Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ratchet & Clank PS4

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Ratchet & Clank PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Ratchet & Clank PS4   Ratchet & Clank PS4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 10:40 pm

This game is gorgeous. The first level is pretty different from the original, involving both a Ratchet tutorial and a Clank tutorial. But after that is Novalis, and it's an exact replica of Novalis from the original, except much nicer looking.

From this:
Ratchet & Clank PS4 Tobruk_Crater

To this:
Ratchet & Clank PS4 Ratche10

I'm not far into the game but the story seems largely the same so far. Drek is making a planet and Clank is a defective bot that wants to get Qwark's help. It's framed by narration from Captian Dwark after the fact, which is odd. He also serves as a rather forceful tutorial in places, telling you what to do in the guise of telling a story. As an example if you stay underwater too long you'll hear narration like "Of course, Ratchet knew he would have to surface for air soon".

As I expected the characterisation is a bit different too. Ratchet was kind of a dick in the original, but now he's the hopeful have-a-go hero he was in the later games.

The gameplay is fine though, and you've got your usual early weapons. Blaster, bomb glove, flamethrower. The collectibles are now Cards rather than Gold Bolts. The cards and trivia cards based on weapons, locations and characters from the whole series, which is a nice tough. Completing a set unlocks a new item or upgrade for Challenge mode I think, but I haven't found enough to know for sure what they do yet.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet & Clank PS4   Ratchet & Clank PS4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 10:44 pm

For a series with as many entries as it has, and for the amount of times I've played them, this still triggered a serious nostalgia rush which won me over immediately. I would love to see Naughty Dog give Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy this kind of treatment.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet & Clank PS4   Ratchet & Clank PS4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2016 3:37 pm

I'm up to the Gadgetron HQ and enjoying this a lot, the weapons in the game are like a greatest hits from the entire series, lots of cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet & Clank PS4   Ratchet & Clank PS4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2016 7:20 pm

yeah, this is really fun. Haven't played the original so I can't compare but I'm enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet & Clank PS4   Ratchet & Clank PS4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ratchet & Clank PS4
Page 1 of 1