Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS

Go down 
+13
SimianWonder
Talking Sock
Ellis
Maskull
Skip
DeeCee
Kaede
Kimarous
rolbat
Baal
Aristoxenus
Kaio
Superbuu3
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Skip
Australianus
Skip

One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 11:09 am

Oh god I'm not going to keep wasting my time trying to get it to load now. Punk Hazard starts next episode right?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 12:16 pm

Yeah, Punk Hazard starts next episode though I gather there'll be a Christmas break next week.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 2:09 pm

Wow you were right, this was terrible. But I disagree with one of your gripes, Simian. Robin ripping apart that submarine was legit, she used her giant limbs or whatever you want to call them. She's used them to save the Sunny from rocks and to fight Hody's fishmen army, so you know they're capable of a lot more than her regular size arms.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 2:26 pm

Skip wrote:
But I disagree with one of your gripes, Simian. Robin ripping apart that submarine was legit, she used her giant limbs or whatever you want to call them. She's used them to save the Sunny from rocks and to fight Hody's fishmen army, so you know they're capable of a lot more than her regular size arms.

I know what she used; she made big arms out of many small ones, as she has done several times before. However, they're still her limbs, they retain her strength and she doesn't suddenly get exponentially stronger when using the technique. Even with one hundred arms she still wouldn't have the physical power required to tear a submersible's hull apart with her bare hands. Most of her canon feats since the timeskip have been blunt attacks - slaps, stamps that kind of thing that rely on pure mass rather than actually increasing the strength of the attacking limb. Even her stopping Sunny from crashing during the descent to Fishman Island was the same; a great big two handed push away from the rock. She didn't destroy the rock itself, as Luffy, Zoro and Sanji might have done, even with arms and hands almost as big as Sunny itself, she only pushed the ship away from it.

Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 2:31 pm

The Sunny is a pretty massive ship, which would require quite a lot of strength to propel forward. Because it was a pushing motion, mass wouldn't be enough, you'd need to be quite strong to pull that off.

I don't think mass alone would be enough to take down a lot of fishmen in one go either, as they're all 10 times the strength of humans. At least I think it was 10 times, I know they're a lot stronger anyhow. You're gonna need some muscle behind that mass to do some actual damage.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 5:00 pm

Skip wrote:
The Sunny is a pretty massive ship, which would require quite a lot of strength to propel forward. Because it was a pushing motion, mass wouldn't be enough, you'd need to be quite strong to pull that off.

Reading it again, she put her hands out in front of the ship just enough to stop it from colliding with the rock, she doesn't actually propel it.

Quote :
I don't think mass alone would be enough to take down a lot of fishmen in one go either, as they're all 10 times the strength of humans. At least I think it was 10 times, I know they're a lot stronger anyhow. You're gonna need some muscle behind that mass to do some actual damage.

Yes, it's ten times, but she makes legs that are around one hundred feet tall and stomps the crap out of them. That's the raw mass of those limbs, nothing else.

Let's try another way of looking at it; you are trying to rip open the sub with your hands. Obviously you can't, it's physically impossible. You gain Robin's DF. Suddenly you have one hundred arms, but they're still limited by your own physical strength. Can you now rip open the sub?

I'd say no, but you seem to disagree. What does everyone else think?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Approximately it logically, would you not then have 50 times the raw strength you had before? We still not have seen Robin use that much strength a lot, but it's no different really than if there were suddenly 50 people with that same strength working together.

Another way of looking at it is that when she creates those giant limbs, she would not be able to even move them if she didn't have some more strength in them. So I assumed it scaled accordingly.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:51 am

Finally at Punk Hazard and things have begun promisingly. That said, is it me or are the ladies proportion getting more and more ridiculous? Even Tashigi now suffers from the tiny-waist-massive-bust art style, and Nami wearing just that bikini top looked like a grotesque caricature.

Anyway, nice to be back on track and I hope we don't get too much pace-sapping filler this arc.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:09 am

Yeah no kidding, on the Nami breast size thing. If I didn't know for sure I was watching the actual show I'd have swore there was some fanart stuff going on there.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 11:28 am

Another very reasonable episode, though calling it "Luffy vs Giant Dragon" is a little unfair, especially as Zoro is the one who deals the killing blow. Not much to grumble about at all though.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 3:39 am

Well this is getting more interesting. I hope Brook gets to play the hero, and I hope this harpy (or whatever she actually is) proves interesting.

