Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS

Go down 
+13
SimianWonder
Talking Sock
Ellis
Maskull
Skip
DeeCee
Kaede
Kimarous
rolbat
Baal
Aristoxenus
Kaio
Superbuu3
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Skip
Australianus
Skip

One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:09 am

Oh shit, Law's a warlord now? Cool.

Also I totally called he'd show up.

Skip wrote:
Well this is getting more interesting. I hope Brook gets to play the hero, and I hope this harpy (or whatever she actually is) proves interesting.

The samurai who's gotten dissected makes me think of Trafalgar Law, so if he shows up that could be cool. Though it seems to be something else that's pulling the strings with the abduction.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:25 am

Yeah, Law's a Shichibukai. Check out his former bounty as well; 440,000,000 berries. When we last saw him at Saobody, he hat 200,000,000. He must have done some serious shit the last two years to get a higher bounty than Luffy.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:28 am

I figured whatever it was couldn't have topped collecting the still beating hearts of pirates. Crazy motherfucker, somehow it only makes him cooler.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:43 am

Yeah, Law's great. I won't spoil things for you, but he has a reasonable amount of screen time this arc.

Also, on the subject of bounty, think about this; Luffy attacked Enies Lobby and declared war on the WG, he then caused a shit storm on Saobody, broke into - and out of - Impel Down, something no one had ever done before, and then managed to free Ace at Marineford, revealing both his lineage and his conqueror's haki. All that, and Law was still perceived as a greater threat to the World Government. Again, just what the hell was he doing during the timeskip?!
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:20 am

So Law's still bossing around. I'll be genuinely interested to see how him vs Smoker plays out.

Brook had a fantastic entrance, god he's amazing.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 8:37 am

Another strong episode. Good artwork, Law was awesome, and Sanji-in-Nami was just as goofy as I'd expected.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 9:07 am

That sounds dirty.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 1:31 pm

Can't believe they switched the voices as well. This is such a piece of shit show, they can't get the simplest things right.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 5:07 am

Law vs Smoker was cool, didn't see the conclusion of that coming though.

Completely sick of the kids already.

I hope things don't de-escalate now that Smoker vs Law is at least temporarily over if not completely over.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 11:05 am

Not a bad episode, but I fear the pacing may slacken somewhat now. At least Law v Smoker looked pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:16 pm

Monet stole the show.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 5:06 pm

I still don't get the love for Monet.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:03 am

So Caesar Clown is a bit insane.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 9:31 am

If by "a bit" you mean "completely and utterly tit-rippingly so" then yes.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 10:06 am

Quite frankly I call BS to Zoro being taken down by anything ever.
Back to top Go down
Rosalyn_86
First Mate
Rosalyn_86

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 3:28 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
I still don't get the love for Monet.

Can't stand harpies. Something to do with being an ex-WoW player. Mad

Yeah...the end of that last episode was a bit of a surprise. Maybe things won't be as they seem.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 4:39 pm

Skip wrote:

Don't worry too much about the end of the episode, it really doesn't impact Zoro's badass-ness.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 9:11 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Skip wrote:

Don't worry too much about the end of the episode, it really doesn't impact Zoro's badass-ness.
You're right. What happened was acceptable.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 2:20 am

What was up with that apple turning into a devil fruit? Is that what happened?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:32 am

Man-made Devil Fruits basically, yes.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:37 am

Is One Piece going to get all Tolkien-esque "technology is bad"?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:40 am

Zoro just can't stop being a badass.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 10:53 am

I was a few weeks behind but got caught up this week. My only real gripe with PH thus far is that by padding out the major encounters (notably Luffy v Ceasar and the subsequent Luffy v Monet) they inadvertently make Luffy look like a novice. Manga-wise, those encounters were brief, Luffy very quickly sussing out their techniques and trying to exploit them, whereas the anime shows him repeatedly trying the same technique even when it didn't work before. Yes, it helps make pushover villains a bit more of a threat, but it makes Luffy look both far weaker than he is, and undermines his fighting smarts.

I just hope they don't give a particular upcoming fight the same treatment, because it was one of the standout moments of the arc.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 12:38 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
I was a few weeks behind but got caught up this week.  My only real gripe with PH thus far is that by padding out the major encounters (notably Luffy v Ceasar and the subsequent Luffy v Monet) they inadvertently make Luffy look like a novice.  Manga-wise, those encounters were brief, Luffy very quickly sussing out their techniques and trying to exploit them, whereas the anime shows him repeatedly trying the same technique even when it didn't work before.  Yes, it helps make pushover villains a bit more of a threat, but it makes Luffy look both far weaker than he is, and undermines his fighting smarts.  

I just hope they don't give a particular upcoming fight the same treatment, because it was one of the standout moments of the arc.
Yeah they did the same thing with Hody on the Noah. In the manga, Luffy one shots him with Elephant Gun right away and it's awesome; in the anime, Hody smacks Luffy around for a couple of minutes before he counterattacks. I couldn't handle watching only the anime.

The worst example I can think of was they stretched out Luffy vs. Bellamy so that Luffy kept getting knocked off balance and falling off things while dodging Bellamy's attacks so that he looked really incompetent. One punch, dammit.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 1:36 pm

Casa wrote:
Yeah they did the same thing with Hody on the Noah. In the manga, Luffy one shots him with Elephant Gun right away and it's awesome; in the anime, Hody smacks Luffy around for a couple of minutes before he counterattacks. I couldn't handle watching only the anime.

The worst example I can think of was they stretched out Luffy vs. Bellamy so that Luffy kept getting knocked off balance and falling off things while dodging Bellamy's attacks so that he looked really incompetent. One punch, dammit.
Yeah, I know, I almost did reference that. They also did their best to ruin Zoro's moment of awesome when he one-shotted Hody underwater by making him struggle beforehand, but Fishman Island was about as bad an arc as we're ever likely to see in One Piece (at least I bloody well hope so), so it didn't stand out like it does here.

Sanji's fight with Vergo was handled well, as was Vergo v Law, by padding sensibly.

Anime-only watchers, a spoiler below. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Spoiler:

Hopefully they'll realise they can't do that and will use filler accordingly, but I'm not counting on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS
Page 30 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next