Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new Xbox to be revealed May 21

Go down 
+11
Kaede
Baal
brandon
Kaio
Skip
SimianWonder
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
testtubebaby
Neo
Eevil-Psycho
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 7:25 am

http://www.neowin.net/news/anonymous-xbox-engineer-explains-drm-and-microsofts-xbox-one-intentions

Key quote here:

Quote :
Long term goal is steam for consoles.

That tells me all I need to know. I don't want Steam on consoles.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 9:31 am

Microsoft are doing what they want to do rather than listening to what any of their consumer base wants them to do.  Even after the PR suicide that was E3, even after the amazing response at the Sony PS4 announcement, they still came out to defend the direction they had taken. 

With the amount of goodwill Sony generated in their conference, and with the amount of ill will currently aimed at Microsoft, I can honestly see PS4 outselling the One by something like four or five units to one.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 11:16 am

On Amazon the PS4 launch edition (guaranteed first shipment) has sold out and the regular version is outselling the Xbone. That speaks for itself I think.

A Steam equivalent for consoles would actually be fantastic though Moose, just as long as it was only for digital purchases. Console digital distribution already has all the negative aspects of Steam without the positives.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 8:58 pm

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Don Mattrick wrote:
Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games

After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today

There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 9:00 pm

I like how they call utter outrage 'feedback'.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 9:02 pm

Xbone will probably secure the North American market now.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 9:04 pm

Now the people who liked the XBOne are mad that they need the disc in the tray and can't share digital content.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 9:37 pm

im thankful in a way, if MS hadn't done anything sony would have dominated the next gen & that could potentially be fatal as a gamer... we need a healthy balance so companies don't take too many liberties
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 10:15 pm

After the disaster that has been the XB one release do far,  MS had to backtrack,  surely? Otherwise I'd be like citing your noise of to spite your face.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 10:21 pm

Stupid predictive text. ..

Cutting your nose off to spite your face.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 10:36 pm

I was looking forward to watching them keep digging themselves into a hole. Shame they've pulled a 180 360.

new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 P6KQsoC
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 10:45 pm

Neo wrote:
Xbone will probably secure the North American market now.

PS4 is still 100 bucks cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 10:51 pm

And comes without the scary Kinect-that's-always-listening.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 11:17 pm

Yes, however I think that, now that it's not so overtly anti consumer that even loyal buyers don't want it, people will return to the "Buy American" philosophy that they clearly displayed before the whole shitstorm at E3.
Back to top Go down
Rman
Deck Hand
Rman

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 1:38 am

Backpedal much??

Quote :

If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today.

Their way of saying, "stop with the discs and just buy from us so you don't need one anymore." It WOULD have been nice to avoid needing a disc with an installed game, but the whole "connect every 24 hours" had to go.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 2:33 am

So this Games for Gold thing they talked about is even less impressive than it sounded. There's only one game available at a time, and it changes every few weeks. It's rumoured to only last until the XBOne launches too.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:16 am

How bad is it when guy in charge of a console's development leaves the company a few months after it's disastrous announcement to become the CEO of Zynga? It's pretty bad right?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-01-xbox-exec-don-mattrick-leaves-microsoft-for-zynga-report
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:32 pm

good riddance, now I don't have to look at his face ever again at a press event.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:17 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
good riddance, now I don't have to look at his face ever again at a press event.
Yeah he looked sleazy as hell, made me feel violated whenever he spoke with that smug grin.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 11:24 pm

He probably knew he was leaving for the whole thing and so him not really giving a shit came through.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 12:02 am

If the xbone had been better received he probably would have stuck around until after the launch.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 11:54 am

Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:16 am

seems like Microsoft keeps reversing things.. now you don't even need to have the Kinect plugged in.

I guess that's good for everyone, but it doesn't really make your company look confident in it's product.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 5:20 pm

Remember when they called the PS4 the "360 2"? I guess they realised that's all anyone wanted.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 7:59 pm

Kinect still comes bundled with the system and will likely be required for some features/games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new Xbox to be revealed May 21   new Xbox to be revealed May 21 - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new Xbox to be revealed May 21
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next