The samurai who's gotten dissected makes me think of Trafalgar Law, so if he shows up that could be cool. Though it seems to be something else that's pulling the strings with the abduction.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 11:09 am

Another solid episode, though the pacing was a bit slower and the filler dragged things out a bit.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 11:52 am

Shurorororo
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 11:57 am

Slightly earlier appearance than in the manga, but his VA sounds spot on.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Skip wrote:
and I hope this harpy (or whatever she actually is) proves interesting.

She's the best.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 1:52 pm

Harpy for Nakama!

Yes, I said nakama. I even used a capital 'N' to emphasise the importance of the word.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 2:35 pm

She will be Zoro's love interest. They both have green hair and had the same guitar music cue when they were introduced.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 6:03 pm

If Zoro ever has a love interest besides his swords, I'll stop reading OP.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 10:24 am

Another very solid episode, and "Master's" VA is absolutely spot on. Sounds very Freeza like - do they share the same VA?

EDIT: Google answered my oquestion, yes they do. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 10:46 am

Oh, and if anyone was interested, the special "Episode of Luffy" is now available in sub. It's reasonably entertaining, and post-TS Coby is pretty awesome, but at least twenty minutes of the 100 minute run time is spent going over Luffy and Shanks' history, how Luffy got the infamous straw hat in the first place, which surely everybody knows anyway? There's also a Coby flashback showing Luffy beating Alvida, but it's been shortened somewhat, with locations changed and some events removed.

The story itself is a bit cliche - an overzealous, over ambitious Marine Commodore wants to become an admiral by simply capturing a high value bounty head. Surprise, surprise, the Straw Hats enter the scene and he sets his sights on Luffy. There are a few problems with it though -

* Luffy is repeatedly referenced as "over 100 million bounty". While this is technically correct, bearing in mind this is set post TS, his bounty is actually 400 million. It seemed odd not to just say that.
* Bilic, the villain of the piece, the marine Commodore, has no powers of his own. Nothing at all. How did he ever make Commodore? And think he can go from Commodore to Admiral simply by capturing a high value bounty? If all it took was the capture of a 100 million bounty, the likes of Smoker and Sentomaru would have been admirals by now. I'm unsure whether it's just a really poorly though out plot point, or whether the villain is just that deluded. I'm inclined to think the former.
* The villagers are completely under-developed. There's only one of them that has any importance to the story, the rest of them are just there, which given how their oppression is the focal point of the story seems like a weird thing to let slide.
* The fights are pretty lame. Everyone seems to wear their best "Dunce" hat, because there's no strategy whatsoever. A) Franky fires rocket launchers which he has no control over, causing large collateral damage. Robin creates giant stomping legs - a la Fishman Island - yet tries to stomp the area where Chopper is fighting, almost crushing him. Chopper uses Kung-fu point to easily defeat a group of robot enemies, yet later is seen in Brain point running away from just one of them. Worst of all, Luffy gets a really raw deal. The climax shows him fighting Bilic aboard a mobile cannon-type thing, yet even with haki and Gear Second, Luffy can't keep up. Really? Straight into the New World and someone has a machine that can outdo not only Gear Second but haki as well? Come on now. Instead, the cannon dodges every move Luffy makes, and Luffy ends up simply trying to tank numerous cannonballs even after being told they're designed to damage DF users, even a rubber man, by blowing up on impact, so Luffy just keeps doing his Fuusen thing and letting the attacks blow up inside him, which visibly hurts him.
* At the end of the episode they leave Zoro behind, to Sanji's delight and no one is particularly bothered. I know it was meant to be a gag, but it does rather go against everything the crew stands for.

Entertaining enough I suppose, and seeing Zoro cut cannonballs larger than Sunny was pretty cool, but I don't really understand the point of it.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 1:58 am

Well the best thing about it was Zoro being a boss and seeing Coby in action, even if he still sounds like a kid and his floral headband makes him look like a fruit.

Elephant Gattling on that commander is the definition of overkill.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 12:48 pm

One handed Elephant gatling at that.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 5:48 pm

A bit slower this week. I know it was to be expected, but the Biscuit room must be huge because Nami, Franky, Chopper and Sanji were running out of it for five bloody minutes. Thankfully, there were some plusses - Brook making snowmen, Sanji and Franky's attacks and - shock,horror! - Nami actuallly being drawn with much more realistic proportions.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 12:32 am

The running out of the room was a bit drawn out, but the rest was enjoyable.

I still hate children in anime.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:01 am

That was better, felt like much less padding (though there was still some) but the pacing felt fine, and the ending was perfect.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS   One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One piece sub (up to date anime - no manga) MAJOR-SPOILERS
Page 29 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next