pm

Heh, just fought the farm level boss again. With fully leveled weapons it takes about 15 shots from the RYNO to beat it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters   Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 7:38 pm

CockPissPartridge wrote:
Heh, just fought the farm level boss again. With fully leveled weapons it takes about 15 shots from the RYNO to beat it. Razz
Go away. We're not friends anymore TT_TT
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters   Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 6:52 pm

Are you playing the PS2 or PSP version?
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters   Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:00 pm

PSP version. I bought it first thing, before they even announced the PS2 version.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters   Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:03 pm

Oh. I was wondering whether or not the board races were still shit in the PS2 version. It might be easier to control with a proper stick.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters   Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:04 pm

Maybe. I kind of want the PS2 version more than the PSP version, but not enough to re-buy the game.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters   Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:05 pm

Was there anything different about the PS2 version?
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters   Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:07 pm

Nope. It was a straight port, to the best of my knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters   Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
Page 1 of 1